Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
exactly. TO has consistently produced most of his career.
ocho cinco has consistently produced most of his career.
steve smith has constantly produced most of his career.
jerry rice has constantly produced most of his career.

roddy white. sure. top 5 this year.
bernard berrian was a top 5 three years ago. was he ever again? no.

when you talk about tiers, you don't talk about 'right now'.
Why is Jerry Rice in the same paragraph as Chad Johnson and Steve Smith? They have not yet earned that honor.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Why is Jerry Rice in the same paragraph as Chad Johnson and Steve Smith? They have not yet earned that honor.
Yeah do not bring Jerry down to their level.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bernard Berrian?

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of top WR's, a few days ago i was driving home from school, and i had the horrible luck of catching Keyshawn Johnson babbling away with Chris Mortensen on the sports bash (which they completely ruined). Both Key and Mort were talking on how Santana Moss was a equal or better than the following WR's:

Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Anquan Boldin.

Just made me sick to my stomach. I turned the radio off quickly after hearing how Santana Moss and Steve Smith is a toss-up. Kuselias wasn't buying their BS, and he called them out, and Key went on how Moss was better, and after that i didn't listen.

I seriously hate those guys. Do they not watch any football? Do they just go by what the guys from NFL live show? Man i hate ESPN.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Speaking of top WR's, a few days ago i was driving home from school, and i had the horrible luck of catching Keyshawn Johnson babbling away with Chris Mortensen on the sports bash (which they completely ruined). Both Key and Mort were talking on how Santana Moss was a equal or better than the following WR's:

Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Anquan Boldin.

Just made me sick to my stomach. I turned the radio off quickly after hearing how Santana Moss and Steve Smith is a toss-up. Kuselias wasn't buying their BS, and he called them out, and Key went on how Moss was better, and after that i didn't listen.

I seriously hate those guys. Do they not watch any football? Do they just go by what the guys from NFL live show? Man i hate ESPN.
Although in this situation I don't agree they both certainly know much more about football than you could even dream of. Keyshawn was a #1 pick and played pro obviously he understands the game.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Although in this situation I don't agree they both certainly know much more about football than you could even dream of. Keyshawn was a #1 pick and played pro obviously he understands the game.
Playing in the pros certainly qualifies you to know more than a fan about football. I mean, look at McNabb - he's a straight genius when it comes to football knowledge (outside of the whole not knowing you can tie thing, of course).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Playing in the pros certainly qualifies you to know more than a fan about football. I mean, look at McNabb - he's a straight genius when it comes to football knowledge (outside of the whole not knowing you can tie thing, of course).
You're right, he's an idiot for not knowing that. But if you were given a version of an NFL playbook, who do you think would know more??? McNabb, or you?
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
You're right, he's an idiot for not knowing that. But if you were given a version of an NFL playbook, who do you think would know more??? McNabb, or you?
Heatherzzzz
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They might know more about playing the game, and how to run a route, but that means nothing when it comes to evaluating talent. Him being an ex player means absolutely nothing when differentiating a scrub from a star.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely McNabb, no argument there. I don't really want to argue this because Keshawn simply stated his opinion and I think everyone has a right to do that ( especially if a company is going to pay you for your opinion :) ). But I think he went overboard in his argument and it's hard to validate his opinions simply by saying "he played the game".

I don't want to be "that guy" who always goes to statistics because I know the game is a lot more than that. But between Steve Smith, Larry Johnson & Anquan Boldin the statistics don't favor Santana Moss. If you compare all 4 player's, Moss doesn't lead a single receiving category that I can find.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who said Bernard Berrian was top five? Berrian has never had a thousand yard season, let alone be a top five receiver.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Key has never been the brightest bulb on the tree either...
Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Well Jerry Rice's career has been about twice as long TO's, making his feat 2x as impressive.

And his career is done so theres no question debating that. TO still has a chance to trail off.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Key has never been the brightest bulb on the tree either...
And he's into interior design..
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Well Jerry Rice's career has been about twice as long TO's, making his feat 2x as impressive.

And his career is done so theres no question debating that. TO still has a chance to trail off.
I never said anything about TO not being deserving. His career speaks for itself.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And he's into interior design..
Some peoples kids man I tell ya.