Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
That was hilarious i somehow have never seen that clip before...
haha yeah i love that video...just thought it was worth puttin in here, with everyone talking about anchorman
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anchorman is one of my favorite movies, i can watch it so many times and still laugh.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quantum of Solace was horrible. That is all.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Anchorman is one of my favorite movies, i can watch it so many times and still laugh.
my sophmore year i used to just put it in and listen to it. i wouldnt watch it, but i would just memorize the lines...

thats how i know im lame lol
Old 11-17-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can sit around with my friends and quote Anchorman, Superbad and 40 year old Virgin all day, and have a great time doing it. When I go into those films, I'm not expecting to be blown away with clever dialogue and deep character development, I just want an enjoyable film. Now, of course there is a difference between straight stupidity and unoriginal humor (ex. any film involving Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer) and those other films I mentioned earlier.

I love my Judd Apatow films as much as I love Wes Anderson's films, just different movies for different moods.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Role Models and I really was not all that impressed with it. Somewhat enjoyable and Rudd was pretty decent but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:13 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw QOS and Role Models back to back on Saturday. Both were entertaining, neither were anything special.

The directing in QOS is soooooooooo bad. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on during the chase scenes, the director thought shaking the camera uncontrollably and using 65 different camera angles would add something.

And I got annoyed of Ronnie in Role Models by the end. They just had too many vulgar jokes for him and I think pretty much everybody was sick of the kid by the end of the movie.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Anchorman is so incredibly overrated its frustrating. The movie has some definite laugh out loud moments, but the humour is so incredibly stupid and Will Ferrell is playing the same dumb jackass that he plays in all those sports movies just bothers me. I mean, sure, if thats the kind of humour oyu want, by all means, let it rot your brain, I personally prefer a little more intelligence in my humour.

Superbad was incredibly overhyped and got by on making jokes that no one else would make. It appealed hugely to the teen/early 20's crowd, but once again, no intelligent humour there whatsoever. I mean it isnt bad, and if your drunk watching it then yeah its good for some laughs, but it certainly wasnt the bust your balls laughing comedy it was made out to be. Superbad was an American Pie clone that just upped the swearing.

And there are SO many comedies out there better then either of them.
Super bad yes over rated. Anchorman was hilarous. The only movie no matter what i can say a line from and anyone near me will be able to say one back. The first time i watched that movie i played it again as soon as it ended. I find stupid humor funny just because of how different it is, now that by no means is saying i enjoy the scary movies, Date movies etc... I just think anchorman did it much better then those other movies did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Saw QOS and Role Models back to back on Saturday. Both were entertaining, neither were anything special.

The directing in QOS is soooooooooo bad. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on during the chase scenes, the director thought shaking the camera uncontrollably and using 65 different camera angles would add something.

And I got annoyed of Ronnie in Role Models by the end. They just had too many vulgar jokes for him and I think pretty much everybody was sick of the kid by the end of the movie
He was WAY funnier then Christopher Mintz-Plasse...his stupid ******* lisp was the most annoying thing about that movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
He was WAY funnier then Christopher Mintz-Plasse...his stupid ******* lisp was the most annoying thing about that movie.
McLovin was ok. I didn't really have a problem with his voice.

Ronnie was funny as hell right away and then just faded for me.

Decent movie... I'm not gonna buy it but I laughed and was entertained.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ronnie in the movie but Mclovin was really annoying.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy stupid humor, but there is a point when it gets to be too stupid.

Zack & Miri >>> Role Models
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post

Im trying to make sense of this, but i cant...

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I get what you're saying, but Role Models left me so much more satisfied. Honestly, Zach & Miri really was disappointing to me and maybe that is why I am so harsh on it. I've mentioned earlier my qualms about Zach & Miri and I think that they had a great concept, but didn't execute it that well.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I get what you're saying, but Role Models left me so much more satisfied. Honestly, Zach & Miri really was disappointing to me and maybe that is why I am so harsh on it. I've mentioned earlier my qualms about Zach & Miri and I think that they had a great concept, but didn't execute it that well.
I disagree completly. That is how I felt about Role Models.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Daredevil yesterday and I wish they'd do a revamp of Daredevil like they did with the Hulk. He's such a good character
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Im trying to make sense of this, but i cant...
I can tolerate movies like Anchorman and Superbad, but they are certainly not my favorites. Movies like Date Movie and that whole series just makes me want to spoon out my eyes. At least movies like Anchorman make some sense and have a reasonable plot, whereas Date Movie and the like are completely wetawded.

Last edited by hobbes2053 : 11-17-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

On a better note, I don't know how it took me so long to see The Professional, but I just saw it this weekend. WOW, what an amazing movie. Talk about amazing acting by a 14 year-old because Natalie Portman may have done one of the best child actings I've ever seen.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On a better note, I don't know how it took me so long to see The Professional, but I just saw it this weekend. WOW, what an amazing movie. Talk about amazing acting by a 14 year-old because Natalie Portman may have done one of the best child actings I've ever seen.
Gary Oldman > Everyone else in that movie. He has to be one of the top villains of all time.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Gary Oldman > Everyone else in that movie. He has to be one of the top villains of all time.
Drexl Spivy FTW!
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I watched Daredevil yesterday and I wish they'd do a revamp of Daredevil like they did with the Hulk. He's such a good character
Not to mention he was played by Ben Affleck.

Quote:
Natalie Portman is a goddess.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Not to mention he was played by Ben Affleck.

Natalie Portman is a goddess.
I blame the director. Ben Affleck is such an underated actor.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm with you on blaming the director, but I also don't think that Affleck is the best choice for a superhero role. I like him and all, it's just not the perfect fit.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ben Affleck? no thank you!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Ben Affleck? no thank you!
But Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.