Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-30-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Don't look now, but we have the 2nd WC spot right now

Standings

It shows the Cowboys have the 6th spot, but we have the better NFC record, so that would put us in playoffs right now (I am pretty sure). This is pretty unreal.

Also, I would like to take time out and give a great amount of props to our defense, which is currently 8th in scoring defense. They held the high powered Chargers offense to what, 10 points? The Saints also had about 13 points.

Also, check out Ryan's stats in my sig. White is 1st in the NFL in receiving yards (A. Johnson hasnt played yet though. he will probably be 2nd after tomorrow).

Big game against the Saints this upcoming Sunday. Division game, but more importantly, conference game.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I look at it is that the Falcons like need to finish no less than 2-2 in the final 4 games. That would make them 10-6. Also, the Falcons probably need to go no less than 1-1 over the next 2 games. Going 2-0 over the next 2 weeks would make the Falcons 10-4 with games against Minny and the Rams left. That would make them a pretty safe bet to make the playoffs.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

Mekias hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It'll be interesting to see how the Saints come out and play on Sunday. They basically shot themselves in the leg (sorry Plax) by losing to TB.

I wouldn't count on Carolina, TB, or Dallas losing games. We need to go out there and take care of business ourselves. The game at home against TB is the most crucial game left but they are all pivotal. 11-5 should get it done. 10-6 means we'd have to get a little lucky to make the playoffs.
Mekias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Have to win the next two. I think that 10-6 teams will be sitting at home in January.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well first off we must win against NO. This coming up Monday night is a win win. TB and CAR play each other and I believe we need CAR to win, considering even if they go 10-3 they still have to play the Giants and have a much tougher ending schedule than TB. Id much rather play TB w/ us both being 9-4 and playing that game for the lead in the division.

Dallas on the other hand is gonna have a brutal road. PITT, GIANTS, BAL, EAGLES. Thats pretty tough.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have the panthers losing though, we have a better shot at making the playoffs and it doesnt matter if TB takes the division.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Monday and our hopes:

Carolina Wins: Easier for us to get the division title. The Bucs take a hit, and if we beat the Bucs, they take another hit. Carolina has a brutal schedule and may trip up. Falcons have the opportunity to take the division.

Tampa Wins: Easier for us to get the 2nd WC. Carolina has been inconsistent. They take a costly L in the NFC and still have to face the Giants, among other good teams. Let TB take the crown, and let Carolina stumble down the stretch.

Win Win situation for us. I do not prefer any right now, but all I ask is that we perform well in these upcoming games. Every single one of them is winnable and we 'should' go at least 3-1. This team HAS to continue the 1 game at a time mentality and not let the big picture affect them. I love Mike Smith for employing such a mindset. This team comes out to play every week and gives it their all, never getting caught up in the Ws and who the next opponent is (except the DEN game). If we can have that mentality, winning out is in the picture as well. Its all up to how Mike Smith and the team gameplans these last 4 weeks.

And if we can get into the playoffs, the only team that scares me are the Giants. We have a decent shot at every other team. Cowboys scare me too, but their schedule is brutal.

Okay. I need to calm down.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote