Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
In a book I recently read Casey Hampton's brother talks about how Big Snack changed some random woman's tire on the side of the highway in Texas.

Funny how it wasn't on ESPN for a week.
You get Jim Wexall's book?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Romo was really nice he would have bought him a house, car and paid off his mortgage.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
In a book I recently read Casey Hampton's brother talks about how Big Snack changed some random woman's tire on the side of the highway in Texas.

Funny how it wasn't on ESPN for a week.
Because he's a linemen and not a franchise QB.... who cares about those fat guys anyway. Except when they break the law or say something dumb.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me wanna go to Mexico with Romo and spend nights on the beach with him!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Romo, who confirmed the story but didn't want to elaborate,

Just wanted to point that out, I can see it's getting some press now but Romo doesn't really do this stuff for press, but he can't do anything without it being reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just wanted to point that out, I can see it's getting some press now but Romo doesn't really do this stuff for press, but he can't do anything without it being reported.
I'm not saying that he didn't do it for good reasons, but that doesn't automatically did it entirely out of the goodness of his heart. You hear things like that when most players do stuff like this. Again, I'm glad he did it and am not saying that he isn't pure with his intentions, I'm just saying that most players would play it off as something they don't want to deal with in the press.

Regardless of his true intentions whatever they may be, its still a great thing that he did.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Fair play to Romo, it's hard to not like the guy when you see stuff like this. Agree he isn't the only one but if it's the only story that gets published he can't help it.

Credit where credit's due, plus he's banging Jessica Simpson, so he gets even more kudos for that.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
NFL players do this all the time. As of now Romo is the one to get publicity for it.
NFL players invite homeless people to movies with them? How many normal people do that?
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think that may have a lot to do with his Wisconsin roots. I am from Illinois, but got to school in Wisconsin. You can see a large difference in the way people act. Wisconsin people are very friendly and genuine compared to my fellow Illinois folk, who are quite the opposite, especially the people from Chicago. Tony seems very similar to the Wisconsin people that I have come into contact with in that he is very humble and kind. Hats off to Tony on realizing that he has been given a great opportunity and has made the best of it.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
NFL players invite homeless people to movies with them? How many normal people do that?
Hobo's make great patsies and movie are great spots to hatch evil plans. Tony's probably jealous of Eli's success and hiring the hobo to go tanya harding on him.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
You get Jim Wexall's book?
Yeah, it was a pretty nice insight in to some of the players. I assume you read it as well?
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I hate Romo, very classy move nonetheless.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
couple bucks isnt that much for a guy who makes millions a year.
It's not about the money. After buying his ticket, he sat next to the stinky guy too. Shows he dosen't think himself above anyone else because he makes the big bucks. Sounds like a nice guy to me.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only did he buy him a movie ticket and invited him to sit with him, but the movie was role models! Go Romo.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I dunno how anyone couldn't like the dude banging jessica simpson.
Because he went down in quality when he dumped Carrie Underwood.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Because he went down in quality when he dumped Carrie Underwood.
Thank You! You get a downgrade in my books going from Underwood to Simpson. But Romo does seem like a genuinely nice guy and I'm glad he's down to earth.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Thank You! You get a downgrade in my books going from Underwood to Simpson. But Romo does seem like a genuinely nice guy and I'm glad he's down to earth.
As much as I hate the guy, I agree. He seems like a really nice guy. However, there is no excuse for kicking Underwood to the curb. Ever. Under any circumstances.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo is a very classy man

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Romo is a decent guy from various things I've heard. However, this is a nice but meaningless gesture. He could've taken him to movie and given him $100,000 and it wouldn't have hurt Romo at all.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

He knew this would make the press.

His motives were obvious.

Fee fi fo fum

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-21-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I think Romo is a decent guy from various things I've heard. However, this is a nice but meaningless gesture. He could've taken him to movie and given him $100,000 and it wouldn't have hurt Romo at all.
I doubt the homeless man thought it was a "meaningless gesture" . I think people want to focus on the $5 he spent on the tickets and ignore that Romo invited him to sit with him during the movie. I'm not saying he deserves a parade for doing one good deed, but calling it "meaningless" because you want to concentrate on the monetary part of the whole thing is a bit shallow.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I doubt the homeless man thought it was a "meaningless gesture" . I think people want to focus on the $5 he spent on the tickets and ignore that Romo invited him to sit with him during the movie. I'm not saying he deserves a parade for doing one good deed, but calling it "meaningless" because you want to concentrate on the monetary part of the whole thing is a bit shallow.
This kind of **** happens on a daily basis, no reason to print it just because he did it.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
This kind of **** happens on a daily basis, no reason to print it just because he did it.
People go buy homeless people tickets to the movies and then tell them to come sit by them while they watch the movies? Its not like Tony went out looking for looking for it to be printed.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
People go buy homeless people tickets to the movies and then tell them to come sit by them while they watch the movies? Its not like Tony went out looking for looking for it to be printed.
Yes, believe it or not people actually do these kind of things.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Yes, believe it or not people actually do these kind of things.
You just sound like a Tony Romo hater. Thats fine but you dont need to sound like a dick.