Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
ive actually been disappointed in the Giants.
You're 9-1. Wanna trade spots with me?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You're 9-1. Wanna trade spots with me?
lol no.

but theyre not playing up to their capabilities. thats my worry. Ross is hurt and not playing well, our WRs are still dropping passes, Burress is a shell of his former self, no separation from our wrs, our backfield can't catch the ball consistently, our 3rd DE is not generating the pressure we need from him consistently, Pierce can't cover a cement block.

we have issues. we're far from invincible.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bummed a bit that Ross is having such a downer compared to last year. Maybe it's injury, but he's been bad the last few weeks and that Flacco pick six on Sunday wasn't anything more than him getting a deflection.

Webster seems to be flourishing, not sure how Dockey is faring as the nickel guy. Good/bad?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm bummed a bit that Ross is having such a downer compared to last year. Maybe it's injury, but he's been bad the last few weeks and that Flacco pick six on Sunday wasn't anything more than him getting a deflection.

Webster seems to be flourishing, not sure how Dockey is faring as the nickel guy. Good/bad?
Dockery is extremely average, and hurt the last few weeks.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

He was doing good but not great before his hammy injury, since his hammy injury against Cleveland, he's been picked on consistently. Some of it is his inability to play off his man in zone as well, he's much better playing press man/zone. when we have him playing off his man, he's been poor.

Webster has been lights out, in my opinion top 5 in the league. teams don't throw at him at all, and when they do, he either swats it or picks it. he's been on his guy like glue all season, and i think no WR has gotten anymore than 40 yards max on him when he's on them this season.

even Edwards, when he torched the Giants, he did it on Ross. When Webster was on him, he didn't even catch the ball once.

Dockery is hurt and has been replaced by Terrell Thomas. Prior to his injury he sucked, so Im glad to see him on the bench. Thomas had some growing pains and is still learning, but has already shown more promise than Dockery and could be the effective nickelback we need. He does a great job in zone, and press zone. And flies at the RB as well. My concern with him is injuries, he's gotta stay healthy.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol no.

but theyre not playing up to their capabilities. thats my worry. Ross is hurt and not playing well, our WRs are still dropping passes, Burress is a shell of his former self, no separation from our wrs, our backfield can't catch the ball consistently, our 3rd DE is not generating the pressure we need from him consistently, Pierce can't cover a cement block.

omg a realist giants fan! :O

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
omg a realist giants fan! :O
we're all realists *hand*
Old 11-18-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was doing good but not great before his hammy injury, since his hammy injury against Cleveland, he's been picked on consistently. Some of it is his inability to play off his man in zone as well, he's much better playing press man/zone. when we have him playing off his man, he's been poor.

Webster has been lights out, in my opinion top 5 in the league. teams don't throw at him at all, and when they do, he either swats it or picks it. he's been on his guy like glue all season, and i think no WR has gotten anymore than 40 yards max on him when he's on them this season.

even Edwards, when he torched the Giants, he did it on Ross. When Webster was on him, he didn't even catch the ball once.

Dockery is hurt and has been replaced by Terrell Thomas. Prior to his injury he sucked, so Im glad to see him on the bench. Thomas had some growing pains and is still learning, but has already shown more promise than Dockery and could be the effective nickelback we need. He does a great job in zone, and press zone. And flies at the RB as well. My concern with him is injuries, he's gotta stay healthy.
I don't know why Madison doesn't play more. Obviously we want Thomas to grow and get better. But Madison is our best option right now. Especilly with a team like the Cardinals this week, I'd rather see Madison out there.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol no.

I really wouldn't mind having Pierce's plays significantly reduced in place of Blackburn. He has really shown a lot of improvement this year and I'd love to see him spell Pierce more often in our Nickle packages.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't know why Madison doesn't play more. Obviously we want Thomas to grow and get better. But Madison is our best option right now. Especilly with a team like the Cardinals this week, I'd rather see Madison out there.
i agree. but i guess they want to get Thomas's cherry popped before the playoffs, bc we'll need a well rounded and experienced TT for the playoffs.

Madison is our best option as of now though, but we have a little leeway right now, let's use it to develop our guy.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
i agree. but i guess they want to get Thomas's cherry popped before the playoffs, bc we'll need a well rounded and experienced TT for the playoffs.

Madison is our best option as of now though, but we have a little leeway right now, let's use it to develop our guy.
I just feel that at 9-1, we have to seriously consider a repeat now. Our best players need to be on the field regardless of age.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just feel that at 9-1, we have to seriously consider a repeat now. Our best players need to be on the field regardless of age.
and they are. which is why they want to give Thomas reps. The thing is, if Thomas can get up to speed in time for the playoffs, he will be a better player than Madison.

Madison is what he is. He'll be the same player in the playoffs. By giving Thomas reps, he'll improve and hit stride by playoff time, which makes him a better player than he would be sitting on the bench getting no playing time.

So if you think about it, it makes the team better. Since he's our 3 or 4 depending.

So it actually makes more sense to give Thomas reps.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol no.

I really hope the Niners are good enough one day to where I can ***** about them being 9-1 :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I really hope the Niners are good enough one day to where I can ***** about them being 9-1 :)
Especially coming off a Superbowl win.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You Giant fans complaining, try being a Rams fan for a Sunday.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote