Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What would the Eagles get for Donovan McNabb
2nd Round Pick 37 46.25%
3rd Round Pick 27 33.75%
Other 16 20.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Haven't we been down this road already? I think its unlikely that he gets moved this offseason.
I don't know how much longer Reid and Mcnabb have left together, somebody has got to go here pretty soon...Mcnabb is fine, but that offense needs more of an identity and needs to learn how to close games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Lions will take Reid and McNabb for a second rounder.
Please don't suggest this again Scotty.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't know how much longer Reid and Mcnabb have left together, somebody has got to go here pretty soon...Mcnabb is fine, but that offense needs more of an identity and needs to learn how to close games.
If I were a philly fan, I'd be ok with a McNabb trade. I would not want to see Andy Reid get fired.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
If I were a philly fan, I'd be ok with a McNabb trade. I would not want to see Andy Reid get fired.
You would be a terrible Philly fan. McNabb has actually been fairly good this year. 2711 yards, 59,4% completion, 7.10 ypa, 14 TD, 8 INT with a terrible WR corps and a lack of a running game.

Andy Reid, on the other hand, is a complete moron. He steadfastly refuses to run the ball. If running the ball doesn't work for two plays, forget it, it's over. In ten years, he has not learned the concept of clock management. He is terrible at challenges. He steadfastly refuses to address glaring needs. The Eagles still don't have a #1 receiver, they haven't had a return game until this year, they still have not addressed the glaring OT of the future need, and in general, they don't address needs well in the draft. Reid and Lurie are both incredibly arrogant, always thinking that they're one step ahead of everyone. From Lurie never going under $20 million under the cap to claiming the Eagles are the "gold standard" to Reid thinking Chris Gocong is a good SAM backer to Reid never running the ball to Reid throwing the ball 58 times last week and only giving Brian Westbrook 17 touches, the list goes on and on.

Andy Reid is a bumbling idiot. Yes, he built himself a good team. No, he will never win a championship with it. The Eagles don't win close games. That's a huge reflection of coaching. In games decided by a touchdown or less this year, they are 0-4-1. They were 2-5 last season. 3-5 the year before. Reid's clock management is a huge joke across the league.

To answer the original question, a first rounder for an injury-prone QB on the wrong side of 30 is absurd. I'd be ecstatic with a second rounder. Do I want Donovan gone? No. Is it going to happen if/when the Eagles don't make the playoffs? More than likely.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You would be a terrible Philly fan. McNabb has actually been fairly good this year. 2711 yards, 59,4% completion, 7.10 ypa, 14 TD, 8 INT with a terrible WR corps and a lack of a running game.

Andy Reid, on the other hand, is a complete moron. He steadfastly refuses to run the ball. If running the ball doesn't work for two plays, forget it, it's over. In ten years, he has not learned the concept of clock management. He is terrible at challenges. He steadfastly refuses to address glaring needs. The Eagles still don't have a #1 receiver, they haven't had a return game until this year, they still have not addressed the glaring OT of the future need, and in general, they don't address needs well in the draft. Reid and Lurie are both incredibly arrogant, always thinking that they're one step ahead of everyone. From Lurie never going under $20 million under the cap to claiming the Eagles are the "gold standard" to Reid thinking Chris Gocong is a good SAM backer to Reid never running the ball to Reid throwing the ball 58 times last week and only giving Brian Westbrook 17 touches, the list goes on and on.

Andy Reid is a bumbling idiot. Yes, he built himself a good team. No, he will never win a championship with it. The Eagles don't win close games. That's a huge reflection of coaching. In games decided by a touchdown or less this year, they are 0-4-1. They were 2-5 last season. 3-5 the year before. Reid's clock management is a huge joke across the league.

To answer the original question, a first rounder for an injury-prone QB on the wrong side of 30 is absurd. I'd be ecstatic with a second rounder. Do I want Donovan gone? No. Is it going to happen if/when the Eagles don't make the playoffs? More than likely.
It's not like you haven't had chances to win a Championship with McNabb and Reid. I'm not say that McNabb is playing poorly this season at all but he's not been as well as he was a few years ago. When McNabb plays well Philly usually wins. when McNabb plays poorly the result is usually a loss. As for the losing close games that's not all Reids fault. Some of that is on the Reid and the coaches but the players have to make plays and lets be honest here, McNabb is not mr. comeback. Never has been and never will be.

In the Super Bowl a few years ago watching that game about 5 or 6 times now, I think the Eagles had that game and McNabb blew it. IMO there is no one person in that game responsible for that loss than McNabb. So McNabb and Reid have shown that they can win a championship.

I say that it would be a good idea to trade McNabb now because it seems as if he'll never regain his form of a few years ago and he is up there in years but he's not too old yet so he still has descent value. Reid has built a good team and you have some good young talent. Reid may have his coaching flaws but what coach in the NFL doesn't?
Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reid may have his coaching flaws but what coach in the NFL doesn't?
Reid has not changed any of his flaws, and it has cost the Eagles way too many games.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Reid has not changed any of his flaws, and it has cost the Eagles way too many games.
nothing worse than losing close games, so your frustation is very understandable.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, Donovan will not be traded this off-season.

If he would though, it would be for a 2nd and a 4th, or something similar to that.

Sorry I'm a little late getting into this.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
First off, Donovan will not be traded this off-season.

If he would though, it would be for a 2nd and a 4th, or something similar to that.

Sorry I'm a little late getting into this.
that's what i posted earlier and i think it makes alot of sense. would Eagels fans be mad if this actually happened?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that's what i posted earlier and i think it makes alot of sense. would Eagels fans be mad if this actually happened?
Most of us would I think. There are the ones that are all for McNabb and ones that are totally against him. This week had me the closest to seeing McNabb in a negative way since he got here, but I still support him and AR all the way.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Looks like it could happen.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Looks like it could happen.
No, McNabb and Andy Reid are both gonna get run out of Philly by the towns people sporting torches and pitchforks...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Reid is the problem, not McNabb. They need to get a power back with Westbrook and run the ball. Ried loves to throw it, but they dont have the weapons.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the odds that this is Reid's last year in Philly?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
What are the odds that this is Reid's last year in Philly?
92.6%.....................
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we finish below .500 I think Reid has to get fired.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
If we finish below .500 I think Reid has to get fired.
who takes over the offense? you could promote Johnson as a HC and one of the other guys could be promoted to DC, but who at OC.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Leach!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Trade him and McNabb. I bet someone higher then Andy Reid made him bench Mcnabb.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do u count a tie?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb in Minnesota is a scary thought.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

I think he should goto the Buccaneers if they dont keep Jeff Garcia.

Maybe some of these teams.
Lions
Rams
Bears
Vikings
49ers
Old 11-23-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I think he should goto the Buccaneers if they dont keep Jeff Garcia.

Maybe some of these teams.
Lions
Rams
Bears
Vikings
49ers
I would take either of McNabb in a trade or Garcia in the offseason signing. Gus has been alright but he is 37 or around that age...

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be a great fit for the Vikes.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would make the most sense for McNabb to go to either Minnesota or Tampa Bay, as they both run very similar offenses. And I don't see any team still a ways away from being a legit playoff competitor going after him. Plus, the Lions are gonna get Stafford with the no. 1 pick.

I see the Bucs re-signing Garcia in the offseason, and instead use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB to quickly develop behind Garcia and be ready in a year or two. Josh Johnson is still a project and far away from being ready to lead a team.

So by process of elimination, I see the Vikings getting McNabb, especially if they just miss out on the playoffs, which I think they will. There is the coaching connection there, and McNabb fits in really well. Also, it isn't to far away from his hometown of Chicago. I think Minnesota will trade their 2nd and 5th round picks (probably in the 18-22 range) for him, that should get it done.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Last edited by Smokey Joe : 11-23-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote