Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
haha true. I bet Brett would have caught it and taken it to the house too; if it was an absolutely perfect throw and there was no one around for 30 yards of course.
there is no doubt in my mind that brett would have caught it.

also have no doubt in my mind that he would try to truck someone and they would probably break his back in the process. lol
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
there is no doubt in my mind that brett would have caught it.

also have no doubt in my mind that he would try to truck someone and they would probably break his back in the process. lol
And still not miss a game..

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
And still not miss a game..
haha yeah, i dont get how he does it. hes 40 years old and he still has what it takes to go out and play every week. i swear the guy is going to end up in a wheel chair for the rest of his life lol
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
It is just a matter of time before teams learn to defend it. Vick and the Falcons used the option at the beginning of 2 seasons ago and started the season with a string of 200+ rushing games, and later in the season, defenses figured it out.

Same should go for this. As soon as 1 team figures it out, other teams are going to start copying it.
Actually we just stopped using it.

BTW, the Wildcat is not the same thing as the simple one read college option play. It's much more difficult to stop. And of course you would never run that with your franchise QB because it requires the run up the gut.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
Actually we just stopped using it.

BTW, the Wildcat is not the same thing as the simple one read college option play. It's much more difficult to stop. And of course you would never run that with your franchise QB because it requires the run up the gut.
unless your franchise qb is tim tebow

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
And if you make Tim Tebow your franchise quarterback in the first place, you deserve to be without one.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
If would be stupid to even subject someone as big as Tebow to hits like that on a consistent basis.

If you're going to run that formation you have to use a guy who's a rotation skill position player or at least paid like one.

If you take someone like Pat White at the end of the 1st day It's a great idea. But Tebow is the type of guy who's going to demand 1st round money
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote