Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-16-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Game 10: Denver-24, Atlanta-20

Well, well. I didn't expect to win this one, but it was certainly no fluke.

Our rookie LB's (Larsen, Woodyard) did a decent job. I wouldn't give Webster back his starting spot... keep it to one undisciplined freelancer (see Winborn, J) on the field at a time, please.

It would be nice if we could stop opposing TE's, but with the worst safety in the league on our team (Manuel) we can expect that kind of abuse on a regular basis.

The running game stepped up toward the end of the game. Hillis, Pope and Bell all had some nice gains. It may not be flashy, but if we can get that much of a ground game each week the offense will be very effective.

... oh, yeah, and the passing game is just ridiculous. I'd hate to be a DC trying to scheme against it.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow great game. Your defense really surprised me, especially against the run. Cutler was clutch and he outbeat Matt Ryan today. Your LBers were amazing, all of them. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Wow great game. Your defense really surprised me, especially against the run. Cutler was clutch and he outbeat Matt Ryan today. Good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks, bro. I think we're all surprised by the D - a lot of Broncos fans have been calling for the rookies to play more (considering how bad some of our starters are), but this is a better result that most would've expected.

It's easy to forget Ryan is a rookie. He's damn impressive out there. That being said, he shouldn't be put in a position where he has to outplay Cutler. He did well enough, but the ground game and WR's needed to give him a little more help.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, what a game, a HUGE win and I thought we would get worked over by their running game. If the D continues to get better, and we play like this consistently, they might be able to win a playoff game. Big if though.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm suprised we lost, but you guys played well and we played sloppy. We didn't deserve a win.

Although, I really wish Roddy would have caught that ball at the end.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
didn't get to see it, but the report i read made it sound like kind of a fluke-y win (as in, a game we probably shouldn't have won). from the sound of it, that wasn't the case? great to hear that larsen was terrific, although i'm curious if he was really that good, or if he was that good because the other crap we've been playing is that bad.

also, dan graham? he actually held onto the ball?

further, from watching earlier in the season and from the sound of it today, our safeties have sucked possibly more than any other position. all prospects being equal, is there any question that we should draft a safety in the first round? i still smell a late season collapse, but getting into the playoffs might put us in a good spot to pick up mays (from what i've seen) or moore if we get lucky.
Woodyard IMO made a much bigger impact on the D from what I saw. Larsen had a hell of a game don't get be wrong, but Woodyard was really the stud out there. Even Winborn had a good game, I just wish he's stop celebrating after every play. He literally tackled Turner after a 16yrd run and he got up and started yapping and celebrating it's really quite ridiculous.

I do not for one second buy any nonsense that says the Falcons lost the game, instead of the Broncos winning it. The defense actually looked formidable today, and honestly it was the offense that looked like they might blow the game for us. If the defense can play like they did today for the rest of the year, we are without question playoff contenders. And like you said, I don't think any team really would want a piece of Denver with the potential offense we can put up.

Manuel always seems to be around the ball making tackles, granted they are 12 yards down the field,( I call it the Chukwurah effect aka always around the plays but never actually makes any ) Manuel actually was beaten twice in coverage, once by Finneran, and Ryan over threw him, and then again on the 2nd to last Falcons offensive play, where White, I don't really think it's fair to say he dropped it, but he couldn't make the play, it would of been one hell of a catch to stay in bounds. Lowry from as far as I could tell is not very good. with the influx of rookies so far on the D, might as well give Barrett a shot. He couldn't be much worse then Lowry
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During any close game, the losing team will point to their players not being able to perform up to par, while the team who wins will point to their players stepping up and having great games. Thats just how it goes.

Good game today. It would have been so much more exciting (for us) if White cause that ball at the end. That would have made my week. Oh well though.

The Broncos defense really stepped up big time. They had a great defensive gameplan coming into the game and executed it very well. As for the Denver offense, damn. Jay Cutler is ridiculously hard to sack (though I do think Clady held Abraham a ton). He has total control of the pocket and knows exactly where to go, how quickly to get there. The fact that he has an amazing arm and can make all the throws on the run must drive defensive coordinators absolutely nuts. And the sub par running game really benefits from teams (at least, the Falcons) being afraid of that pass and bootleg. Imagine if the Broncos could get a half decent RB, or at least a non injured one.

Now just do us a favor and finish your sweep of the might NFCS by beating the Panthers.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I liked a lot about the defensive gameplan was the fact Dumervil was really brought in on situational pass rushes, which I think is where he needs to be because he just gets worked over on running plays.
Moss keeps getting better too, and hopefully he can become a legitamite starting DE in the league.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
What I liked a lot about the defensive gameplan was the fact Dumervil was really brought in on situational pass rushes, which I think is where he needs to be because he just gets worked over on running plays.
Absolutely. He may be a fine pass rusher, but I'm pleased that the coaching staff finally realized he's not an every down player. Hopefully this is an area we can address in the draft... a solid DE who can play the run & pass would be a great addition to the team.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Tim Crowder?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote