Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-10-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Buckler?

Very good.

There's a bunch of good NA beers out there... just not like... odouls? why? it's a macrobrew.

Best of the bunch that i can think of off the top of my head is buckler... stiegl makes one too, i just don't know if you can get it in america... st. pauli's na isn't bad either.
Whats the point of beer if there is no alcohol in it? That's part of the flavor.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Whats the point of beer if there is no alcohol in it? That's part of the flavor.
beer flavor. some things just taste better with beer. and not say. diet pepsi.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At drinking non-alcoholic beer? Probably, I dont think I could handle the taste.
Real beer, or vodka...or azn rice wine

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Real beer, or vodka...or azn rice wine
Tell you what, Renji, whenever it is that I go to Germany, I will look you up and we can settle this the American way: drinking until one of us is blind or in the hospital.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't let this drop any further down into page 2.

I think we should have a vote on who makes the best different styles of beer. And see what we come up with. See if we have similar opinions on who makes the best stout, IPA, red ale, etc.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had bells oberon. hated it. it tasted like butter.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Had bells oberon. hated it. it tasted like butter.
i think you drank it wrong.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Couldn't let this drop any further down into page 2.

I think we should have a vote on who makes the best different styles of beer. And see what we come up with. See if we have similar opinions on who makes the best stout, IPA, red ale, etc.
good idea.

Porter-Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter
Amber-Lakefront Riverwest Stein Beer
IPA-Bell's Two Hearted Ale
ESB-Red Hook ESB
Red-Leinenkugel's Red

Seasonal
Fall-Red Hook Late Harvest
Winter-Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
Spring-Lake Front White
Summer-Capital Prairie Gold
Old 11-15-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to put my 2 cents in on IPAs and Stouts. The rest I want to think about and don't feel like doing that now.

IPA: I have a toss up between two. One from each coast. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA and Green Flash West Coast IPA.

Stout: Duckseason turned me onto this in the old beer thread and he was 100% right. Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti Stout.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
i think you drank it wrong.
that's why my pbr tasted funny too.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
that's why my pbr tasted funny too.
I think you're just not classy enough for PBR.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I think you're just not classy enough for PBR.
well. i did have it airmailed. a growler of oberon and a six pack of pbr. and it all tasted hella funny.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
well. i did have it airmailed. a growler of oberon and a six pack of pbr. and it all tasted hella funny.
probably from the shipping

Old 11-15-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

40 proof beer
Old 11-16-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
40 proof beer
Oh your god... how was it?

Old 11-16-2008, 04:16 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
dogfish 120 is absolutely fantastic.

i like the 90 better on a regular basis, but 120 is very nearly heaven in a bottle.
How much is it and can it be found at all liquor stores?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:52 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

i've never seen 120 in a liquor store.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
How much is it and can it be found at all liquor stores?
gotta go to a distributor most likely. I saw it in the grocery store once actually.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Dogfish Head only brews small amounts of the 120 minute IPA, 4 times a year. The sell it per 12 oz bottle. I had it last winter, and honestly did not like it as much as the 90 minute. You can't really taste the alcohol, which was suprising at 20%, but a good thing. However the beer was almost too fruity and syrupy. But if I see it again, I'm going to pick up another bottle to try it again. Since they only brew it 4 times a year, I'd imagine every batch could be ever so slightly different.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Dogfish Head only brews small amounts of the 120 minute IPA, 4 times a year. The sell it per 12 oz bottle. I had it last winter, and honestly did not like it as much as the 90 minute. You can't really taste the alcohol, which was suprising at 20%, but a good thing. However the beer was almost too fruity and syrupy. But if I see it again, I'm going to pick up another bottle to try it again. Since they only brew it 4 times a year, I'd imagine every batch could be ever so slightly different.
back in the day in the first beer thread. i had a convo with njx about storing the 120. he was like. that's ridiculous don't do that. i was like. why not?

that said. i drink that beer about 4 times a year, and like you say jug, it's syrupy, the malts are almost sickningly sweet, but it's balanced with enough hops to make it drinkable. that's why i've resigned to aging it, it kinda mellows out the fruit juice like tartness of it. still is tough to drink, but good to appreciate...

90 minute satisfies more than enough imo though. the more daily drinker.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AQ I finally found Piraat this weekend. Nummy.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
AQ I finally found Piraat this weekend. Nummy.
PIRAAT!

Now, not to sound like a total fangirl or anything.

But flasks of Pyrat rum

Very delish.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

expensivo?

I'm not much of a Rum guy. Used to drink it, but now I really don't like it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
expensivo?

I'm not much of a Rum guy. Used to drink it, but now I really don't like it.
22 bucks for a fifth.

it's pineappley

Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I'm not much of a Rum guy.
Chopin vodka ftw.