Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I agree with all, but honestly if it is Bryant Johnson that pushes the young guys like Morgan, and Hill to play well, then it was a good signing.

I know that he would love to come across the bay :)
He needs to go across the country, not the bay. I am sure hes sick of the Bay Area with his tenure w/ the Raiders.

I dont really think theres been a disappointing player on the Falcons. Everyone is playing well or overachieving. There are bad players (Keith Brooking) but thats expected. Boley isn't having the same beast of a season, but he has been asked to drop into coverage a lot more.

I wonder how long this defense is going to overachieve. One of the best assistant HCs has to be Brian VanGorder with the way he is handling this defense. Drew Brees was 12/24 for 128 yards with 1 (or 2. dont remember) interception and 0 TDs. You look at the talent of guys on the Falcons defense, and that just doesn't seem possible.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
braylon edwards. nuff said.
yep. "nuff said"

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgive me, I'm not anywhere near informed on the state of the Falcons, but what exactly happened to Keith Brooking? I've seen him beast his share of games but the way you're telling it D, it sounds like he's fallen off a cliff.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
FalconTown83

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Forgive me, I'm not anywhere near informed on the state of the Falcons, but what exactly happened to Keith Brooking? I've seen him beast his share of games but the way you're telling it D, it sounds like he's fallen off a cliff.
Unfortunately for the Falcons he has =( His benefits now come from being on the field as a leader of the defense, not as a player. He's a poor excuse of his former glory. He's not a Pro Bowl caliber player anymore, and if Steven Nicholas wasn't so versatile I think he'd already have unseated Brooking.

Brooking's speed disappeared. He's either going to have to retire, or re-learn how to play the game and get deeper in coverage and not try to play so tight, the guy was outrun by a 270pound G who was lined up at FB.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
yep. "nuff said"
yeah i was expecting huge things out of him, one of my favs

kinda wanted Derek Anderson to have a good year also, because i dont like Quinn.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Instead of naming one player I'm just going to say the Seahawks injurys are pretty dissapointing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers D-Line minus kampman... all of it

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Packers D-Line minus kampman... all of it
the whole thing!?
Old 11-14-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you see the pass rush vs minnesota and tennesee, im not singling out players but the whole d-line really has NOT played very good at all. Not to mention we cant stop the run

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Did you see the pass rush vs minnesota and tennesee, im not singling out players but the whole d-line really has NOT played very good at all. Not to mention we cant stop the run
good points i suppose...lol
Old 11-14-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The entire Dallas Cowboys roster. An coaches. And management. Pretty much anyone associated with the team.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
The entire Dallas Cowboys roster. An coaches. And management. Pretty much anyone associated with the team.
Well the ball boys.. they've performed better than last year I'd say. If I had to find a positive. Oh and the cheerleaders.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
they just need to give the ball to barber more and they will be good to go. Not givin him the amount of carries he should be getting.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like they thought getting 15 pro bowlers automatically got them a playoff berth/superbowl.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote