Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
The greatest thing Barber has done or will ever do.

That was crazy I was so pissed when that happened.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
That was crazy I was so pissed when that happened.
I was pulling for NE so yeah, I wasn't happy.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A lot of backs could do what he has done with that many attempts behind one of the best OLs in football.
dude way to overate them... At times they look pretty good, other times not so much. Pretty sure our line has been the most penalized. Anyways week 1 he was what 8 yards shy of 100? o wow! If not for abandoning the run in the Vikings game last he likely would have topped 100 same with the Titans.

Besides this is the fluke thread right? So therefore he would have to have a good year (last year) and suck balls the next. Hes on pace for a better year. So exactly hes a fluke how?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First off, let's not start to compare Barber to Grant cause you'll look silly and I want to avoid that.

Nice stat lines... but if you want to compare how good RBs are based off YPC, then Selvin Young, Jerious Norwood and Jamaal Charles are Gods.

It's must feel good to see Grant have his second 100 yard game, but he's an average back. Not the super star that many expected.
The only people in this world who thought he was going to be a superstar was the media, not one Packers' fan thought he was going to become a great or superstar running back in this league...
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of flukes Devin Hester anyone? Best returner maybe ever to very average. Let the excuses fly.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Speaking of flukes Devin Hester anyone? Best returner maybe ever to very average. Let the excuses fly.
Not necessarily a fluke....but the league adjusted well after getting some film.

His blocking may be nonexistent. Perhaps BF_51, BB, Sweetness, GWO, or AQ would like to explain it to us.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-16-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not necessarily a fluke....but the league adjusted well after getting some film.

His blocking may be nonexistent. Perhaps BF_51, BB, Sweetness, GWO, or AQ would like to explain it to us.
Is non-existent.

Brendon Ayenbadejo was a key blocker in the return schemes, he's gone
Hunter Hillenmeyer is a key blocker, he's been injured for the past 8 weeks.
McKie isn't playing as well and hester isn't playing as well.

What made the 2006 season nuts was that the ST's finished blocks. Now they can't even block.

Ryan Grant is still a fluke though. This game proves nothing.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Ryan Grant is still a fluke though. This game proves nothing.
Keep telling yourself that. It just may come true. Just like a premature Rex Grossman/Muhammad NFL probowl commercial...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 11-17-2008 at 12:40 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Keep telling yourself that. It just may come true. Just like a premature Rex Grossman/Muhammad NFL probowl commercial...
what is the greater failure:

the packers offensive line or the bears defense?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
as soon as devin is at the 18 there are at least 4 guys that are ready to make a tackle. I mean he is great, but not god

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Exactly. Top 15 is not a fluke and he certainly doesn't compare to Tatum Bell and Cederic Benson like you have in the past.

Thank you. I win. :)
You mean we both agree he's average? I guess we both win. ;)

He's a one year wonder who cashed in at the right time. All of a sudden he has excuses (like a poor run blocking OL, inflated expectations from the media, etc etc) while having all the chances in the world to show us more.

Don't tell me that all the Packers fans out there never expected him to be a superstar, then when I tell you that he's not a superstar, then you get all over me. That's ridiculous. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT HE WAS OVERHYPED!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:00 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First off, let's not start to compare Barber to Grant cause you'll look silly and I want to avoid that.

Nice stat lines... but if you want to compare how good RBs are based off YPC, then Selvin Young, Jerious Norwood and Jamaal Charles are Gods.

It's must feel good to see Grant have his second 100 yard game, but he's an average back. Not the super star that many expected.
Quote:
Argh... if you want to, then fine. ...you can't compare Grant to Barber because Barber is a complete back. Besides the fact that Barber is a waaaaaay better blocker, Barber's numbers demolish Grant when you consider his receiving yards. The same with LT, Gore and even Forte. The impact these RBs add to the game make them that much better than Grant. Once you add the receiving yards into the equation, these backs have way more than 2 100 yard games.

A top 15 back? Seeing as there are 32 teams in the league, that puts him right at the average mark, which I think he is. Now if more RBs in committees had as many carries as him, he'd fall further down the list. No one expected him to be a superstar back, but you think he deserves consideration as a top 10 back? Don't contradict yourself. A top 10 RB is a superstar in this league.

Grant is #6 in Rush Attempts, yet his 3.6 ypc number is near the bottom of the league. Don't give me yardage numbers to justify anything. He's gotten the rock a ton.
Don't contradict yourself. Grant isn't a fluke no matter how you spin it. He's eighth in yards. That alone should erase ''fluke talk''

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:02 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was the sexy pick to be the next best thing after his second half last year but he was a practice squad back how long ago? That's how the media works. You listen long enough you believe it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
what is the greater failure:

the packers offensive line or the bears defense?
Packers offensive line has really pissed me off this season. The only guy I've been impressed with is the guy many fans wanted to throw to the dogs (Colledge). However, the Packers offensive line manhandled the bears on Sunday, in embarrassing fashion.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
He was the sexy pick to be the next best thing after his second half last year but he was a practice squad back how long ago? That's how the media works. You listen long enough you believe it.
ESPN did talk him up alot he's good but to me he's an above average starter
Old 11-17-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He's a one year wonder who cashed in at the right time. All of a sudden he has excuses (like a poor run blocking OL, inflated expectations from the media, etc etc) while having all the chances in the world to show us more.

Don't tell me that all the Packers fans out there never expected him to be a superstar, then when I tell you that he's not a superstar, then you get all over me. That's ridiculous. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT HE WAS OVERHYPED!
And the one where he missed training camp. Ryan Grant needs to do something in the first half of the season. Looking at the stats again, more like the first quarter of the season. He started off well against Minny with a 7.7 ypc and almost 100 yards, but 15 attempts for 20 yards against the Lions? Really? He also had 15 attempts for 20 yards against Tampa. He had 90 yards against Seattle, with a 2.7 ypc. I'd really like to see more passes to Grant. He only has 5 receptions. Maybe it was missing training camp, or maybe he just gets better as people start to wear down.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

He hasn't even had a full season as a starter yet, has been nagged by his hamstring and the packers o-line hasn't been particularly consistent. You all want to call someone something prematurely just hoping you turn out to be right. Lay off his nuts.
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The greatest thing Barber has done or will ever do.

The best part about that video was watching Harrison get dragged down by the facemask. Nice.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well by saying he's average you're admitting he's not a fluke. I think we both agree he's at least average.

That's not all of a sudden. We've had a poor run blocking OL since 2006.

And how is he a one year wonder if he's 8th in rushing this year?

While having all the chances in the world to show us more? He had 950 yards in half a season last year and has 770 so far this year. You sir are the one who's expecting a superstar.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well Fluke was saying that he is a Top back he was touted to be and statistically he kinda was. So when people say he is a fluke means that he is nothing really special and average at best

Old 11-18-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

But the fact is he is not average at best. It would be very difficult to name 10 RB's that are definitely better than Ryan Grant in this league. And thats with this conversation being extremely premature too.
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

AP, Portis, Barber, Westbrook, Jacobs, Turner, Gore, LT, Lynch, Ronnie Brown, MJD, prolly Addai healthy, id actually take Chris Johnson and Matt Forte over him just like Bush but he is like a wild card

Old 11-18-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
AP, Portis, Barber, Westbrook, Jacobs, Turner, Gore, LT, Lynch, Ronnie Brown, MJD, prolly Addai healthy, id actually take Chris Johnson and Matt Forte over him just like Bush but he is like a wild card
*ahem* you're forgetting a very important and sexy name, but I'll assume you assumed it was assumed he's better than everyone and is obviously better than Grant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Brian Leonard is not a RB he is a god

Old 11-18-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Already proclaiming Forte over him? Talk about premature. How'd he fair against one of the worst rush defenses in the league last week?

they get smoked.