Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-25-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have seen Ready to Rumble way too many times considering how bad it is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All right, I'll try not to give away any spoilers if possible. I'm going to preface this by saying everything here is my opinion and if you disagree, you can go suck a big one. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (will henceforth be referred to simply as Button) is just simply astounding. In the 166 minute run time, it takes you through the fascinating life of an odd man. Surely if you are reading this I don't need to tell you the plot, so I'll omit that. Brad Pitt gives one of if not the best performance of his life as the titular character. The role itself is already an odd one for any actor who's skilled at his craft, but Pitt nails it. He takes you on this roller coaster of a life that Button has, and because the movie is told from the perspective of his personal journal he does not exclude any detail. If he doesn't even get a nomination (which some Oscar critics are predicting) it will be a damn travesty. Cate Blanchett undoubtedly gives the best performance of her life, portraying Daisy. She is in this roller coaster of a life all the way through, as she is the love interest of Button. And we see her at a variety of aging, and all the way through she as well just shows her wide range of emotion and acting finesse if you will. She, on the other hand should take Best Actress easily. One of the best roles (and my favorite) in the film is that of Queenie, Benjamin's de facto mother. Played by Taraji P. Henson, she gives a magnificent performance, though her character on the surface seems like the typical sassy black woman, her character has so much depth whether it's her desperation for a child that leads her to take in Benjamin in the first place (due to her having apparent issues in conceiving). She absolutely deserves a nomination as Best Supporting Actress. And now to what really makes the movie, one of my favorite directors working in Hollywood today, David Fincher. To say this movie is gorgeous deserves a kidney punch, the visuals in this movie is breathtaking for lack of a better word. The CGI never feels too unnatural, and a lot of CGI is needed for the "earlier" years of Button. The cinematography is unreal in this movie, the places they found perfectly fit the era. The score seamlessly transitions you from scene to scene. The editing is beautiful, and the makeup for the movie is truly astounding. The movie itself just pulls at every heart string you have, and pulls some you didn't even know a movie could elicit from you. For everyone who sees this movie, I will pay you a nickel if you're not close to, if not in tears by the time the credits roll. Yes, I'll say it, I cried at least twice during this movie. The only real flaw to this move, is there are some unnecessary parts of comedic relief (given that it's such a serious movie), but it's a small flaw at that. The movie is amazing, and I for one will again be taking my silly little ass to the theater (along with all the friends that I can drag) on Christmas Day to watch the best movie of the year (so far for me, but I doubt anything will top it).

Score: 10/10

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. And what exactly are the critics predicting, that he will get a nomination or that he'll be snubbed?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Awesome. And what exactly are the critics predicting, that he will get a nomination or that he'll be snubbed?
Some are saying he won't even get a nomination, hence the travesty.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That doesnt surprise me at all...I hate you even more for seeing it so early! It sounds fantastic and I will definately be going to see it as soon as it comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Guilty pleasure. haha.

I will rule you!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching Troll 2 right now. Pray for my soul.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm watching Troll 2 right now. Pray for my soul.
I was actually about to watch Troll 1 and then move on to Troll 2. I am in the mood for a so bad it's good movie which is why I opted for Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I have already seen the movie multiple times but I am about to watch it with a couple people who have never seen it. They are in for an awesome time.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

They're eating her....and then they're going to eat me....o my god!
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been about 15 minutes in to this movie and it's easily the worst acting I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure someone was like.... "I feel like making the worst movie ever."
Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which one is it that they play the same music over and over and over again...is that 2?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Which one is it that they play the same music over and over and over again...is that 2?
Yes, troll 2.

Quote:
the musical score consists of only a few synthesized themes repeated numerous times.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haha....ugh, I would never want to relive that crap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-25-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I was actually about to watch Troll 1 and then move on to Troll 2. I am in the mood for a so bad it's good movie which is why I opted for Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I have already seen the movie multiple times but I am about to watch it with a couple people who have never seen it. They are in for an awesome time.
They sure are. Killer Klowns is a great watch. And Debbie is a babe.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

A brother lived through Troll 2 and still came out with a brain left. Can I get an amen?!?!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Just a heads up but Cool Runnings is currently airing on TBS. Do it.
Wow, great movie...havent seen it for way to long.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best horror movie ever is The Ginger Dead Man starring Gary Busey as a 12 inch tall murderous cookie. What makes it even better is the fact that it is ridiculously short at just over an hour long.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Just a heads up but Cool Runnings is currently airing on TBS. Do it.
My favorite film as a young'n. Just priceless.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
How did I miss this post?

I've seen it probably 10+ times.

WRESTLING'S NOT FAAAAKKKEE!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I blame that movie for the end of WCW
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I blame that movie for the end of WCW
I blame the end of WCW for the movie.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I just saw this movie that we talked about a while back and want to know who can guess the movie from this quote.

Person A: "What do you mean everyone?"
Person B: "EVVVVVERRRRRYYYYYONEE!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will ruuuuuuuuuuuule you

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just watched se7en. all i can say is wow. so well scripted. gotta be one of the best movies i've ever seen. wow.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Alright, I just saw this movie that we talked about a while back and want to know who can guess the movie from this quote.

Person A: "What do you mean everyone?"
Person B: "EVVVVVERRRRRYYYYYONEE!"
The Professional.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote