Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-04-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
BC88
Veteran

BC88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

D-Wade

Props to Xonraider for the Sig
BC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron's team has been inconsistent. They're playing great right now, but a small streak isn't going to help him get the MVP. They made the playoffs, whoop-dee-doo (btw, it's in the pathetically weak Eastern Conference). Remember, LeBron was being harshly criticized for about a 10-15 game stretch of allowing his team to lose or stinking it up in the fourth. Doing great for a mere 5-10 games cannot and should not swing the MVP vote in your favor.

My two candidates are Nash or Kobe. Sure, the Suns haven't been as good this year as last year, but what kind of argument is that??? So if Duncan lost Tony Parker and his team didn't do as great, should Duncan be penalized? Hell no! Losing a great player on your team and having a worse record is understandable. Basketball is a team game... Nash has still led his team to the 2nd seed.

Also, Kobe is playing on a worse team than LeBron (the cavs are actually a good team people... ) and still led his team to a western conference playoff birth.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Nelo Ice
Rookie

Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.Nelo Ice is so money.

kobe i was at his the game when he scored 81 and thats mvp worthy to me
i am a lakers fan though... :D
Nelo Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:28 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you watch the Lakers? DO you see how often Kobe passes the ball? All the time. Every time a teamate gets theball they'll throw it to a double teamed Kobe instead of taking the open Jumper.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:10 AM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean May.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
Do you watch the Lakers? DO you see how often Kobe passes the ball? All the time. Every time a teamate gets theball they'll throw it to a double teamed Kobe instead of taking the open Jumper.
Not to mention Kobe is a top Defender in the league too.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:07 AM    (permalink
Vespasian
Veteran

Vespasian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna go with my fellow Canadian, Steve Nash.

Sig by Raiderfan_89
Vespasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
My two candidates are Nash or Kobe. Sure, the Suns haven't been as good this year as last year, but what kind of argument is that??? So if Duncan lost Tony Parker and his team didn't do as great, should Duncan be penalized? Hell no! Losing a great player on your team and having a worse record is understandable. Basketball is a team game... Nash has still led his team to the 2nd seed.

Also, Kobe is playing on a worse team than LeBron (the cavs are actually a good team people... ) and still led his team to a western conference playoff birth.
So you wont penalize a guy for loosing a player, but you will praise them for not having a good player to help out? Doesnt work like that.

Your reasoning is alittle off, and your opinions seem really bias. Thank god this award is up to knowledgable people to pick.

Otherwise anyone that scores over 30 points on a horrible team would win it.

"Sure the suns havent been good, but what kind of arguement is that?"
-well if you lose a key player, and all the sudden your team isnt as good, you start to wonder if Nash is the one responsible for them being great last year.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink

This is why Lebron is MVP, just watch this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...lebron&pl=true

funny stuff though.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
paladin
Rookie

paladin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is the easiest question to answer this season. Kobe.

The Lakers with Phil Jackson only could get them about 10 wins this season. Kobe had to carry them the rest of the way. Can anyone else on the Lakers carry this team the way Kobe has?

Imagine the Lakers with Phil Jackson but without Kobe. What do you get - this season's Knicks with Larry Brown.

Disclaimer - I'm not putting all of the blame on LB, most of that deservedly goes to the ownership and management groups of the team. But Larry Brown hasn't really gotten much out of what he has - and that's the responisbility of the coach.

Just catch the ball...
paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
Quote:

So you wont penalize a guy for loosing a player, but you will praise them for not having a good player to help out? Doesnt work like that.

Your reasoning is alittle off, and your opinions seem really bias. Thank god this award is up to knowledgable people to pick.

Otherwise anyone that scores over 30 points on a horrible team would win it.

"Sure the suns havent been good, but what kind of arguement is that?"
-well if you lose a key player, and all the sudden your team isnt as good, you start to wonder if Nash is the one responsible for them being great last year.
How am I being biased? You're the obvious one who's biased mr. "Cleveland 31"... you're evidently looking for Lebron votes and oppose anyone who doesn't see that same way.

Please read my post with objectivity before accusing me of being unknowledgeable. Also, when quoting me, quote me right. I said the Suns aren't as good w/o Amare. I DID NOT say that the Suns are NOT good... I said not AS good... quote me with right next time, k? By the way, while the SUns may not be AS good, with a whole new offensive makeup, Nash has led his team to 2nd place in the conference (western i might add), with 50+ wins. So, Nash losing Amare and his team being not as good by like 5 games, while Lebron loses Hughes and all the Cavs fans can only whine and point to LeBron's stats and a playoff birht (FINALLY IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE). Also, don't try to say that it's enough to win the MVP award for Leborn with his stats and recent streak all the same while connoting that Nash isn't the true MVP b/c his team isn't as great as last year's team without Amare.

Quote:
Think a little before making this comment. Kobe, on a team with basically NO help (an inconsistent Lamar Odom and an average teammate in Paker) has led his team to a 40-35 record in the West for a 7th seed placing currently. Put him in the east, and his team easily makes it to 45-50 wins.

I'm not taking anything away from Lebron man. I know he's a great great player with great great stats. But, it's not his turn for the MVP. He has more hype than anyone in the NBA, but he's not the most deserving for the MVP. He's had an amazing stretch recently, but you can't swing the MVP in favor of him because of that ONE streak. I recall him getting booed by the Cleveland fans just about a month or so before the streak?

You have a player in Kobe who not only is an offensive machine who can make the shots of highest degree of difficulty, but plays great defense as well. When you play the Lakers you gameplan only for Kobe. When you gameplan for the Cavs, your focus is Lebron, but you must account for Ilgauskus (all star quality), Damon Jones (consistent 3 threat), good solid players in Drew Gooden, Marshall, and Murray.

Thank god we don't have people of great bias deciding the MVP either :roll:

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink

Quote:
How am I being biased? You're the obvious one who's biased mr. "Cleveland 31"... you're evidently looking for Lebron votes and oppose anyone who doesn't see that same way.
Your an Idiot.

I voted for Steve Nash, and said in an earlier post, he was my favorite to win.

I love Lebron like most other people, but if the NBA didnt want high schools in there league, why would they give a 21 year old MVP???

Lebron has the next 15 years to win the award and is not yet a finished product.

He needs to practice his free throws, dribbling in traffic, deffense and others to name a few before hes the league MVP.

The arguement was, he is the only player toehr than Oscar Robertson, Jordan, and one other (forget who) to EVER avaerage 30pts, 7rebs, and possibly 7 assist per game.

Fact is he is an MVP no matter if he gets the vote or not. Look what he did in the All Star game, he was even the MVP then over all the top stars for a reason. He outplayed everyone and was most valuable to his team then.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Put him in the east, and his team easily makes it to 45-50 wins.
The Lakers have a loosing record against teams in the east. So how would they go 45-50 wins when looking at that stat?

Do some research and give up on the bogus opinions.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted for lebron james nash has like 10 les points a game and kobe never passes he takes every shot he can
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stevey Wonder!!!

Nash is the team.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Stevey Wonder!!!

Nash is the team.
Yup. Loses the 2nd best player on team. Does better than last year and leads team to playoffs again. Also helped raja bell, marion and diaw to Career years.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink

To Lebrons deffense, he is around 6-8 years younger than all of these people and is allready considered equal to there talents.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Don2118

how can u not say kobe, IAM A KINGS FAN so its hard to say this but look he is carrying this team and lamar odom is running under his wing but without kobe this team would blow
Old 04-08-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
LeBron's team has been inconsistent. They're playing great right now, but a small streak isn't going to help him get the MVP. They made the playoffs, whoop-dee-doo (btw, it's in the pathetically weak Eastern Conference). Remember, LeBron was being harshly criticized for about a 10-15 game stretch of allowing his team to lose or stinking it up in the fourth. Doing great for a mere 5-10 games cannot and should not swing the MVP vote in your favor.

You're too contradictory. The Cavs have the 4th best record in the East. And the are 10.5 games up on the 8th seed in the East. Granted it is the East, but they are in the play-offs by a lot. It's not like they squeeked in as an 8 seed. The Lakers on the other hand are a 7 or 8 seed and barely in the play-offs. Yeah there was 10-15 games where LeBron was criticized for his 4th quarter performances, but there were 77 games in which Kobe was criticized for being selfish. In my mind it's between Nash and LeBron.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Jguarino24
Veteran

Jguarino24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LeBron is not a MVP, Carmelo should get it before him
Old 04-08-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jguarino24
LeBron is not a MVP, Carmelo should get it before him
Leading his team to a worse record and putting up worse stats is better these days?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote