Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
This kind of **** happens on a daily basis, no reason to print it just because he did it.
I'm quite aware that a number of less high-profile do good deeds every single day, but Romo just happens to be in a situation where everything he does is going to be in the news, good or bad, it just comes with the territory. And I know you hate Romo and you'll question his motives to the death, but isn't there a small possibility that he is genuinely just a good guy?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

I will admit......I am not a huge fan of Tony, but I don't think we should make this any bigger than it really is.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:07 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Yeah, it was a pretty nice insight in to some of the players. I assume you read it as well?
Nope, I'm going up to the local mall on Nov. 23rd to get it and his autograph.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Damn it, now I like Tony Romo.
rofl I feel the same way
Old 11-22-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will admit......I am not a huge fan of Tony, but I don't think we should make this any bigger than it really is.
No one is making a big deal about it, i put this up just as a nice read about someone high up that didnt let all the attention go to his head. And he didnt do it for media because he didnt comment on any of it. Did you read the article?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
No one is making a big deal about it, i put this up just as a nice read about someone high up that didnt let all the attention go to his head. And he didnt do it for media because he didnt comment on any of it. Did you read the article?
You don't get it. Never mind.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think your making a bigger deal out of it then anyone, it's a good story and a nice gesture end of story, who has made more out of it then that? Not one person has insinuated that Romo was the first or last person to do something nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think your making a bigger deal out of it then anyone, it's a good story and a nice gesture end of story, who has made more out of it then that? Not one person has insinuated that Romo was the first or last person to do something nice.
Just when I thought I was done for the night.

It shouldn't have been a story. That is all I am saying. Obviously I can't control whoever publishes such things, but I will still say it, no matter how futile it is.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice gesture. Doesn't change any of my overall opinion of him. The thing is, though, I have an overall good opinion of him. While this was a cool thing to do, it's not earth-shaking. Plenty of NFL players give to and work with charities. Not saying it's bad or anything, but it's common. Heck, in the grand scheme of things, helping a guy see a movie <<<<< helping a charity for people with diseases.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Nice gesture. Doesn't change any of my overall opinion of him. The thing is, though, I have an overall good opinion of him. While this was a cool thing to do, it's not earth-shaking. Plenty of NFL players give to and work with charities. Not saying it's bad or anything, but it's common. Heck, in the grand scheme of things, helping a guy see a movie <<<<< helping a charity for people with diseases.
Like this and this?

That was a pretty light search, too. You're not really implying he doesn't do those things, but I'm posting regardless.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Like this and this?

That was a pretty light search, too. You're not really implying he doesn't do those things, but I'm posting regardless.
Hello Ward.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Hello Ward.
Is this going to be awkward? Like when you run into a one night stand awkward? Like accidentally seeing grandma naked awkward?
Old 11-22-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this going to be awkward? Like when you run into a one night stand awkward? Like accidentally seeing grandma naked awkward?
I'm not sure, everytime I see your grandma naked it's deliberate.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love him more, but I'm not really sure I can beat the shrine in my closet.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo is a good guy. Its unfoutunate though that he is confirming that Nice guys don't win anything since the he hasn't won a playoff game.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like this and this?

I know you're not really arguing with me, but that re-inforces my point. He does all these good things - why get particularly warm and fuzzy over him giving a dude a movie ticket?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-22-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I know you're not really arguing with me, but that re-inforces my point. He does all these good things - why get particularly warm and fuzzy over him giving a dude a movie ticket?
I hope no one's assuming blame is on him asking for this story to be big. If I understand the details correctly Romo wasn't going to say anything to the media about it.

Also, I think that being a celebrity automatically makes even something as small as that newsworthy. I don't think this is a small thing to do, regardless of celebrity status. I'm willing to bet 99% of Americans aren't out touching someone less fortunate's life every day.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I hope no one's assuming blame is on him asking for this story to be big. If I understand the details correctly Romo wasn't going to say anything to the media about it.

Also, I think that being a celebrity automatically makes even something as small as that newsworthy. I don't think this is a small thing to do, regardless of celebrity status. I'm willing to bet 99% of Americans aren't out touching someone less fortunate's life every day.
Agreed. I just think that if we make a big deal of celebrity's charitable actions, there's bigger stuff to make a deal out of. Although it's hard to quantify what's a bigger deal than something else is if it all makes news anyways, so my point could be moot.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-22-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
The NFL has a lot of great people that give back and do things more significant than buying a movie ticket.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the Charity stuff or the NFL commercials that show people building houses and things are structured and somewhat expected, at least to me. It's the same stuff you hear all the time.

In this instance, and with the tire changing story, it sticks out because it isn't structured. It isn't a sponsored event that is supposed to be publicized. It's kind of a cool story.

He's a better man than me, I can say that much.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it has more to do with the fact that the Charity stuff or the NFL commercials that show people building houses and things are structured and somewhat expected, at least to me. It's the same stuff you hear all the time.

In this instance, and with the tire changing story, it sticks out because it isn't structured. It isn't a sponsored event that is supposed to be publicized. It's kind of a cool story.

He's a better man than me, I can say that much.
I agree 100% with this. While certainly donating thousands of dollars to a charity is "giving up" a lot more than just a single movie ticket, it's in front of cameras and there are usually people behind the curtain helping you out with your decision.

I hate to be cynical but in my experience there are a lot of people who don't really sacrifice much by donating tons of money to a charity.

Also, money is the least of most celebrities worries. On the other hand, time is valuable to all people. From what I gather, Romo was about to see a movie with one (or multiple) of his friends. By inviting this complete stranger he puts his time at "risk" (I loosely use the word risk, but at the same time it's possible for his night to be ruined by an annoying fan).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote