Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Why do the Raiders continually ruin player development?

Don't have any reason why they are dead set at playing Michael Bush at FB, but they insist on it:

Quote:
"I kind of don't really want to talk about it or say nothing wrong," Bush waid.. But we did some (fullback) today. There's nothing I can do. I told (Tom Cable) no the first time, you know? I guess it's either I do something or I don't. I don't know. It is what it is. Do I like it? Do I want to play there? Do I think I'm a fullback? No."

Bush has been asked to play fullback more than once. It was first mentioned when Oren O'Neal was hurt in August. The talk picked up more when Justin Griffith went down for the season Oct. 26.

Bush said he's "Never had the kind of mentality to go run into a wall."

Nevertheless, he's going along with the plan.

"I just want people to know what position I play," Bush said. "I'm not a fullback. I think it's a waste of my talent. I'm not trying to be any negative person that don't want to help the team. I'm doing it so they can't say I'm not helping this team. What can you say?"

cont'd
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/017191.html

Apoligies to any Raiders fans, but this is ridiculous, he's already shown he can be a great RB earlier this season and before his injury he was a predicted 1st round RB...I can understand if they are doing it just to help the team, but if you just wanted a lead blocker you should of traded him to the Chargers instead of wasting potential at FB.

Had he ended up in San Diego he would of flourished, now he's just going to rot on that team when they should be finding ways to get the ball to him more for a team that can't find ways to score...It's not just Bush either, Oakland hasn't been effective at developing players in forever, at some point it's got to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I was just notified of these plans. He's in a bad situation as our third string back where it still looks like he can only contribute minimally to the offense especially with McFadden now expected to be back to full health.

If the front office sincerely insists on making this a permanent move you can pretty much forget it as like he pointed out he just doesn't have that mentality. In numerous occasions in training camp would Kiffin attempt to instill some toughness in his running style but that of course failed. He is what he is and that is a fleet-footed big man who adds versatility as both a runner and pass receiver.

That second day pick we would've received from the Chargers would be really useful now. :(
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, even objectively, just from reading those quotes, that sounds like a player who has seriously lost hope.

I freaking wish we had him.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Wow, even objectively, just from reading those quotes, that sounds like a player who has seriously lost hope.

I freaking wish we had him.
Yeah, that's exactly it. I feel for him because he's too talented to be a third stringer or to play the fullback position. He needs a change of scenery bad. I hope we grant him the opportunity to find a new home in the offseason. Sad, sad time to be associated with this dysfunctional franchise.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a pretty bad situation. I really like what Bush showed in limited action. His size might lend itself well to the fullback position, but his skillset doesn't. Just doesn't look like a lead blocker to me. In this is a permanent move, it's going to be a real waste. Could create some matchup problems every now and again, but still not worth it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd reimburse the Raiders with a fourth for him.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Did you seriously as that question?Is it not obvious?

Here it is:
Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Davis is the Freddy Krueger of the NFL. On second thought, Al Davis is Freddy Krueger.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-19-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully no free agents sign with the Raiders and all the rookies refuse to play in Oakland...

and maybe Al will finally realize something is wrong
Old 11-19-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds to me like Michael Bush is just a ***** who is afraid of contact. There's nothing more irritating than a big back who plays soft.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for giving us Tollefson and Boothe. You don't realize it now but it helps us, the Giants out a ton.

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 11-19-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Thanks for giving us Tollefson and Bush. You don't realize it now but it helps us, the Giants out a ton.
http://www.packers.com/draft/2006/davetollefson.phtml

TT biggest mistake for his draft pick. He was beasting it for the Packers before being placed on waivers and taken away.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel really bad for all the Raiders players. The day they're drafted they know they'll never be a winner. It's kinda sad.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor guy, you have to feel for someone who's being forced to do something they don't want to do at all.....
Old 11-19-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
http://www.packers.com/draft/2006/davetollefson.phtml

TT biggest mistake for his draft pick. He was beasting it for the Packers before being placed on waivers and taken away.
He's been pretty good for us. If Osi was still in we wouldn't have seen him as much but he's been a very nice addition to our pass rush. He's going to stick around and will be a key player on our line for he next couple of years. I meant Kevin Boothe not Bush as our other player. He's been a good depth player and came in and played well at RT the other night.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Sounds to me like Michael Bush is just a ***** who is afraid of contact. There's nothing more irritating than a big back who plays soft.
Yes, this kind of pisses me off that he is being such a ***** about it. I'm about 99 percent sure they're not trying to convert him to fullback, but with both Oren O'neal AND Justin Griffith out for the year, we need help extremely bad at this position. Contrast Bush's attitude with the attitude of Earnest Graham, who when BJ Askew was lost to injury, stepped up and volunteered to put in work at fullback. And with McFadden and Fargas healthy, this is the best way for Bush to get some playing time. Bush is weak for not jumping at this opportunity.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I've thought about it they can't really be converting him to a full fledged blocker, this is basically akin to asking him to be the short yardage back, a pounder. At least he'll be getting on the field.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I agree with the sentiment he shouldn't be whining about it even though it's probably not the best use for him or for the team either probably if they're asking him to block.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-20-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would not be the best position for him. At the end of the day though play football and help your team out. Lord knows they need all of it they can get.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
This would not be the best position for him. At the end of the day though play football and help your team out. Lord knows they need all of it they can get.
i agree, hes a very good running back and he will help the team one day with his play there.

but right now it pisses me off that he wont do something that a coach asked him to do. Sure, its not his position but its the simple fact that it might help the team.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love playing in a 3 team division.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Why's he bitchin about it? Step up for the team and play while the guys who usually play FB are injured.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
i love playing in a 3 team division.
Me too :D..... thanks Detriot
Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
but right now it pisses me off that he wont do something that a coach asked him to do. Sure, its not his position but its the simple fact that it might help the team.
That's true, but at the same time, why would you want a guy playing FB who is saying "Never had the kind of mentality to go run into a wall"...Your running game is going to suffer if you have a FB who thinks that way, if don't have a guy who wants to blow everything up you might as well not use anyone because it will end up hurting the team more then anything.

Besides that he's never really had much work at it, he runs like a small back, was drafted as a Rb and worked all this time to finally get healthy enough to come back, he plays a good game earlier now they want him to be a FB so I can sense his frustration...That and he probably knows by now how dysfunctional the Raiders are so even as a player your taking everything they tell you with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Don't have any reason why they are dead set at playing Michael Bush at FB, but they insist on it:

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/017191.html

Apoligies to any Raiders fans, but this is ridiculous, he's already shown he can be a great RB earlier this season and before his injury he was a predicted 1st round RB...I can understand if they are doing it just to help the team, but if you just wanted a lead blocker you should of traded him to the Chargers instead of wasting potential at FB.

Had he ended up in San Diego he would of flourished, now he's just going to rot on that team when they should be finding ways to get the ball to him more for a team that can't find ways to score...It's not just Bush either, Oakland hasn't been effective at developing players in forever, at some point it's got to stop.

I wish the steelers would trade for Bush

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote