Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-18-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Wine in can is a fun one too.
Haven't tried that yet. But yeah, don't judge a beverage by it's package. You put your favorite beer in a can, it's still your favorite beer and it'll stay fresher much longer.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ever had it in colorado? as far as i can taste, it travels REALLY poorly. that's not to say it's the greatest thing ever here either, but it is substantially better.
Ya I had it in Snort Collins. Just not a big fan of it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Haven't tried that yet. But yeah, don't judge a beverage by it's package. You put your favorite beer in a can, it's still your favorite beer and it'll stay fresher much longer.
It's not hard to find around wine country in California. A lot of wineries in recent years have started trying other methods than corked bottles. Some have switched to screw-on-cap bottles because it can produce a better air seal; same could be said about a sealed can.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not hard to find around wine country in California. A lot of wineries in recent years have started trying other methods than corked bottles. Some have switched to screw-on-cap bottles because it can produce a better air seal; same could be said about a sealed can.
There was also a problem about the amount of cork Europe was producing.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Not all boxed wines are nasty. Wish more came that way, as it's a far superior vessel. Like cans are for beer.
Boxed wines can be fantastic, they're able to be stored for 3+ weeks without oxidation after opening. Only negative is it's near impossible to age them.

As far as beer i'd say it's a pretty true statement as far as lagers go. The only negative with cans is they still have a little aluminum slickness and taste. Ales are better off in glass imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
There was also a problem about the amount of cork Europe was producing.
And there always has been. Cork is a 20 year process (like high end scotches). Meaning, 20 years ago. No one was expecting a boom of wine and beer sales like now... So. Once they plant a cork tree, it takes 20 years to maturate into a first cutting... mind you you can't plant a cork tree anywhere... basically the only places that have the climate are: portugal, spain, Morocco, sardinia, parts of greece, turkey, and california.

The shortage has lead to worse cork quality than before and higher prices...

Screwtops though are the way to go. Without fail, on wine that is meant to be drunk within the year, it's the only way that it should be exported

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
As far as beer I'd say it's a pretty true statement as far as lagers go. The only negative with cans is they still have a little aluminum slickness and taste. Ales are better off in glass imo.
The only way you should be getting any aluminum taste is if you're drinking directly from the can. Modern cans are lined so that the beer does not come in contact with the aluminum. And I don't see how it'd make a difference if it were a lager vs an ale. Because it wouldn't. If anything, the cleaner flavor of most lagers would be more susceptible to pick up the subtle flavor change if it were exposed to the aluminum.

Rather than worrying about a phantom aluminum taste, I'd be worried about the lack of freshness that bottles provide. A 6 month old IPA is a completely different beer out of the bottle. A misrepresentation of what the brewer intended. Sadly, most stores don't turn their craft beer fast enough to avoid these drastic degradations. You may prefer your ales from a glass bottle, but the can is a far superior vessel.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like almost everything out of glass better.

Anyone been drinking Christmas ales yet? I had Bell's tonight,I enjoyed it for the most part.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I had a cask aged cherry beer last night at the brewhouse. Supposedly it won a a bunch of awards. I didn't like it.

However, I found Bell's on tap. Yippie.

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Anyone been drinking Christmas ales yet?
This came out on election night:

If any of you see it at a store, grab a 6 pack, it's wonderful.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Next time I'm in Texas I'll nab a sixer. Don't have that stuff around these parts.

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Next time I'm in Texas I'll nab a sixer. Don't have that stuff around these parts.
they do down here (chicago).

Old 11-20-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
they do down here (chicago).
I'm in the beerIron age up here. Most good beers are local.

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm in the beerIron age up here. Most good beers are local.
You don't have diversity though. Noob.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You don't have diversity though. Noob.
Last two night i've had...
Bells two hearted ale
Cherry Grande Cru Barrel aged belgian grande cru
Tedkoppelbock ( my favorite name for a beer ever)
4th and long ( american style wheat lager, so good)
El nino double hopped IPA
Kamloops Kolsch
Herbst German lager (Vienna lager)
All locally brewed( aside from bells) and on tap.

How's that for diversity, noob?

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Last two night i've had...
Bells two hearted ale
Cherry Grande Cru Barrel aged belgian grande cru
Tedkoppelbock ( my favorite name for a beer ever)
4th and long ( american style wheat lager, so good)
El nino double hopped IPA
Kamloops Kolsch
Herbst German lager (Vienna lager)
All locally brewed( aside from bells) and on tap.

How's that for diversity, noob?
the fact that they're locally brewed and not nationally or internationally brewed.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

The guys who know them are brew masters from around the country/world I believe, they bring the diversity to the table. That's just one brewery too. It's not like I never drink imported beers either, I drink Becks all the time. :)

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
The guys who know them are brew masters from around the country/world I believe, they bring the diversity to the table. That's just one brewery too. It's not like I never drink imported beers either, I drink Becks all the time. :)
you drink becks? brah?

Old 11-20-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
you drink becks? brah?
"Und, Und Becks? Ya Becks!"

Ever see it?

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
you drink becks? brah?
at least he isnt drinking Keystone/Miller Lite/Milwaukee Beast

Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
at least he isnt drinking Keystone/Miller Lite/Milwaukee Beast
or heiniken

Old 11-20-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or heiniken
You could bounce a quarter off my heiny!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
or heiniken
or Tecate or any brand you see in a gas station that only comes in 32 oz cans.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I DON"T drink freaking Becks. It's from Beerfest Damnit.

Und becks.

they get smoked.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I DON"T drink freaking Becks. It's from Beerfest Damnit.

Und becks.
"....GODDAMN BREWERY!" [hurls trophy]

Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
or Tecate or any brand you see in a gas station that only comes in 32 oz cans.
i can actually drink tecate. or modelo