Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-16-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peters has been bad but Dockery is nothing short of average and Brad Butler was horrible when he was healthy. Langston Walker has been the only constant on our line.

Duke Preston and Kirk Chambers are solid as backups but because of Fowler's lack of talent and the injury to Butler and Whittle they've been asked to take bigger roles.

I'm totally open to spending our first two picks on the interior of our line and that's saying a lot because our DE position needs a huge talent infusion this offseason.

Duke Robinson-G Oklahoma
Jon Luigs-C Arkansas
Brandon Williams-DE Texas Tech or Willie VanDesteeg-DE Minnesota

or

Greg Hardy-DE Ole Miss
Jon Luigs-C Arkansas
Brandon Williams-DE Texas Tech or Willie VanDesteeg-DE Minnesota
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That being said I'm still optimistic of our chances but with our divisional record at 0-3 and the Patriots, Jets and Dolphins playing extremely good football our margin of error is pretty small right now.

We need to win our next 4 games against the Browns, 49ers, Chiefs and Dolphins to get back in the thick of things.

If we can do that we'll stand at 9-4 with the Jets, Broncos on the road and then against the Patriots in Week 17 in our building.

With the weather about to get horrible our running game needs to start pulling their weight. I'm looking at you OL.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Edwards comes out the same way he has the last few weeks
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want more Gibran Hamdan
Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there's the beast mode I've come to love
Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

What would everyone think if we pursued Matt Cassell in FA? Trent Edwards has regressed to the point where he's starting to play his way out of Buffalo in my opinion. We likely have excellent scouting on the guy since he plays in the division and he'd be a better player than a rookie.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

will it be heartbreak again for the bills on monday night......phil dawson says yes, let see what we can do here.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
What would everyone think if we pursued Matt Cassell in FA? Trent Edwards has regressed to the point where he's starting to play his way out of Buffalo in my opinion. We likely have excellent scouting on the guy since he plays in the division and he'd be a better player than a rookie.
your crazy if u think cassell is better than trent imo. and i think your crazy if u give up on trent.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
your crazy if u think cassell is better than trent imo. and i think your crazy if u give up on trent.
Agreed and uhm agreed.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Trents only in his 2nd season no reason to give up on him.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

and the season is pushed wide right.......god being a bills fan sucks balls
Old 11-17-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Hurts but I've become so used to this type of stuff.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
He's not really giving us any reason to not doubt him. He's been arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL the last 4 weeks. There comes a point where you have to start thinking about the future or else we'll end up in a situation like Chicago where the QB position is a mess for years. If we want to have any chance of making the playoffs we're going to have to fix this QB problem. Especially considering Marshawn won't be happy seeing 8 man fronts for the indefinate future
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Trents only in his 2nd season no reason to give up on him.
He's really shown no real signs of progression. In fact he's actually managed to regress during his career.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus chirst, Im still a little drunk from the game tonight. Really good game to see live. The first quarter was ******** with three interceptions, but the rest of the game wasn't so bad.

This is the team that the Bills should be, feed the ******* rock to Marshawn all day long. He gets 30 touches and he gets us 170 yards, yeah, I'll take that over Edwards' **** passing. Lee Evans won't be too happy after this game though... he was invisible out there.

It was really ******* annoying though after Edwards' first quarter all he did was check down. On more than one occasion he had Steve Johnson WIDE OPEN on the left side of the field but he checked down every time to Lynch. I'm not complaining because Lynch is money, but I'd take an easy 30 yard gain-walk in touchdown over a 6 yard check down.

I swear to god standing on the left side of the field that kick looked good :(

GO DEEP AT LEAST ONCE!!! Edwards' arm is weak... all hes got is a great release, but ****, captain checkdown? Marshawn had 10 ******* receptions...

Just give the rock to Marshawn for the rest of the year, who gives a ****, let me man earn his incentive bonuses so hes happy and doesn't bail as soon as his contract expires... Maybe that was the line can gain some confidence off of Marshawn's beastliness and Edwards can get some better looks for Evans deep.

I wasn't happy with Edwards getting that touchdown late, Marshawn deserved that score. I hope Edwards gave it to him. Lynch was in full out Beast Mode today because he actually saw a lot of touches today. He can handle 33 touches in my opinion. Maybe not every week, but when your passing attack is this bad... what the hell...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He's really shown no real signs of progression. In fact he's actually managed to regress during his career.
so has the OL. No QB would look good with the shoddy protection he has been getting. Granted some of the throws were terrible, but there arent better options then trent out there imo unless we draft one in the first round, which would be an utter wate imo.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Peters played a great game IMO. He was constantly making holes and getting to the second level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a lot of holes to fill in the off season. QB is NOT one of them. I dont care, we are sticking with Trent.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
There are a lot of holes to fill in the off season. QB is NOT one of them. I dont care, we are sticking with Trent.
Remember that when we go 7-9 again in 2009
Old 11-18-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Remember that when we go 7-9 again in 2009
The only way we would go 7-9 in 2009 is if Trent truely is a bust. We can't label a young QB a bust before his first full season is over. Its not like he was a bust every game of the season. He was one of the biggest keys to victory the first 4 games of the season. During the off season, Trent will gain experience and come back a lot better after playing his first full season.

Don't say this is the same thing we did with Losman. Did Losman led the Bills to a 4-0 start? No. Was he a possible candidate for MVP? No. Did he led the Bills to multiple comeback games? No. Did he have a QB rating like Trent in the beginning of the season? No.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
The only way we would go 7-9 in 2009 is if Trent truely is a bust. We can't label a young QB a bust before his first full season is over. Its not like he was a bust every game of the season. He was one of the biggest keys to victory the first 4 games of the season. During the off season, Trent will gain experience and come back a lot better after playing his first full season.

Don't say this is the same thing we did with Losman. Did Losman led the Bills to a 4-0 start? No. Was he a possible candidate for MVP? No. Did he led the Bills to multiple comeback games? No. Did he have a QB rating like Trent in the beginning of the season? No.
In hindsight we went 4-0 against Seattle, St. Louis, Oakland and Jacksonville. Hardly an impressive list of victories.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Face it, Edwards is going to be our QB next year and probably for the next decade. He's only in his second year and most rookie QB's can take 3 or even 4 years to develop. It took Eli 4 years to become solid so what's the rush on Edwards. Edwards isn't the problem, stopping a Rodgers from getting to him is. Rodgers ate up our OL till the 4th quarter when his lack of conditioning killed him. Our OC looked woeful as a pass blocker.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke Preston is woeful at everything. But Edwards had all kinds of time on most throws on Monday.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Duke Preston is woeful at everything. But Edwards had all kinds of time on most throws on Monday.
His 1st quarter monday was abysmal. There is no way to defend him there. To his credit tho.....he settled down nicely and almost led yet another game winning drive (altho Juaron's conservative approach ruined it). Monday was a bad game for trent and he did have time, I agree. However in the prvios few weeks, the time wasnt there. And as a QB, when u get accostomed to not having time, you automatically become less comfortable and it hurts your game greatly. Anyone willing to throw Trent to the trash heap is absolutely nuts imo. A lot of great QB's were worse than Trent in their second year in the league. We really need to unite behind this guy imo.