Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default Matt Cassel vs (Original) Tom Brady

Anybody remember what Tom Brady played like before he scored a million touchdowns in a year? I've seen a few games Cassel has played (recently) and he looks alot like the Tom Brady i remember. You know, that guy who threw efficient short passes to everyone and anyone on the field.. a "game manager" whatever that means.. a clutch performer etc. Tom got better, so im not saying they're the same, but it absolutely looks to me that if cassel played 7 years in the patriots offense (and under the coaching staff) that he could be nearly every bit the player tom brady is today. The argument I always made with Peyton vs Brady was that you knew Peyton was gifted coming out of college.. It's why he was drafted so high. Peyton could have litterally gone anywhere and succeeded. Brady wasn't like that, he is today, but not when he was drafted. He happened to be on the perfect team for him and he reached his fullest potential and now hes maybe the greatest quarterback to ever play. But Cassel looks like he is the exact same player Brady was, and I think he could be just as good. He won't get his chance, so I'll never know but for now all I'd rather know is...

Is this a fair assessment?

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote