Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:12 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
What do you think about this parlay?

Miami Fla at N Carolina St Miami Fla -1.50
Kansas v Missouri (Moneyline) Missouri
Georgia Tech at Georgia (Moneyline) Georgia
Auburn at Alabama (Moneyline) Alabama
Baltimore at Cincinnati Baltimore -7.00
Indianapolis at Cleveland Indianapolis -5.00
Pittsburgh at New England (Moneyline) Pittsburgh

$100 down
$2390.82 turnout

$1000 down
$23908.25 turnout

and if you want to get cute.

add this
W Virginia at Pittsburgh U (Over/Under) Over +49.50

$1000 down
$45643.02 turnout

"**** it, my kid has cancer"

add this
Auburn at Alabama (Over/Under) Over +41.00

$1000 down
$87136.67 turnout

conservative bet gets you....
$10 down
$871.37 turnout

In reality, a four game parlay sounds better.
I'm liking the Ravens, Colts and Steelers picks. Not a clue about the college games though. :D

wow though, $1000 down and you could grab $87k. That's what I call getting paid, I'll probably bet like that when I have a proper job (damn Uni) but for the time being conservative bets are all I have, and that went down the ******* shitter last night because of the Cards. Will have to have another one now.

Giants -3.5
Ravens -7
Colts -5
Bears +3
Bills -6.5
Steelers - moneyline

10 on it gives me 531.33 return.

but don't listen to me, I won't win. Just look at the Cardinals "tip".

Last edited by UK_Cheesehead : 11-28-2008 at 05:17 AM.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
I'm liking the Ravens, Colts and Steelers picks. Not a clue about the college games though. :D

wow though, $1000 down and you could grab $87k. That's what I call getting paid, I'll probably bet like that when I have a proper job (damn Uni) but for the time being conservative bets are all I have, and that went down the ******* shitter last night because of the Cards. Will have to have another one now.

Giants -3.5
Ravens -7
Colts -5
Bears +3
Bills -6.5
Steelers - moneyline

10 on it gives me 531.33 return.

but don't listen to me, I won't win. Just look at the Cardinals "tip".
You can make money on sure bets, so avoid too many judgment calls.

but I do like that 6 game you have there.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

9 game parlay. No spreads, 1 totals, 8 moneyline.

Georgia
Georgia Tech

Mizz
Kansas

Alabama

Auburn

Oklahoma
OK ST.

Indy
Cleveland

Buffalo
SF

Baltimore
Cincy

Miami
STL

Chicago and Minny combine for 41 and over.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-28-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason I see th Minny game being under but its a toss up at this point being that these two teams have alter offensive egos.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:43 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

What odds you gettin on that Bruce? I like the NFL games you've picked, Colts and Ravens are dead certs to me, the Bills and Dolphins should win and the Bears - Vikings game is tough to call for me, but I look at the last meeting between them and that cleared 41 easy.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What odds you gettin on that Bruce? I like the NFL games you've picked, Colts and Ravens are dead certs to me, the Bills and Dolphins should win and the Bears - Vikings game is tough to call for me, but I look at the last meeting between them and that cleared 41 easy.
Exactly. It could easily be the opposite kind of game. The last meeting installs nothing but uncertainty in this case.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
The odds? Not entirely sure tbh. I just choose some "obvious" winners.

The Vikings game wasn't my choice (my brother is splitting it with me and choose that without my consent).
Old 11-30-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post

Week 13 Lines:
11/27 12:30 ET Tennessee -11 At Detroit
11/27 4:15 ET At Dallas -12 Seattle
11/27 8:15 ET At Philadelphia -3 Arizona
11/30 4:15 ET At NY Jets -8 Denver
11/30 1:00 ET At Buffalo -6.5 San Francisco
11/30 1:00 ET At Tampa Bay -3.5 New Orleans
11/30 1:00 ET At Green Bay -3 Carolina
11/30 1:00 ET NY Giants -3.5 At Washington
11/30 1:00 ET Miami -8 At St. Louis
11/30 1:00 ET Baltimore -7 At Cincinnati
11/30 1:00 ET Indianapolis -5 At Cleveland
11/30 4:05 ET At San Diego -5 Atlanta
11/30 4:15 ET At New England -1 Pittsburgh
11/30 4:15 ET At Oakland -3 Kansas City
11/30 8:15 ET At Minnesota -3 Chicago

Monday Night Football Point Spread
12/1 8:35 ET At Houston -3 Jacksonville

The ones I bolded are the ones I'm betting on and I might parlay them. If I do parlay the three for $50 it pays a healthy 6 to 1. Is it worth it?
I lost out on the $50 dollar parlay by .5 point but KC and Pitt won me a nice 500.

So here were my bets:
KC +3 for $250 W
Pitt +1 for $250 W
Tampa Bay -3.5 for $250 L
Parlay all three for $50 L
Overall I'm up 200 on the day.
How'd everyone else do?

Last edited by tjsunstein : 11-30-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

the first college game ****** my 9 game parlay

so

yeah, I suck. I'm running a few hypothetical NBA parlays to see what % of the time I hit, so yeah, I'm considering betting on the NBA now.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 12-01-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Over 41 in the Minnesota game is looking good right now, too bad Georgia, Missouri, and Buffalo all lost. Tough week. God damn rivalry games.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
the first college game ****** my 9 game parlay

so

yeah, I suck. I'm running a few hypothetical NBA parlays to see what % of the time I hit, so yeah, I'm betting on the NBA now.
Until next sunday of course haha.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Until next sunday of course haha.
Pretty much!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:29 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

Yeah I sucked aswell.

the Bills (-6.5), Colts (-5) and Bears (+3) all screwed me. Like you say though, there's always next week haha!

btw Bruce, did you put that Ravens/Giants bet on? And did your bro stick the 2 grand on the G men? Out of everything that was the one I was most confident about.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I sucked aswell.

the Bills (-6.5), Colts (-5) and Bears (+3) all screwed me. Like you say though, there's always next week haha!

btw Bruce, did you put that Ravens/Giants bet on? And did your bro stick the 2 grand on the G men? Out of everything that was the one I was most confident about.
I never bet on the G-Men.

My older bro put 2Gs on them.

Ravens ended up being part of my parlay. (which failed horribly)

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 12-01-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I find it alot more satisfying betting on 3 individual games each week and then parlaying them. That way I'm not entirely screwed if one loses.

I'm liking Jacksonville -3 tonight for some reason. That reason, is.... drumroll..... Sage Rosenfels.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

Quote:
I find it alot more satisfying betting on 3 individual games each week and then parlaying them. That way I'm not entirely screwed if one loses.

I'm liking Jacksonville -3 tonight for some reason. That reason, is.... drumroll..... Sage Rosenfels.
Yeah I get what you mean, I go for accumulators/parlary's of like 5/6 teams in the hope that if they do win I get paid big for a pretty small fee.

Whereas what I want to do (when I get $$$) is bet big on individual games or maybe just go lucky 15's that way even as long as one wins I get paid some money back. Like I was so confident about the Giants last night but even though I was 99% sure they'd win, if they did lose it was money I couldn't afford to lose so I only bet with money I can afford to lose.

I'm liking the Texans tonight btw. (so the jags will win ;) haha! :D)
Old 12-04-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I have a feeling Chargers are a lock tonight -9..

Also this parlay for tonight..
Texas -6 vs. UCLA
Spurs +4 at Denver
Uconn -15.5 vs Buffalo
Chargers -9 vs. Oakland

Pays 10 to 1

Obviously I'm not gonna put it in until later because the line will probably change in atleast two of these games but it gives me something to root for on a Thursday night. :)

Old 12-04-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

I have no clue about college football or basketball (I think that's one of the games?) so I'll say yeah that looks good, lol. =P

But yeah, the Chargers at -9 looks a very good bet.

I think I'm going to go with:

Colts -13.5
Packers -6
Falcons +3
Patriots -5

Pays at about 10/1
Old 12-04-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I have no clue about college football or basketball (I think that's one of the games?) so I'll say yeah that looks good, lol. =P

But yeah, the Chargers at -9 looks a very good bet.

I think I'm going to go with:

Colts -13.5
Packers -6
Falcons +3
Patriots -5

Pays at about 10/1
Uconn and Texas are both College basketball..

Old 01-04-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

So I've been way off on these playoff games thus far.

20 on the Falcons with 1.5 resulted in a loss
50 on the Colts giving 2 and we know how that went