Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-14-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My point is that if Booty showed so much promise coming from a pro style offense, why wouldn't he get the nod over Gus when Jackson was replaced. It would be different if Jackson had just remained the starter.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually Cassell is not that bad of an idea.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Thoughts about bringing Matt Cassell in the offseason?
I havent seen enough games of his to really be sure how much is him and how much is the scheme and other factors. Also, you know he is going to expect starter's cash. I think we all agree that taking someone in the 4th or so is a good idea but the whole approach kind of depends on whether Alex is willing to come back at reduced salary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
My point is that if Booty showed so much promise coming from a pro style offense, why wouldn't he get the nod over Gus when Jackson was replaced. It would be different if Jackson had just remained the starter.
He's a rookie and Childress is an idiot. I wouldnt read too much into it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel was pretty damn good last night in a losing effort. He was 30/51 (59%) for 400 yards and 3 TD's. No interceptions and no turnovers despite passing 51 times and having no running game and a defense that has declined.

Overall, Cassel is 208/316 (65.8%) for 2200 yards with 10 TD's and 7 INT's. He has fumbled 4 times and lost two of them but I think that if Belichick just lets him play like he did last night, he'll do much better. In other words, take the damn chain off and let him play.

I personally think that NE will franchise him and then trade him. I obviously wouldnt give up draft picks plus a huge contract. No way. If he becomes an UFA, I wouldnt mind going after him depending on what happens with Smith. If Smith is getting a lot of money next season, I would probably take a chance on Cassel if the price is right but I wouldnt make the same mistake twice and overpay him (like we did with Smith) and still have no QB.

Right now, it looks like Hill and Smith with us signing a veteran backup. Personally, I like Hill and think that it's his job to lose. I said it a year ago, he's the best QB we have and all he needs is an OC and a HC who arent going to be trying to one up each other and he'll be fine.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold on Cassel as a legitimate NFL playoff contending QB. The Patriots have an excellent team around him, and while he's improving, he still isn't blowing me away with his play at all. He hasn't been accurate with the deep ball consistently either...though the Niners made him look amazing on that play against us by our DBs tackling each other. :(

How hard is it to drop off short passes to Welker, (who YAC'd Cassel a ton of those yards) and bomb it out Randy Moss? Not very. Most QBs could accomplish decent numbers with those kind of weapons and line.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-14-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sold on Cassel as a legitimate NFL playoff contending QB. The Patriots have an excellent team around him, and while he's improving, he still isn't blowing me away with his play at all. He hasn't been accurate with the deep ball consistently either...though the Niners made him look amazing on that play against us by our DBs tackling each other. :(

How hard is it to drop off short passes to Welker, (who YAC'd Cassel a ton of those yards) and bomb it out Randy Moss? Not very. Most QBs could accomplish decent numbers with those kind of weapons and line.
Dont forget, he got to sit and learn.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Booty didnt really do the things he should have though. he had some great weapons to work with and still under achieved

on the other hand i think that Sanchez is using those weapons very well. He has a much better arm than Booty does and he can make all of the NFL throws. Hes a great leader and his teammates follow him.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Sanchez is a way better leader than Booty. Also the only weapon that Booty really utilized was Fred Davis. Whether that was the WR's being inconsistant or what I don't know. Sanchez has gotton more out of the same group of weapons minus Davis and a worse offensive line.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

From what I've seen, Booty and Sanchez have a similar level of talent, but I'm not as huge a USC fan as some of you, so I'll take your word for it.

Booty was taken in the 5th Round. Sanchez maybe projects to a 3rd Round pick?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
From what I've seen, Booty and Sanchez have a similar level of talent, but I'm not as huge a USC fan as some of you, so I'll take your word for it.

Booty was taken in the 5th Round. Sanchez maybe projects to a 3rd Round pick?
He has top 10 talent man.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
He has top 10 talent man.
The difference between Booty's and Sanchez's arm strength is ridiculous! i kid you not.

Hes coming from a pro style offense that forces him to make reads plus he has an NFL arm which in my opinion neither Booty or even Leinart had.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I would like Sanchez to stay another year. I think it would be best for his development.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I would like Sanchez to stay another year. I think it would be best for his development.
there is no doubt that it would help him. i have no doubt in my mind he would be a first rounder this year but i think if he works on his game for another year and puts up the same or better stats next year he would be a top 10 lock.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I just want him to come out this year so the Niners have him now.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I wouldn't want him this year.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

If he's the guy, then he should wait another year in college and then come out. He would be just holding a clipboard or getting his brains beat in. He might as well run a pro style offense with success another year. He may be a first round talent, but I'm not feeling the Top 10 at this point.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
If he's the guy, then he should wait another year in college and then come out. He would be just holding a clipboard or getting his brains beat in. He might as well run a pro style offense with success another year. He may be a first round talent, but I'm not feeling the Top 10 at this point.
If he waits a year, he could easily be the #2 QB behind Bradford (who I dont think is coming out).

Old 11-15-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If he waits a year, he could easily be the #2 QB behind Bradford (who I dont think is coming out).
now if you had the choice between the 2 next year which one would you want? Bradford or Sanchez?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I like Bradford more at this point.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Sanchez has some growing up to do. But if he can do that, I'd love him under center.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Looks like we'll be picking somewhere in the top 10..

-Draft Brian Orakpo (Switch to 4-3 Defense)

Smith-Balmer-Soap-Orakpo

Spikes/Willis/Lawson

Clements/Goldson or Smith/M. Lewis/Rookie CB or FA Pickup

Then draft a quarterback late in the first day to compete with Smith and Veteran QB..

As much as I hate to say it this season is over.. We have a very tough schedule and I'll be surprised if we win more then 5 games this year..

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need a pass rusher badly. And since it is unlikely Suggs/Peppers hit the market, I want Okrapo/Hardy/Selvie with our 1st pick. Don't care if we run the 3-4 or 4-3, we need someone who can put pressure on opposing QB's constantly. Haralson is our best pass rusher and yesterday he recorded his 4th sack. Pathetic!
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

The more film I have watched on the team. The more I agree with some of you that Staley needs to go back to RT and the Niners need to take Oher to play left.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

If we get Oher, which I don't believe we will cause our record won't land us a Top 5 pick, I believe Staley should go back to being a RT. If we get another OT later in the Draft, it will depend on that skillset to determine who pays where. Oher is a natural LT, whereas Staley would be just as comfortable at RT.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
If we get Oher, which I don't believe we will cause our record won't land us a Top 5 pick, I believe Staley should go back to being a RT. If we get another OT later in the Draft, it will depend on that skillset to determine who pays where. Oher is a natural LT, whereas Staley would be just as comfortable at RT.
Staley will be a very solid starter at LT. At RT though he will be one of the best in the NFL.