Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, looking forward to the bills-niners game. I think ive seen the bills play almost every game this season so itll be fun to see them play against my niners.
I was going to go to this game too but with school and all i don't have the time for commuting to and from Buffalo (I live in Toronto). Might go to a game in Rogers centre some time though.

Anyways, heres hoping to a good solid game with no injuries.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Hey guys, looking forward to the bills-niners game. I think ive seen the bills play almost every game this season so itll be fun to see them play against my niners.
I was going to go to this game too but with school and all i don't have the time for commuting to and from Buffalo (I live in Toronto). Might go to a game in Rogers centre some time though.

Anyways, heres hoping to a good solid game with no injuries.
agreed. thanks for dropping by. If u go to the game in toronto be sure to let us know how the atmosphere is.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I was supposed to go today but I got too drunk, fell asleep and now I'm watching it on TV

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JP is in, this game is as good as done

Old 11-30-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
JP is in, this game is as good as done
Damn right it is. San Fran doesn't stand a chance!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Damn right it is. San Fran doesn't stand a chance!
It's over *****, It's over!

Ride that all the way to the Super Bowl!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh is all I can say
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont understand this organization.
I really don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Ugh is all I can say
Yeah that about sums it all up

Old 11-30-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's getting to the point where I hope we just lose out now. I hate being that kind of fan but it's hard to think positively when we lose to San Francisco
Old 11-30-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Did I read correctly that Leodis McKelvin was burned by Isaac Bruce of all people?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, he kinda slipped a lot tho and bruce, being a good route runner, could take advantage
Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
yeah, he kinda slipped a lot tho and bruce, being a good route runner, could take advantage
Oh ok. I was about to say.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McGee even slipped while covering Bruce.
Also, on the play that McKelvin slipped on...
Bruce lined up on the outside, and did a slant toward the middle. Then, he quickly turned around and ran to the pylon in the corner of the endzone. In the process of turning, McKelvin slipped and fell.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-30-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The refs sucked

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

so, guess the draft thread will start heating up soon
Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dick Jauron needs to be fired at the end of the season. Take Turk Schornet and Perry Fewell with you please.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Bobby April for Head Coach!!

Old 12-01-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

eh, we wont fire dick and i think he is good enough. players have to play better. sure u can nitpick, he is a decent enough coach tho. Although April would be sweet, I think Juaron is fine and we need stability, firing a coach usually does more harm than good.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
eh, we wont fire dick and i think he is good enough. players have to play better. sure u can nitpick, he is a decent enough coach tho. Although April would be sweet, I think Juaron is fine and we need stability, firing a coach usually does more harm than good.
His play calling of late has been way too conservative to say the least. And our WCO attempts under Schonert have been faulty. I love Jauron and all, but it may be his time.

We also need to get Jason Peters the **** out of town.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:36 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

http://www.buffalonews.com/453/story/509598.html

Updated: 12/01/08 12:17 AM
Commentary
Jerry Sullivan: Offensive coordinator missed his calling
By Jerry Sullivan
News Sports Columnist

Sorry, but I don't know where to begin. Maybe I should waste one of my timeouts and think things over. Or better yet, why not allow one of the players, a respected and highly credible veteran, to get it started for me?

Lee Evans, what was the problem with the offense Sunday?

"It's really hard to put your finger on one thing," Evans said after the Bills' perplexing, 10-3 loss to the 49ers. "But when you get down there [the red zone], you've got to have a certain attitude that you have to get in the end zone. You let your linemen be your linemen and you let Marshawn [Lynch] do his thing. We really didn't have a whole lot of balance down there, and it cost us."

Uh, Lee, you put your finger right on the problem. There's plenty to criticize about this mind-blowing loss. I can't believe I'm saying this, just two weeks after the fact, but it was worse than the Cleveland loss on Monday night. In terms of offensive futility, squandered opportunities and dumb coaching, it ranks with the worst home losses in recent times.

But this one comes down to the play calling in the red zone, and to offensive coordinator Turk Schonert. We had such high hopes for Schonert, who seemed like a refreshing departure from his predecessors in the job and, until recently, had managed to avoid being the most criticized man in town.

It's open season now. Evans took his shots. His teammates were muttering veiled criticisms of the play calling. That's good, because at some point it's not enough for Joe Twelvepack to spew second-guesses at his wide-screen TV. When the players are howling along with the masses, you know there's a problem.

Really, what was Schonert thinking on second-and-goal at San Francisco's 2-yard line midway through the second quarter?

The Bills were in the midst of an 18-play drive that had carried over from the end of the first quarter and dragged on for more than eight minutes. The 49ers' linemen were beaten and exhausted. The Bills' offensive linemen were pushing them all over the field and having one of their best games of the season. Trent Edwards had a sore groin.

So what do they do? With 2 yards to go and three plays to gain them, Schonert calls for a pass on second down. It was tipped at the line and fell incomplete. And on third down, what inspired genius followed? Trent Edwards rolled out to his right, couldn't find anyone open, and had to throw the ball away.

Rian Lindell then plunked a 20-yard field goal off the left upright, his first miss inside 40 yards in 53 tries. They come away with zero points. Edwards gets some of the blame for calling an audible on the third-down pass. But it's the coaches' job to insist on a run. And the second-down pass was a soft, inexcusable call.

"That's an example right there," Evans said. "I think we had all the momentum running the football. We ran the ball to get down there. The line had a good rhythm, had a good feel, and Marshawn as well."

They could have gathered some momentum if they had won this game. The Bills could have been 7-5, riding a modest two-game winning streak and harboring playoff hopes. Now they're 6-6. They've lost five of six, three straight at home!

Playoffs? They've lost consecutive home games to the Browns and 49ers — bad teams. The Bills aren't a playoff contender. Right now, they're one of the worst half-dozen teams in the NFL. They're good enough to blow out Kansas City. Who else would they beat now? Detroit, St. Louis ... Cincinnati, perhaps?

They wasted a sensational performance from Lynch, who ran 16 times for 134 yards, a staggering 8.4 yards a carry. Wait a second, haven't I seen those numbers before? I've got it. Thurman Thomas in the Giants Super Bowl. He went 15 for 135 that day. And what have Bills fans been screeching ever since?

Why didn't he run more?

Yeah, do you think they might have handed off to Lynch a time or two more, considering that he was running with more determination than a Wal-Mart shopper on Black Friday?

What do you suppose the coaches think when they see 16 for 134 on the stat sheet? That assumes, of course, that the offensive staff was thinking at all Sunday.

They wasted four more timeouts, three on offense and one on special teams. What do these guys do with their 16-hour days at One Bills Drive, if they can't get the players and personnel on and off the field in time? Christmas shopping online?

Early in the fourth quarter, the Bills were on the march again. J.P. Losman was the QB now, with Edwards sidelined by a sore groin. On third-and-1 from the 49ers' 6-yard line, Fred Jackson lost a yard (why it wasn't Lynch, I have no idea). Then, with the play clock winding down, Losman had to call timeout on fourth-and-2.

There were several options. With 10:05 left, a field goal would have been acceptable. Considering his success to that point, handing off to Lynch would have been OK. The Bills went for the pass. Losman was chased out of the pocket and underthrew the ball to Evans. Again, no points.

The 49ers wouldn't quit. They kept bungling situations and handing the ball back to the Bills, inviting them to come back and win. After all, no West Coast team had won in the Eastern time zone this year. The Bills had every chance to keep that streak alive. But they weren't up to it.

Boy, what a dreadful game. It was even worse than those three dog games on Thanksgiving. And it was ugly afterward, with the rain falling on the disgruntled Buffalo fans as they trudged out of the stadium. As the Bills went out the tunnel, fans threw cups and plastic bottles and called for Lindell to retire.

A year ago at this time, they were also 6-6 and looking ahead to a home game against Miami. They were seen as plucky overachievers. This is a different sort of 6-6, a sad, dysfunctional mess. Maybe it's better that next week's home game against the Dolphins will be played in Toronto.

"I mean, the record speaks for itself," Evans said. "You can't say that you're one thing and show up on the field and be something else. We are a .500 football team. That's what we are."

After the great start, it's hard to believe they're a .500 team. Even harder to swallow, I suppose, is the fact that they're even worse than that.

jsullivan@buffnews.com

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-01-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Bobby April for Head Coach!!
Hear hear!
Promote AVP to OC. He knows all about doing something crazy on the first play. And is well-versed in GIVING THE BALL TO THE RB!
Fewell can stay, I guess. Or just let April roll his coverage units on D.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

So guys, where do you see us picking and what do you think we go after? I think we're somewhere around 15. I'd say we need either an OL or a OLB but that's just me. If we can manage to trade Jason Peters I'd think he'd go after the best available OT there. If not I think we possibly reach a bit for Duke Robinson
Old 12-01-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am just stoping by to admit I was wrong about McGahee. I should have listend to you guys, what you said about him was right.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
So guys, where do you see us picking and what do you think we go after? I think we're somewhere around 15. I'd say we need either an OL or a OLB but that's just me. If we can manage to trade Jason Peters I'd think he'd go after the best available OT there. If not I think we possibly reach a bit for Duke Robinson
I think we're going to stay consistent with the past two seasons and pick about 11 or 12.
It seems as if there are so many holes on this team I don't even know where to begin?

But, getting a new Head Coach should be first priority.

Quote:
Quote: