Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
santeria531

I definitely have pity for any player on the Raiders that's talented b/c their skills WILL be wasted.... With that said, I never really watched Bush in college, but even I know he isn't near as physical as his size would indicate. He is a big back with the mindset of a scat back. I look back to what the Jaguars did with Greg Jones. Jones was a HB at Florida State and now plays FB for the Jags and does a damn good job too. But, Jones is actually big AND physical. I feel bad for Bush b/c he could do good things with any other team as a 2nd option/short-yardage back, the Raiders are just too stubborn to see that.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I wish the steelers would trade for Bush
That would make no sense at all...

Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall, and Mewelde Moore. What would he do there?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

The new Bettis over there ?

Oddly enough they both have had very similar issues early in their career. Maybe when he finally gets dealt or released he too explodes onto the scene in his new home. That would suck for us Raider fans to see yet again another great talent let go only to find big success elsewhere.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
The new Bettis over there ?

Oddly enough they both have had very similar issues early in their career. Maybe when he finally gets dealt or released he too explodes onto the scene in his new home. That would suck for us Raider fans to see yet again another great talent let go only to find big success elsewhere.
Yeah, Chargers could offer less in the off season and get him, he would be great in the position and situation he would be in. It would be nice if that would happen lol

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Sounds to me like Michael Bush is just a ***** who is afraid of contact. There's nothing more irritating than a big back who plays soft.
That doesn't change the fact that they are wasting his talent at RB. He may be soft, but the raiders are still dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I wish the steelers would trade for Bush
Why? The steelers are fine at RB with Parker Moore Russell and Mendenhall will be back. The steelers don't need him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My feelings are that he's right to question this decision from the coaches, because they deserve to be questioned. However, this is a chance to get on the field. Step up, maybe learn something about the position, do what you have to do for now, and make the best of it. IMO he shouldn't have made this public. If his goal was to make it widely known so that if he hits FA he'll still have value as a HB, then it makes no sense. GMs know he's a running back, and that the Raiders are crazy. GMs will also know if a guy is willing to do whatever it takes to help his team win. If he's explaining it to the fans, that is also a dumb excuse. The fans know everything they need to know concerning how the Raiders handle players. No one in the black hole is going to go "Hey, why is Bush at FB? He must like playing there. What an idiot."
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude the 1 2 punch McFadden and Bush have is awesome and could turn elite, forget Fargas they should trade him hes kind of just an average guy wasting Bush's 2nd string spot. I am so scared they are gonna trade Bush when they need to trade Fargas.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:14 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I feel really bad for all the Raiders players. The day they're drafted they know they'll never be a winner. It's kinda sad.
Aso is!!!1

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

that's right he'd end up in the same situation that he's all ready in.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston needs to take him away from the Raiders.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good and bad news IMO.

Good:I mean he barely gets to see the field with McFadden and Fargas starting over him at RB so being a FB will get him more play time, he can be used for catching and blocking and we will have 2 good running threats on the field almost every play.

Bad: He will be one hell of a RB I think in the next few years. He has size, speed and hands to be a productive back. He was almost traded to the Chargers ( who can really use him since LT is getting old). So he might get delt this off season( I hope not), so we might be trying to find a way to use him some where else.

Solution to the problem?
Trade Fargas. Hes 28 or 29 now, he is injury prone and we might get good value from him. I could see a team trading a 4th or 5th maybe for him( maybe the Texans, Steelers, Eagles, Bengals, Patriots???). A McFadden/Bush combo should be deadly if they can live up to their hype. Both are young and complement each other good.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Last edited by RaiderNation : 11-21-2008 at 10:03 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Solution to the problem?
Trade Fargas. Hes 28 or 29 now, he is injury prone and we might get good value from him. I could see a team trading a 4th or 5th maybe for him( maybe the Texans, Steelers, Eagles, Bengals, Patriots???). A McFadden/Bush combo should be deadly if they can live up to their hype. Both are young and complement each other good.
I too prefer the McFadden / Bush combo to the McFadden / Fargas one for the next few years. I heart Huggy Bear but his new contract will hold up the development of a very promising complementary back in Bush who is ready to contribute on a more consistent basis to this offense.

One year wonder ? Fargas still must be prove the worth of his new contract and I'm just not sure he can do so going forward considering his age and the forthcoming emergence of Run DMC. Still a lot remains to be seen in this situation but it certainly isn't looking all that good.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote