Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
////// thread.

There's great players and there's busts. Thats it. The great players do all the work and carry the other guys on their back. The other guys are busts.
No in football it takes 11 players to be succesful. It is not the NBA where one or two great players can carry your team.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good post. Too many people want instant success from players, there's nothing wrong with sitting even a first rounder for a year to develop.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
////// thread.

There's great players and there's busts. Thats it. The great players do all the work and carry the other guys on their back. The other guys are busts.
if everyone was a bust, they'd all be playing as bad as... mandarich did... but then again, look at what mandarich did in his second NFL stint... he played unremarkable, but he was up to par with being an NFL lineman.

bust. yeah. sure. i'll grant you that, he never lived up to being anything great as dictated by his position in the draft, and he failed out of football the first time. that's a bust. the fact that he was able to return to football though shows some tenacity.

but, overall, if you're a bust, you won't make it into a starting lineup. if you were projected to make it to first team, and you don't, you're a bust. if you do and you're severely subpar, but only starting because you're better than the replacement player. and it's been a few years (normally 3-4 years)... with no sign of improvement. you're a bust.

that's why mandarich is called a bust. cedric benson is a bust. someone like Mike Mamula is a bust. by your logic. right now. edge is a bust. because he's not a 'great' player. and i think that's farther from the truth than could be.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people don't take into account that you can shed the bust label. You also can get it put on you. Like Kam Wimbley is flirting with right now. Not saying he is, but thats what I have been hearing.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We all know Vernon Gholston is a bust..... He has a whopping 10 tackles this year..... Can't get off a block for his life! Well he still has a chance to be something, Lawerance Taylor is going to mentor him. So hopefully he turns it around. But he looks like a bust. And if anyone says its because he is playing OLB you are wrong! He plays DE a lot of the time, was getting lots of playing time on passing downs as a pass rusher. Couldn't do anything so they gave him less playing time.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
We all know Vernon Gholston is a bust..... He has a whopping 10 tackles this year..... Can't get off a block for his life! Well he still has a chance to be something, Lawerance Taylor is going to mentor him. So hopefully he turns it around. But he looks like a bust. And if anyone says its because he is playing OLB you are wrong! He plays DE a lot of the time, was getting lots of playing time on passing downs as a pass rusher. Couldn't do anything so they gave him less playing time.
They have dropped him back in coverage a lot this year. They haven't used as rusher that much this year.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
They have dropped him back in coverage a lot this year. They haven't used as rusher that much this year.
Yes they have..... You just don't notice it because he gets stop at the line and can't create any pressure. The dude has no moves to disengage off of a defender. He just hugs the OL.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well they said if he gets great coaching he could develop into a very good player. He is still raw and needs some time. Calling him a bust right now is ridiculous.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote