Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
We are all... I Like the air it out strategy, but that hasn't worked since week 2. Time for us to go back to late 90's Broncos football baby.
on second thought...
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
We are in the bottom 5 in the NFL in terms of talent right now. I would hope that if Shanahan even attempts to can yet another defensive coordinator, Bowlen backhands him and reminds him that it's *his* (Shanny's) fault that the defense sucks (as a result of some of the worst drafting in the league over the last 10 or so years, not to even mention the garbage free agency maneuvering).

There is absolutely nothing on this team that makes me believe it can win a playoff game in the next five years without some MASSIVE personnel changes on the defensive side of the ball. We don't have a single linebacker worth spit. We have no secondary whatsoever now that Champ is out. Our running backs could hardly be more worthless.
The defense is annoying for sure, especially the 8-10 yard CB cushion, but it isn't what hurt us yesterday or even lately. We know they suck, and expected them to suck (albiet not this bad).

But what pisses me off the most is the offense and the incompetent play of Cutler lately. If you can't score more than 20 points a game and commit 3-4 turnovers a game you are not going to win and I don't care what kind of defense you have.

Sad when the best thing you can say about a game is that the FB looked good.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:38 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We are in the bottom 5 in the NFL in terms of talent right now. I would hope that if Shanahan even attempts to can yet another defensive coordinator, Bowlen backhands him and reminds him that it's *his* (Shanny's) fault that the defense sucks (as a result of some of the worst drafting in the league over the last 10 or so years, not to even mention the garbage free agency maneuvering).

There is absolutely nothing on this team that makes me believe it can win a playoff game in the next five years without some MASSIVE personnel changes on the defensive side of the ball. We don't have a single linebacker worth spit. We have no secondary whatsoever now that Champ is out. Our running backs could hardly be more worthless.
I really think you are overreacting about the talent we have. I still believe we have the talent to be an average defense, but with how horrible Slowik is and the defensive coaches, we are dreadful.
At LB, we definitely need an upgrade at MLB. Safeties also, my god I hate our safeties.
RB needs an upgrade, we still need to see if Torain can do anything though.
Most of the offense looks promising. I will say, Cutler is frustrating me with how he has regressed after his first 3 games.
Say what you guys want about the defense, but the offense hasn't scored more than 19 points in 5 games and has turned the ball over a **** load of times. I mean, Cutler practically gave the Dolphins 13 points with his 3 interceptions.

What does he come down to though? Coaching. Broncos have been outcoached for a majority of their games this year, and that is frustrating. We had such good creativity on offense early on, and that has disapeared now. Defense, the playcalling and scheme is horrible.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what do we have, aside from cutler, marshall and royal that you would *honestly* say is "talent"? DJ is garbage. DJ is the most over-rated linebacker in the nfl right now. before you post and tell me he's not with some crappy tackle stats, please look up how many tackles he's made on the season within 3 yards of the LOS. i would, from watching, estimate he's made at least 75% of his tackles at somewhere between 6-10 yards. this is not scheme. this is because he doesn't react to or read plays properly. nate webster at least reads the play right most of the time, he just isn't good enough to make a play when he gets into position. dre bly and karl paymah shouldn't be better than nicklebacks. our offensive line has been awful, after looking fairly good to start the year. dan graham is garbage. stokley can't even catch the ball anymore. i see nothing on this team that leads me to believe we're really any better than cinci or detroit.
Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris are two tackles that have played well for first time starters. I don't know how you can call the OL garbage after what we watched last year.
Tony Scheffler if he can ever stay healthy is a good receiving TE. The thing though is that if statement.
DJ Williams is a solid starting LB. I do think he is overrated, but he isn't horrible. Nate Webster is the definition of average though IMO. Boss Bailey actually played okay at times before getting hurt. Every other LB is garbage though.
Bly is a decent #2 CB. we don't use him to his strength, which is press man to man coverage. The BS cushion scheme we play is ********, which is why Paymah looked so horrible.
Marcus Thomas seems like a decent starting DT, Jarvis Moss has gotten better over the course of the season and hopefully he continues to progress.
Peyton Hillis looks like a quality FB we've been missing since Howard Griffith.

And, to add, good coaching can make these average/below average players look a lot better than they are. Its all about creating mismatches and overcoming weaknesses, which the coaches have yet to do this year really.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are weak on talent. It's been a problem for a while.

Offense: I think we are okay at most of the skill positions, and the OL does a good job pass blocking. Run blocking and running back need major upgrades. Preparation needs to be seriously improved - too many games start off with us looking like we aren't ready to go.

Defense: It's a wreck. About 75% of the players need to be dumped. No more undersized DE's. No more "fast but dumb" LB's. No more trash heap safeties. Shoot Slowik in the face and dump his body in the woods. Stop playing prevent defense all game. Bring someone in who can actually assess defensive talent, because Shanny sure as hell can't.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
We are weak on talent. It's been a problem for a while.

Offense: I think we are okay at most of the skill positions, and the OL does a good job pass blocking. Run blocking and running back need major upgrades. Preparation needs to be seriously improved - too many games start off with us looking like we aren't ready to go.

Defense: It's a wreck. About 75% of the players need to be dumped. No more undersized DE's. No more "fast but dumb" LB's. No more trash heap safeties. Shoot Slowik in the face and dump his body in the woods. Stop playing prevent defense all game. Bring someone in who can actually assess defensive talent, because Shanny sure as hell can't.
Only thing offensively we need to address is RB and interior OL IMO, maybe look at adding depth to WR.

Defensively, we are not that bad.

Quote:
i don't know that you've persuaded me that we're not god awful, but ok... i expect the tackles to look very ordinary at times. and you're right, harris and clady HAVE looked good for rookies. that said, when two rookies are dramatically outplaying the rest of the line... they were putrid last year, this year they've slightly improved. i mean, at least pears isn't playing.
Well, maybe it shows that we have a couple Pro Bowl talents at OT? Kuper IMO is playing decently, and Weigmann as well. Hamilton is awful though IMO.

Quote:
i love scheffler. but the guy needs to learn how to block so we can release stonehands-vastly-overpaid dan graham.
I hope he does too, and learns to stay healthy.
And Graham was a waste of a FA signing, I still don't understand that signing.

Quote:
i think DJ would be all right if he were surrounded by talent. but since he's not, every single weakness is regularly exposed. from last year to this year, i don't see any difference. he still steps back first, he still reads plays poorly. *shrug* if the rest of the league still thinks his value is high, i'd love to move him. however, if we were just going to trade him like we traded foxworth (for like, a 6th or 7th round pick)... well, i don't think he's quite THAT bad.

i like thomas and i'm starting to not think moss is a bust, but again... they shouldn't be the better players on our defense. especially since i don't think either would be more than a #3 on any good team right now.
Its a little too early to call some guys busts, or say they are good(Thomas, Crowder, Moss), so thats up in the air.
We definitely need to upgrade certain positions though. Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Dumervil for a 3rd round pick and sign Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs.

[quote[and i don't think slowik is the answer. that said, we've had the same problems through like, 47 coaching changes. at some point, it stops being the coaches and starts being the crap they've been given to work with.

this team will NEVER get better until either we get someone who has some vague ability to assess talent or until shanahan gets lucky.[/quote]

I have a feeling if we miss the playoffs again, Shanny will leave. I don't see how he can get a free pass from whats been going on.
New HC, new DC, new OC?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

You expect shanny to leave?

He will be hear till he gets tired of it. He just bought a billion (or something) dollar house in Denver. He isn't going anywhere.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Denver Broncos have agreed to terms with running back Tatum Bell.

He is back!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THE LEGEND IS BACK

who is next Olandis Gary?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ran for 3000 yards once with Tatum Bell on Madden 05.

Here's to hoping he repeats my successes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i want for christmas is brandon spikes in a broncos uniform
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQShWogLzw
he has that intensity that carries over to teammates, and you either have it (winborn, however, it doesn't carry over) or you don't.

i have him #2 to maualuga, however, given the choice, i'd rather see spikes suit up for us.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I ran for 3000 yards once with Tatum Bell on Madden 05.

Here's to hoping he repeats my successes.
Bell on Madden 05-06 was unstoppable.... won many games online on that mans sholders
Old 11-19-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Bell on Madden 05-06 was unstoppable.... won many games online on that mans sholders
I Form HB Counter to the house... you don't even need to set up anything to counter from.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
all i want for christmas is brandon spikes in a broncos uniform
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQShWogLzw
he has that intensity that carries over to teammates, and you either have it (winborn, however, it doesn't carry over) or you don't.

i have him #2 to maualuga, however, given the choice, i'd rather see spikes suit up for us.
I'd love to see us draft Spikes. I'd almost prefer him over Rey Rey.
With where we most likely will be drafting, around pick 20, I'm not sure who will be available for us.
Hopefully Spikes or Rey will be, if not, then hopefully Moore or Mays will be. If none of those 4 are available, I'm almost inclined to say go for drafting a RB in round 1.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I'd love to see us draft Spikes. I'd almost prefer him over Rey Rey.
With where we most likely will be drafting, around pick 20, I'm not sure who will be available for us.
Hopefully Spikes or Rey will be, if not, then hopefully Moore or Mays will be. If none of those 4 are available, I'm almost inclined to say go for drafting a RB in round 1.
With each passing game it becomes more and more obvious that our safeties are awful. Lowry takes the worst angles, and can't tackle anything, I have ever seen.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
With each passing game it becomes more and more obvious that our safeties are awful. Lowry takes the worst angles, and can't tackle anything, I have ever seen.
I think from what I see, we can get great value in the 2nd round at safety. 1st round, its either Moore or Mays.
Heck, MLB might not be that big of a need if Larsen plays well.
Safety though is without a doubt a huge need for the Broncos. Manuel, McCree and Lowry are all awful. And to think we traded away Foxworth so we could sign Lowry, lol.
But we also need a RB IMO. If Mays and Moore are both gone, might not be a bad idea to take a RB if one is available there, say Moreno.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I think from what I see, we can get great value in the 2nd round at safety. 1st round, its either Moore or Mays.
Heck, MLB might not be that big of a need if Larsen plays well.
Safety though is without a doubt a huge need for the Broncos. Manuel, McCree and Lowry are all awful. And to think we traded away Foxworth so we could sign Lowry, lol.
But we also need a RB IMO. If Mays and Moore are both gone, might not be a bad idea to take a RB if one is available there, say Moreno.
An offensive player in the first two rounds is a waste IMO. The offense is fine but we have huge holes on defense.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I think we have a huge hole in the running game though. If we can add a solid RB who isn't 30, injury prone or drafted in rounds 5-7 that should help. But yeah if Spikes, Rey, Mays and Moore are gone, I think we'd need to go RB. Maybe take Kevin Ellison later? I dunno where he's slated to go.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
An offensive player in the first two rounds is a waste IMO. The offense is fine but we have huge holes on defense.
The offense is not set, because take a look at our running game. You don't draft solely on need in the draft, that gets you reaching for players and resulting in poor drafts.
If there is no legitimate pick for safety or LB in round 1, I say go ahead and take a RB if one is available, heck maybe OG or C.
Having a good/great RB will make this offense that much better. Right now, I have little faith in the run game.

Saying it is a waste is being ignorant and not seeing the problems we have in the running game.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Welp, why do we play so fat and inconsistent.
Offensive playcalling was ATROCIOUS. Same freakin plays all game, and deep passes. Where is the awesome playcalling from the first 3 games? Geez, this sucks.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

I completely agree with you there njx. I couldn't believe how poorly coached we were.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was the Chief's game all over again: lack of preparation, poor execution, ****** gameplan.

This team simply isn't good enough to be looking past anybody... especially a division rival with an axe to grind after we nuked them at home in week 1.

The silver lining? The Chargers lost too. Good lord, the AFC West is pathetic...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hillis doesn't fumble we're looking at a totally different game. Let's not go into "fire Shanahan" mode just yet. The team has showed it has potential to play good games. I'm not ready to give up on this team just yet.
CT Bronco Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
If Hillis doesn't fumble we're looking at a totally different game. Let's not go into "fire Shanahan" mode just yet. The team has showed it has potential to play good games. I'm not ready to give up on this team just yet.
Anybody can play the what if game.
Fact is, we were outcoached. Plain and simple, we were outcoached and outplayed.

Facts:
Defense - ranked 28th overall, 26th against the run, 25h against the pass and 28th in points allowed
Our turnover ratio has been AWFUL for the past 7 years. 1 good year in 2005, thats it from 2002 til today.
Defense has been awful for the most part from 2002 up til now.
Poor gameplanning and playcalling for the most part.

This isn't a good team, and its not all on the players, part of it is piss poor coaching.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This made me think of you njx9
CT Bronco Fan is online now   Reply With Quote