Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-14-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Well you have to account for the fact Tebow has proven his skills as a football player for almost 3 years in one of the best conferences in the nation.
in an offense where he has absolutely no reads, im not saying alex was any different but his fundamentals were much much better
Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously think Tebow is destined for a Chris Cooley H-back type position.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I seriously think Tebow is destined for a Chris Cooley H-back type position.
hes a good athlete so its possible. but the first time he tries to run over an NFL linebacker the way he does in college hes going to die.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
hes a good athlete so its possible. but the first time he tries to run over an NFL linebacker the way he does in college hes going to die.
He will learn. I have read that fullback is what he will be. I would use a first day pick on him and make him an H-back. He would bring a lot of flexability in what you can do.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
He will learn. I have read that fullback is what he will be. I would use a first day pick on him and make him an H-back. He would bring a lot of flexability in what you can do.
hes a good athlete and that will help him alot. he could be a good back up but i just dont see him being an elite QB in the NFL....he could bring some dimensions to the offense that would be different (trick plays ect.) idk..
Old 11-14-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
hes a good athlete and that will help him alot. he could be a good back up but i just dont see him being an elite QB in the NFL....he could bring some dimensions to the offense that would be different (trick plays ect.) idk..
They could put him at FB fake the run then he throws a jump pass.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
They could put him at FB fake the run then he throws a jump pass.
thatd be tight! i would enjoy seein that one
Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
wattupMarcel
Rookie

wattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Smile

these posts make me laugh when u look back at them

Follow Me twitter.com/wattupMarcel
wattupMarcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
1st round pick??? I don't even see a 5th round pick in him. He a worse prospect than Andre Woodson.
Haha!!! Not even close.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

If Newton or Locker succeed there are gonna be about 2 pages of material to look back on and poke fun at.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we were all wrong

bow down to the mighty starheather
Old 01-04-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
wattupMarcel
Rookie

wattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwattupMarcel is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
we were all wrong

everyone wasn't wrong..just the ones who were wrong

Follow Me twitter.com/wattupMarcel
wattupMarcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we are taking a stroll down memory lane, here's an old blog I wrote about Freeman.

Quote:
September 5th, 2008

With such a weak crop of senior quarterbacks everyone is wondering where the first round signal callers are going to come from. Most of the talk so far has centered around Matthew Stafford and Tim Tebow but there is another junior passer who has been generating quite a bit of buzz in the scouting community.

Josh Freeman of Kansas St.

One of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school, Freeman originally committed to Nebraska before changing course and ending up at K-State. Physically Freeman has everything you look for in a top quarterback prospect, including outstanding size (6-6, 250), a big arm and above average athleticism. Freeman is still developing as a passer but he began to emerge as a very intriguing prospect as a sophomore in '07, completing 63% of his passes for 3,300 yards with an 18-to-11 TD to INT ratio. If he can continue to improve and make similar strides as a junior Freeman could enjoy a JaMarcus Russell-esque rise up pro draft boards.

Odds are Freeman will stay in school all four years and that would probably be a wise choice because he's not a finished product by any stretch of the imagination. With that said he has a special set of physical tools that already has some scouts drooling and even though he doesn't get nearly as much ink as some of the other signal callers in his class Freeman could eventually end up being just as good of a prospect. With all the attention quarterbacks get it's rare for one to fly under the radar but that might actually be the case with this guy.

Keep a close eye on Josh Freeman, if not for 2009 then definitely for 2010.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we were all wrong

The same Starheather that said Tony Pike was a better prospect than Sam Bradford?

Riiiiiiggghhhhtttt......
Old 01-04-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
purplepat
Rookie

purplepat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This was a pretty funny thread to read...

I don't know enough about these guys to compare apples to oranges, but I'd say Freeman has acquitted himself better than Stafford (who can't stay healthy) and Sanchez (inconsistent at best, with a much better cast around him).
purplepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In retrospect, I was paying way more attention to the numbers than the level of play he was bringing to the field. That's something I used to do waaaay too much of I think. Always liked the physical tools, thought he would be a solid second round pick that could end up developing into a franchise quarterback, but I had a hard time seeing him do so well in the NFL right away when everyone and their brother was putting up MASSIVE numbers in the Big XII(which was easily the worst conference in terms of pass defense the past five years, sans Texas) and he was struggling numerically.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, I'm **** at evaluating QBs.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
The same Starheather that said Tony Pike was a better prospect than Sam Bradford?

Riiiiiiggghhhhtttt......
Also that Terrence Cody was the best prospect in the draft. I used to really get into it with him. Again, in retrospect, stupid haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mean obviously i was joking but it is pretty ironic that starheather was in love with Pike, a guy who has a peashooter for arm
Old 01-04-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
i mean obviously i was joking but it is pretty ironic that starheather was in love with Pike, a guy who has a peashooter for arm
That would be a four page argument haha. Pike had the strongest arm in the draft, according to him. People believed him as well. Lots of people here were putting Pike in the first or second round that year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great thread. Would read again.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
MattyFos
Rookie

MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.

Funny stuff. I'm so proud of the progress Tebow has made. Josh Freeman too for that matter. I didn't know he had so many critics. He always seemed raw, but extremely talented.

Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.
MattyFos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyFos View Post
Funny stuff. I'm so proud of the progress Tebow has made. Josh Freeman too for that matter. I didn't know he had so many critics. He always seemed raw, but extremely talented.
Tebow has played well, but his mechanics are still sloppy. He still has that windup release and I thought he worked very hard to improve and get it shorter. I guess Mayock was right. When you're used to something for years, it's very hard to change it. But that is the biggest knock on him right now though. Not bad. I hope he improves.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MattyFos
Rookie

MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Tebow has played well, but his mechanics are still sloppy. He still has that windup release and I thought he worked very hard to improve and get it shorter. I guess Mayock was right. When you're used to something for years, it's very hard to change it. But that is the biggest knock on him right now though. Not bad. I hope he improves.
Two things
1. Mayock is always right.
2. I, and hopefully nobody else, expected him to have perfect mechanics one year after completely changing his throwing motion. I think he will continue making strides. It did look like he was dropping the ball to his hip whilst he was QBing the Broncos. But I would still take him over Clausen and McCoy. Knowing what I know now, I would take Tebow over McCoy.

Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.
MattyFos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyFos View Post
Two things
1. Mayock is always right.
2. I, and hopefully nobody else, expected him to have perfect mechanics one year after completely changing his throwing motion. I think he will continue making strides. It did look like he was dropping the ball to his hip whilst he was QBing the Broncos. But I would still take him over Clausen and McCoy. Knowing what I know now, I would take Tebow over McCoy.
I think I would take anybody of Clausen.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote