Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-17-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I watched Daredevil yesterday and I wish they'd do a revamp of Daredevil like they did with the Hulk. He's such a good character
Watch the directors cut of daredevil. It isnt nearly as bad as the theatrical release. As a former comic *****, Daredevil is one of the most badass characters around. Last I heard, Marvel had regained his rights and they are talking about rebooting the franchise. In fact, hes supposed to be in the new Hulk movie, swinging through the smoke in the Hulk vs. Abomination fight at the end. Check imdb trivia for the movie for more on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Gary Oldman > Everyone else in that movie. He has to be one of the top villains of all time.

Easily a top 3 villain performance of all time for me. Easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new Punisher movie looks so stupid.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
really? havent seen it yet...but thats too bad because i really liked the first one.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Letting thomas jane walk away from the franchise was literally the worst possible thing they could have done...Tommy Jane is badass
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Gary Oldman > Everyone else in that movie. He has to be one of the top villains of all time.
Maybe it just hasn't hit me much, but he was awesome in it. I still see Hans Gruber as the greatest villain of all-time. Alan Rickman FTW!!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And everyone, I'm partially to fault for the Daredevil movie sucking so bad. I was a part of a screen test for it and I was young and naive and I said I enjoyed it. Sorry everyone. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, I liked the first one. They chose the correct actor to play the Punisher and the movie had a good feel.

The new one looks rediculous.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its like gonzo has an echo

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

The first Punisher really wasn't that good. This one looked horrible in the first trailer, awesome in the 2nd and thank God they are leaving it "R" rated. If it was PG-13 like they were thinking of doing, it would be God awful is my guess.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I like about this new Punisher movie is that it has a real villian in Jigsaw. The first movie completely made up villians just for the movie it seems like
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Just saw Z&M and i really enjoyed it. I think id rate it about equal to Role Models. Both were fun watches but i didnt think they were anything out of this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
On a better note, I don't know how it took me so long to see The Professional, but I just saw it this weekend. WOW, what an amazing movie. Talk about amazing acting by a 14 year-old because Natalie Portman may have done one of the best child actings I've ever seen.
One of the best action sequences in any movie was made in that movie. Jean Russo looked unstoppable in that scene, and it was truly a remarkable film. First time I watched it, much younger and only focused on the shoot em up and blow it up aspect. Second go around, you see the emotional connection a lot more between Matilda and Leon.

BTW, what about Michael Corleone as the best villain? Its definitely an ambiguous villain, as you can love him as well as loathe him. Also, I think Keyser Soze should be an honorable mention into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The professional is an awesome movie but for some reason is digustingly overrated on IMDB.

Anyway, I think it would be an awesome idea to do a sequel starring one grown up, Natalie Portman. That would be pretty sweet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
One of the best action sequences in any movie was made in that movie. Jean Russo looked unstoppable in that scene, and it was truly a remarkable film. First time I watched it, much younger and only focused on the shoot em up and blow it up aspect. Second go around, you see the emotional connection a lot more between Matilda and Leon.

BTW, what about Michael Corleone as the best villain? Its definitely an ambiguous villain, as you can love him as well as loathe him. Also, I think Keyser Soze should be an honorable mention into this
Hannibal Lector, Darth Vader, Stansfield, The Joker, Keyser Soze would probably round out my top 5.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The professional is an awesome movie but for some reason is digustingly overrated on IMDB.

Anyway, I think it would be an awesome idea to do a sequel starring one grown up, Natalie Portman. That would be pretty sweet.
Nah, I think thats a movie that you leave alone, don't touch it cause it will never come close to the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love it...you have a great actress who can actually re-visit a character that she played some 10+ years ago. He taught her everything he knew...i think it could be pretty BA.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I would love it...you have a great actress who can actually re-visit a character that she played some 10+ years ago. He taught her everything he knew...i think it could be pretty BA.
No, it is a cool idea but I would hope they would leave the movie alone. It is great on it's own merits. Plus, I want hollywood to do new original movies and less sequels. Especially those from a decade + in the past.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Hannibal Lector, Darth Vader, Stansfield, The Joker, Keyser Soze would probably round out my top 5.
after the dark knight the joker is by far my new favorite villian.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
after the dark knight the joker is by far my new favorite villian.
Im sure he is your favourite, but I think respect has to be given to the big boys on this one: Heath was great, but Im not sure im ready to put him on that "iconic" level of villain like Lector and Vader. Stansfield wasnt so much epic as he was just downright scary, and it was an incredible performance. That was one thing about TDK that bothered me: I understand it was a fantastic performance, but performances like Oldman put on in Leon were just as good. And as far as Keyser Soze goes, while, he inspired his own bit of slang, as "pulling a Keyser Soze" is a saying. Dunno, just my opinion, I love the Joker too, but there are more iconic villains out there.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Hannible was good, Anthony Hopkins is one of my favorites actors...definately leaves me impressed after every film. Dont know the guys name but the guy who played Hannible in the original Manhunter was very good as well.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leger's Joker is a pretty unique situation. All those other villians were the only representations of that character, or at least the first. Heath Ledger gave one of the more interesting and dynamic presentations of a character that's been around since 1940. He's changed the character irrevocably.

On top of that, Lector and Vader got multiple movies.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Leger's Joker is a pretty unique situation. All those other villians were the only representations of that character, or at least the first. Heath Ledger gave one of the more interesting and dynamic presentations of a character that's been around since 1940. He's changed the character irrevocably.

On top of that, Lector and Vader got multiple movies.
very true i really would have loved to see Ledger do an encore of the Joker because i think his role was great.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nurse Ratchet.

The baddie from T2.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Letting thomas jane walk away from the franchise was literally the worst possible thing they could have done...Tommy Jane is badass

Ray Stevenson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thomas Jane

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas Jane is from my hometown
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote