Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-24-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Don't be surprised if Michael Turner doesn't make the Pro Bowl.

At this point Michael Turner deserves to be one of the 3 RB's on the NFC's Pro Bowl team in Febuary. That's not even debateable. However, that doesn't mean he'll make it. Here's why:

-First of all there are 2 locks in the NFC: Portis and Peterson. They will be on the NFC Pro Bowl team without a doubt.

-Turner is 3rd in the NFC in rushing yards and first in the NFL in rushing TD's, BUT look at three other candidates: Brandon Jacobs, Matt Forte, Marion Barber. All three of these guys play in bigger media markets and stand a good chance of getting more fan votes. Jacobs is the biggest threat because he's having a good year for a great team. Barber will get Cowboy fanboy votes and Forte is a long shot who will get the benefit of Chicago votes.

Thoughts?
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree. Turner is electrifying to watch. He is a beast. He is the one that lights up the TV screen when we are watching the highlights from Sunday. Barber is garbage. Forte is young. I think Jacobs would be the biggest competition for him.

Good luck this year Falcons! For once I'm actually rooting for you guys to make it pretty far.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I disagree. Turner is electrifying to watch. He is a beast. He is the one that lights up the TV screen when we are watching the highlights from Sunday. Barber is garbage. Forte is young. I think Jacobs would be the biggest competition for him.

Good luck this year Falcons! For once I'm actually rooting for you guys to make it pretty far.
I dont know what you're disagreeing to, maybe you read it wrong. The man is absolutely right. Probowls are not done by performence but by votes, and Turner probably wont get in because of that.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's ok because the Pro Bowl is a joke and all real football fans know Turner is a BEAST! plus being behind AD and Portis makes it tough. Especially with other studs in the NFC at RB.

Like seriously, what? 11? cowboys made the pro bowl last year? I know it's fun to see your boys in Hawaii, but remember, the Giants only had one last year!

A little of topic, but with Matty Ice, the burner and norwood as a nice duo, Jenkins and White, you guys are looking good for the future. Carolina is having, IMO, a flukey year so this will be tough for the Falcons to get to the playoffs this year, but you guys are a team to be reckoned with down the road. very nicely done turnaround I must say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's ok because the Pro Bowl is a joke and all real football fans know Turner is a BEAST! plus being behind AD and Portis makes it tough. Especially with other studs in the NFC at RB.

Like seriously, what? 11? cowboys made the pro bowl last year? I know it's fun to see your boys in Hawaii, but remember, the Giants only had one last year!

A little of topic, but with Matty Ice, the burner and norwood as a nice duo, Jenkins and White, you guys are looking good for the future. Carolina is having, IMO, a flukey year so this will be tough for the Falcons to get to the playoffs this year, but you guys are a team to be reckoned with down the road. very nicely done turnaround I must say.
Preciate it man, we are enjoying it as well. Honestly I couldnt ask for more as we control our own destiny to get in the playoffs and possibly win the division. We got a struggling Chargers team on the road, Saints again, a tough Vikings game on the road, Tampa in the dome and a worthless Rams team to end it.

If you look at the those games we should at worst be 9-7, w/ the chance of being 11-5.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

Greatly put on how pro bowl is a joke. It's just a big popularity contest. Same with any other sport. Yao Ming could make a probowl of the practice squad if he played football.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If he doesn't then I will lose all respect for the Pro Bowl. The little I have left that is after someone like Marion Barber made it last year
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is forte a long shot?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he has earned it this year, but I would'nt be suprised if he didn't make it either. Same situation with my team.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Why is forte a long shot?
He's defenetly a long shot as of now and i would be pissed if he got in over Turner,
...and dont call me a homer now.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 11-25-2008 at 10:42 PM.