Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I don't think that was really wildcat bro. I think it was a regular shutgun set with McFadden at QB and Bush at RB and they did a simple option...
I think that's what people are interpreting it as, Ronnie Brown is playing QB and they run the option with him, it varies each time but essentially thats it, same thing Boldin and the Cardinals are using tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And what might be next.... Wing T in the NFL :O ... that would be awesome. To see a bucksweep or a rocket sweep or something . . .
Old 11-10-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
And what might be next.... Wing T in the NFL :O ... that would be awesome. To see a bucksweep or a rocket sweep or something . . .
NO! Those are like the ony two plays my high school team ran, that and trap. I was a fan of Rocket sweep tho. i got the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think the Bears should incorperate a package in general where Hester and Forte both start in the backfield.

Too bad Ron Turner doesn't know how to call anything but a.) run up the gut b.) screen pass to Hester and c.) out to Olsen. (Unless Rexy is at QB then he calls streaks by everyone.....ugh.)
well, Rexy would kill Ron Turner with a pass into the booth upstairs if there werent at least 2 guys running a streak

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
well, Rexy would kill Ron Turner with a pass into the booth upstairs if there werent at least 2 guys running a streak
The sex cannon really is a wmd.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Cardinals are calling it the "Pahokee" offense in homage to Boldin's hometown

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

it would be scary as hell to see Hester takin the direct snap. im sure its happened this year but i havent watched the bears very much
Old 11-14-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
The sex cannon really is a wmd.
They should play "Sex Gun" by KISS whenever Sexy Rexy throws a deep pass.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the raiders would use this more since McFadden has ran the system way more than any other player in the NFL. McFadden at QB and Fargas and Bush at RB, seems like it would be decent

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I thought the raiders would use this more since McFadden has ran the system way more than any other player in the NFL. McFadden at QB and Fargas and Bush at RB, seems like it would be decent

idk why they dont try it, its not like anything would be worse than what is going on right now.

i think they need to take advantage of Jamarcus' ability to throw the deep ball.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
it would be scary as hell to see Hester takin the direct snap. im sure its happened this year but i havent watched the bears very much
it hasnt cause Ron Turner sucks

Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
it hasnt cause Ron Turner sucks
haha well i see....

when you have a guy that does the things hester does with the ball in his hands i would do whatever it takes to get him the ball.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
haha well i see....

when you have a guy that does the things hester does with the ball in his hands i would do whatever it takes to get him the ball.
if it was me, id put the longsnapper in and just snap it to hester every play, basically all returns

Old 11-14-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
if it was me, id put the longsnapper in and just snap it to hester every play, basically all returns
haha thats a cleaver way of lookin at it. just get your athletes the ball and let em work.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

The Wildcat is just further proof that the NFL is a copycat league. And if defenses really do start spending time preparing for trick plays they'll see a couple times tops per game, then it's worked.
gameplaya2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And you would lose three yards every play
Old 11-14-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplaya2435 View Post
The Wildcat is just further proof that the NFL is a copycat league. And if defenses really do start spending time preparing for trick plays they'll see a couple times tops per game, then it's worked.
if you have the athletes to run it why not?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplaya2435 View Post
whats wrong with being a copycat?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the Wildcat, I'm saying if defenses start working on how to defend it during the week, that's taking away time to work on more important scenarios in a football game.
gameplaya2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football is a copy cat game. The first thing my college coach told him is he put together his playbook, using stuff he saw from three of our rival teams.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets did it all the way back in 2003 with LaMont Jordan.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOverboard View Post
Jets did it all the way back in 2003 with LaMont Jordan.
Yeah? Well the Packers did it back in 1998 with some guy named Favre. :D
I really cant see LaMont doing much out of it besides having an extra split second to find a hole.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Football is a copy cat game. The first thing my college coach told him is he put together his playbook, using stuff he saw from three of our rival teams.
thats what i would do. I would take a little bit out of every successful offense i could find.

I would run some spread offense and you have some of your pro style, lots of play action. dives and also have the stretch plays. and then im going to throw in the wildcat because if you have the athletes that can make plays....get em the ball.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Yeah? Well the Packers did it back in 1998 with some guy named Favre. :D
I really cant see LaMont doing much out of it besides having an extra split second to find a hole.
anybody see the play against the patriots where Brad Smith Definately should have thrown the ball to Brett.

id do it just to say that i completed a pass to Brett Favre.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
anybody see the play against the patriots where Brad Smith Definately should have thrown the ball to Brett.

id do it just to say that i completed a pass to Brett Favre.
haha true. I bet Brett would have caught it and taken it to the house too; if it was an absolutely perfect throw and there was no one around for 30 yards of course.