Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-05-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just put a new post up on the first round tradition, and if I think we'll have one this year.

Check it out. Also has some recruiting tidbits.
( link is http://umhurricanes.blogspot.com )
Old 11-06-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who was the recruit that left?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
who was the recruit that left?
For his privacy, I won't divulge that. He had personal problems in the past, if that doesn't give you a clue, I can't help you.

Anyways, posted a Canes in the NFL update and I'll be writing a big Va Tech preview thing probably tomorrow when I don't have class. I'm sure Joey will post something to that regard as well.

Big game Thursday....
Old 11-10-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man... I'm feuding what to watch... Jets/Pats or Canes/Va Tech... Pretty cool Canes got Thursday for Georgia Tech too

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
For his privacy, I won't divulge that. He had personal problems in the past, if that doesn't give you a clue, I can't help you.

Anyways, posted a Canes in the NFL update and I'll be writing a big Va Tech preview thing probably tomorrow when I don't have class. I'm sure Joey will post something to that regard as well.

Big game Thursday....
Don't worry. I got a nice Keys to game type of run down thingy and prediction that I will probably get up tomorrow nite.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

http://umhurricanes.blogspot.com

My VT game preview is up. Joey put up a writeup as well. Me and Joey will post our predictions tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2001 UM/VT is on ESPN Classic. That team is filthy.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
2001 UM/VT is on ESPN Classic. That team is filthy.
Beast mode game by the defense. Great game. Too bad I don't have ESPN Classic :(
Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Don't worry. I got a nice Keys to game type of run down thingy and prediction that I will probably get up tomorrow nite.
Are you really afraid of Orion Martin? I mean I know Youngblood's garbage but Martin is like 250 lbs and runs a 4.9. He plays even slower than he times too....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Are you really afraid of Orion Martin? I mean I know Youngblood's garbage but Martin is like 250 lbs and runs a 4.9. He plays even slower than he times too....
That was more of a Youngblood having to move to LT thing that a matchup.

I guess it's more Youngblood against himself. He needs to hold his own or we could be in trouble.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

should be a big game tomorrow night I cant wait to see how we do in it, really love to see us keep it going.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, great win tonight guys! Now we just need Maryland to come through big for us on Sunday against UNC!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go Maryland!
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO Canes!!! I'm a big canes fan despite, like etk libing in canadia. I hope we make the ACCCG and woop FSU or whoever and make a bcs bowl! No matter what happens in that BCS game should we make it, we're primed for a huge run in the next couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maryland beat UNC, we are officially 1st in the ACC Coastal and we control our own destiny on making a BCS bowl

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally back in the Top 25. It's good to be back.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares about those POS rankings anyway? Stewart Mandel had us at like 40 before the week....behind some really garbage mid-major teams. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon when we beat big bad VT....great. Those pollsters should've had us ranked ahead of VT all year, because we've always looked like a better team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-16-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Who cares about those POS rankings anyway? Stewart Mandel had us at like 40 before the week....behind some really garbage mid-major teams. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon when we beat big bad VT....great. Those pollsters should've had us ranked ahead of VT all year, because we've always looked like a better team.
I totally agree. It's too bad that big Nationally Televised night games have such impact on how teams are percieved and ranked. unfortunately it took the Canes this long to get to get noticed on a national level but it is what it is. If Miami can win the ACC Coastal and potentially go to a BCS game, then none of that other stuff matters.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw this picture, this is exactly why our defense is so dominant right now, I count 9 Miami boys coming after Boone the VT TE

Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They looked great against Virginia Tech, the pads were popping and they were playing passionate Hurricane football. Sure not great but the receivers made plays with the ball in their hands, the quarterbacks made plays with their feet. The defensive backs tackled hard and were aggressive and they consistently got pressure on the quarterback. If Miami plays like this the rest of the year, watch out.

Honestly wonder what changed, last few times I have seen them play they looked flat and quite uninspired.

Things that have changed personnel wise are Marcus Robinson being a standout DE pass rusher, JoJo at safety providing toughness and size Mr. James being back in the lineup offensively providing leadership.

Still hope Cooper starts to continue to run strong and be a tough runner, and not disappear during games. They need him badly on offense considering the young QB play and the lack of true playmakers at receiver.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So that sucked. Hopefully the young guys learn from it so when the old losers are gone, they'll be able to contain it, and the O will be able to move the ball with all the playmakers once the QBs developed. I didn't watch the whole game, but DJP and I were talking about it in IRC, Young did a good job, although now that I think of it, I have one gripe. On the 4th and Goal Nesbitt ran it in, I thought the D should have been lined up in the gaps, because the way it was, I could have run that one in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
just saw this picture, this is exactly why our defense is so dominant right now, I count 9 Miami boys coming after Boone the VT TE

Oh the irony right now....you'd be lucky to see 1 Cane trying an arm tackle in any given picture against a friggin Paul Johnson offense. Pathetic.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I'm confused, if we beat NC State we are gonna be 5-3 the same record that VT gets if they win out, but we beat VT why would they be in the ACC championsip?

Old 11-22-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I'm not sure how the tiebreakers work. UVA and UNC lost so that has to help, right?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure we needed UVA to win out. I think if VT wins out they go to the CG, if they lose GT does.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote