Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What would the Eagles get for Donovan McNabb
2nd Round Pick 37 46.25%
3rd Round Pick 27 33.75%
Other 16 20.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I think Loadholt in the second would be perfect at RT for you guys. Then Ryan Cook and replace Birk when he retires.
Haha. That'd be hilarious.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Loadholt in the second would be perfect at RT for you guys. Then Ryan Cook and replace Birk when he retires.
**** that, we have John Sullivan. I hate Ryan Cook at everything.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
**** that, we have John Sullivan. I hate Ryan Cook at everything.
Oh ok I just said that because Ryan Cook was a center and I thought that is what he would be best at.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh ok I just said that because Ryan Cook was a center and I thought that is what he would be best at.
He's best at not playing football.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
He's best at not playing football.
Haha I'm glad we have that established now.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st rounder in this years draft and a 2nd or 3rd next years draft

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
1st rounder in this years draft and a 2nd or 3rd next years draft
That's way too much for such an old QB. He'd be lucky to get just a first this year.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles would be dumb if they trade him, not going to happen.

They should be able to get a 1st round pick.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions will swap you Daunte for Donovon . . . it'll be like a 1999 do-over. Only you come out the worse for it . . . haha
Old 11-20-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be a terrible idea for the Vikings to trade for McNabb. What they need is a game-manager which is not what McNabb is. I don't care if he has connections to Childress or what they did together in Philadelphia, the fact of the matter is that McNabb is a loser and a sore loser at that. Has he ever taken the blame for a loss? He's never won a big game (playoff wise) and choked terribly in the Super Bowl. The QB that the Vikings should go after is Matt Cassell.

I don't know where McNabb would be a good fit at. Maybe Detroit while their QB of the future learns under him. Possibly Tampa Bay? Now that I think about it I kinda like the idea of McNabb in TB but I doubt the Bucs trade a 2nd away for him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

McNabb would see Gruden's playbook and die.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
It would be a terrible idea for the Vikings to trade for McNabb. What they need is a game-manager which is not what McNabb is. I don't care if he has connections to Childress or what they did together in Philadelphia, the fact of the matter is that McNabb is a loser and a sore loser at that. Has he ever taken the blame for a loss? He's never won a big game (playoff wise) and choked terribly in the Super Bowl. The QB that the Vikings should go after is Matt Cassell.

I don't know where McNabb would be a good fit at. Maybe Detroit while their QB of the future learns under him. Possibly Tampa Bay? Now that I think about it I kinda like the idea of McNabb in TB but I doubt the Bucs trade a 2nd away for him.
Matt Cassell really? McNabb gives them a much better chance to win than Cassell. McNabb may not be the best game manager but he can do damage with his arm and is always a threat to run given the chance.

Matt Cassell has lot of talent around him and he's been playing in that system for four seasons now. He's only had two really good games. If the Vikings sign Cassell I will laugh at the biggest FA signing at QB since the Texans signed Schaub.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Not so much. Just change the name of the plays to different Campbell's soups and McNabb would catch on in a snap.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Not so much. Just change the name of the plays to different Campbell's soups and McNabb would catch on in a snap.
http://www.sports-central.org/sports..._2008_pt_1.php

Kidding aside, they come from the same football school of thought, so I think the transition would be faster than usual.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
http://www.sports-central.org/sports..._2008_pt_1.php

Kidding aside, they come from the same football school of thought, so I think the transition would be faster than usual.
Exactly, which is why I think it'd be a great match in TB. I forgot about that connection. Thanks.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Exactly, which is why I think it'd be a great match in TB. I forgot about that connection. Thanks.
The more I think about it, the more similarities I find between Gruden and Reid.

Both abandon the run on a regular basis, chalk up mistakes to execution/injuries rather than coaching failures, have the fans ISOPWs.

I would trade for McNabb [when you're drafting Dexter Jackson with a second....]. Garcia is a geriatric that plays with no regard for his life, Griese [no explanation needed], McCown [He's "Grudenized" already], Josh Johnson is a multi-year project that will eventually be "Grudenized".....in short, no concrete present or future option at QB. McNabb, despite his mental midgetness, is a perfect fit for now and later. I can live with injuries at this point.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-21-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah because the eagles playbook is so easy.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Yeah because the eagles playbook is so easy.
As I said earlier, they both come from the same flummoxing pass-happy systems. Gruden's version is just notoriously complicated, I'd assume even a little bit more than Reid's. Level of difficulty obviously doesn't determine the level of success [based on the **** I've seen on the field and spreadsheets over the last 6 years], so don't take it as an insult.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-20-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more similarities I find between Gruden and Reid.

Both abandon the run on a regular basis, chalk up mistakes to execution/injuries rather than coaching failures, have the fans ISOPWs.

I would trade for McNabb. Garcia is a geriatric that plays with no regard for his life, Griese [no explanation needed], McCown [He's "Grudenized" already], Josh Johnson is a multi-year project that will eventually be "Grudenized".....in short, no concrete present or future option at QB. McNabb, despite his mental midgetness, is a perfect fit for now and later. I can live with injuries at this point.
I really liked Josh Johnson and wanted the Saints to draft him last year so Payton could groom him to be Brees' eventual successor years down the road.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
I really liked Josh Johnson and wanted the Saints to draft him last year so Payton could groom him to be Brees' eventual successor years down the road.
Warren Sapp once said that "you can't beat the Bucs with one weapon". He directed this towards Ron Mexico and company. Well, Bush and J. Johnson [assuming he has become serviceable] is about all you would need, weapons wise. Add Colston and the rest of those lads and you have a slaughter twice a year. [well, not really, nothing any better than what your offense already puts up against us]

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-21-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Warren Sapp once said that you can't beat the Bucs with one weapon. He directed this towards Ron Mexico and the Falcons. Well, Bush and J. Johnson [assuming he has become serviceable] is about all you would need, weapons wise. Add Colston and the rest of those lads and you have a slaughter twice a year.
While that may be true, it comes down to offensive line play and the Saints have been lackluster at best the past two years when it comes to getting a push in the run game. It's great that Brees' can step back to pass about 72 times a game while getting sacked maybe 3 times but if you average 2.9 yards a game on the ground then you aren't going to win very many games.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't we been down this road already? I think its unlikely that he gets moved this offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Haven't we been down this road already? I think its unlikely that he gets moved this offseason.
Yeah it was talked about last offseason on here...Pretty much the same teams in the talk haha.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok to all Philly fans, would you rather have the football be entrusted to Kevin Kolb and gain a 2nd round pick (at best because the Eagles would take a huge salary cap hit)? I really doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
While that may be true, it comes down to offensive line play and the Saints have been lackluster at best the past two years when it comes to getting a push in the run game. It's great that Brees' can step back to pass about 72 times a game while getting sacked maybe 3 times but if you average 2.9 yards a game on the ground then you aren't going to win very many games.
Of course.