Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-07-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

First Jersey change of the offseason!

Not too good, but thought everyone would enjoy this picture for when we hopefully sign Samuel

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:56 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2
First Jersey change of the offseason!

Not too good, but thought everyone would enjoy this picture for when we hopefully sign Samuel
haha nice, not that it's important but the jersey is a little dark.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
I'm just watching the NFL network, and they're showing the AFC practice. For some reason they actually are playing Miller at Corner. :shock:
Lord have mercy. What is more sickening, the fact that they are showing Pro Bowl Practice, or that you're watching it?
deedy's on a rampage...

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD
Quote:
I'm just watching the NFL network, and they're showing the AFC practice. For some reason they actually are playing Miller at Corner. :shock:
Lord have mercy. What is more sickening, the fact that they are showing Pro Bowl Practice, or that you're watching it?
:roll:

Look at the time of my post. There's nothing on then but soap operas, and just because you care about what's going on in Passions doesn't mean anyone else does.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD
Quote:

Look at the time of my post. There's nothing on then but soap operas, and just because you care about what's going on in Passions doesn't mean anyone else does.
calm down he was just joking, stop PMSing over it

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD
Quote:

or PMDing over it.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
The next time I want your opinion, I'll ask my neighbours pet pig. I'll get twice the intelligence, and half the squealing.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Since we are on the topic, I really don't like most of you guys.

:)

Just kidding 8)

I know it is way early to predict these things but does anyone else see the AFC East being one of the hardest divisions in football next year?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown

Just kidding 8)

I know it is way early to predict these things but does anyone else see the AFC East being one of the hardest divisions in football next year?
Honestly? No. I see it being a medium strength division. The Dolphins are undergoing another coaching change, and QB is a huge question for them. The Bills have so many question marks, and their best player might be leaving. As for us, we have a lot of questions in the groud game on both sides of the ball (as of now). The Pats look like they'll be strong, but they're almost definitely going to be losing Samuel, and might be losing Graham. They have such few options in the passing game as it is...

It could inch up into a strong division, but I'm guessing mediocrity again this year, and then being one of the top divisions next year.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Just kidding 8)

just to chime in, i think it be tough to tell, how many can say that buffalo or miami will make the playoffs for sure? where as the nfc east, nfc south, or maybe the afc north will be tougher

but i was wonderingg what direction the jets wanted to go in the draft? do you guys want to draft a big bruiser back if you dont make a move for thomas jones?

ive always rooted for the jets, i hope you guys make a move for jones, and draft all defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
Quote:

Just kidding 8)

just to chime in, i think it be tough to tell, how many can say that buffalo or miami will make the playoffs for sure? where as the nfc east, nfc south, or maybe the afc north will be tougher

but i was wonderingg what direction the jets wanted to go in the draft? do you guys want to draft a big bruiser back if you dont make a move for thomas jones?

ive always rooted for the jets, i hope you guys make a move for jones, and draft all defense
I don't want Jones. We have such a young line, why would we make a move for an old RB, especially when we could get a good young running back from the draft?
Old 02-09-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Truthfully, I dont think we should be looking for a HB in the secound round this year. The draft class for RB this year is fairly weak this year and there isn't much difference in rounds 2-5. If we do go RB, it should be in the later rounds. Someone I would look for is Kolby Smith. Typicall power back but was in the wrong system in college or Tyrone Moss. What do you guys think?
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah
Truthfully, I dont think we should be looking for a HB in the secound round this year. The draft class for RB this year is fairly week this year and there isn't much in rounds 2-5. If we do go RB, it should be in the later rounds. Someone I would look for is Kolby Smith. Typicall power back but was in the wrong system in college or Tyrone Moss. What do you guys think?
I agree. I say we focus on repairing the non-skill positions this year, and going after a RB next year.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

Next years crop of RB are far more promising than this years so we can find a stud next when the next draft comes along.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Justin Miller won NFL's fastest man, Jets website.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Justin Miller won NFL's fastest man, Jets website.
Very cool, I never thought of him as a real blazing burner type guy, I just thought he was quick and agile when returning kicks.

DChess...youre the man!
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

Wow, Justin Miller as winning that is pretty good. When I think of Miller though, I think physical. I think this drops any questions about whether we should keep him or not.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

He beat D-Hall, beautiful.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
The next time I want your opinion, I'll ask my neighbours pet pig. I'll get twice the intelligence, and half the squealing.

Wait, you **** pigs?

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

J-Mil!!

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Truthfully, I dont think we should be looking for a HB in the secound round this year. The draft class for RB this year is fairly weak this year and there isn't much difference in rounds 2-5. If we do go RB, it should be in the later rounds. Someone I would look for is Kolby Smith. Typicall power back but was in the wrong system in college or Tyrone Moss. What do you guys think?

You know nothing about ball and about differentiating about players if you say there is no difference between hunt and smith and or Dwanye Wright he will be an impaxt back. The Jets need a RB and people down play this bc of our success this year, BUT we need a punder bc Washington was tired at the end of our season. WE HAVE A LOT OF NEEDS ESPERCIALLY AS A JETS FAN DONT CLAIM FACTS El$anDollah...
ie (BLAIR THOMAS: REGGIE BUSH OF 80'S-90'S AND HE SUCKED)
PROJECT:........... It;s our JETS we know how we have to build.

2008 & 2009 SB CHAMPS

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
Quote:

Just kidding 8)

I don't want Jones. We have such a young line, why would we make a move for an old RB, especially when we could get a good young running back from the draft?

because you drafted leon washington as a young back, and thomas jones isnt really that old....plus its not always a bad idea to bring in some experienced veterans on the team...that gives you that last strong piece to an already young and potent offense....then you can draft defense for impact players...just a thought though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrone Moss would be a nice mid-round option, as would DeShawn Wynn who I think I would like more than Moss in the mid rounds. Wynn has a ton of potential IMO and would be an excellent pickup. It's hard to say that picking up a RB in the second would or wouldn't make sense, we have yet to see how everyone runs, and most importantly who is available. I think at each selection we choose the best player at a position of need available, and if nobody on the board is appealing we trade down.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

Exactly my point,hcbrad08. The jets have to many needs to look for their workhorse. Many people agree that this years RB class with the exeption of AD and Lynch is weak. I agree that are some major differences between rd 2 and 5 but because of the weak class, there isn't a landsliding difference as in previous years. Besides, would anyone want 2 young, developing RB to aid in pass protection.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
C-Thomas

Quote:
Exactly my point,hcbrad08. The jets have to many needs to look for their workhorse. Many people agree that this years RB class with the exeption of AD and Lynch is weak. I agree that are some major differences between rd 2 and 5 but because of the weak class, there isn't a landsliding difference as in previous years. Besides, would anyone want 2 young, developing RB to aid in pass protection.

exactly...especially since chad was sacked somethin like 30 times, now im not putting that all on the RBs but having a thomas jones or a jamal lewis for a year or two while be build up the defense and offense around them isn't a terrible idea...i definately believe that adding to the defense, stopping more of the 3rd and outs and getting our boys the ball more on offense will put more points on the board then drafting a young back would