Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-10-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

back during the draft Clayton was a great prospect. I remember Torry Holt had a page and 1/2 of why he is the best WR prospect in the draft. I really do think he can develop into a good #2 or #3.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the presence of Mason is what is holding him back, I don't think 2 WR's of the same playing exact playing style can succeed together without one or the other getting the majority of plays toward him. I think since D-Mase is the veteran and reliable is why Flacco is always looking for him on third down. I think once Mason is gone, Clayton can fill his role nicely.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I said this earlier but I'll say it again. I can't understand why we took
Mark Clayton over Roddy White or Reggie Brown

But some other interesting players we passed on are

24 Aaron Rodgers QB California Green Bay Packers
28 Luis Castillo DE Northwestern San Diego Chargers
32 Logan Mankins G Fresno State New England Patriots
Never thought, that Logan Mankins would be a first Rounder! But nice Pick from the Patriots.

And Luis Castillo? The D-Line was pretty good this year!

And don`t worry, the time for Mark will come!

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think once D-Mase is gone, Clayton should be the exact copy. Maybe tomorrow if Derrick gets limited action. I expect him to be exactly like Mason.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I think once D-Mase is gone, Clayton should be the exact copy. Maybe tomorrow if Derrick gets limited action. I expect him to be exactly like Mason.
Maybe play like him..but he can't play like him..
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's foolish how most Ravens fans think Mark Clayton is a clone to D-mase and that without Dmase now and long term that Clayton will bring exactly what he does. Sure they have similar size but Clayton is not even close to Mason right now. You can make the excuse all you want that Mason is holding him back, but fact of the matter is that he is still a starter for us. Mason gets open and makes tough catches, Clayton doesn't. With Mason out he will even have more coverage rolled toward him so I can't see how it will make a difference. If he can't exploit 1 on 1 coverages on #2 and nickel corners, what makes you all think he will on #1 corners and occasional double teams.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at how Mason played last week injured, Clayton could never do that or would even attempt it...Clayton has done nothing yet, hes a little more visible than last year, but come on....I wasn't even sure he still played for us last year...
Old 11-16-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

you guys make strong points but Im saying all this about Clayton only because of how he stepped up when Mason went out for the 1st half of the Texans game. I believe if he can keep playing like that when Masons not in the game we will be fine. But he's gatta be consistent, thats what has been killin him all his career.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has anyone else heard the rumors that Heap,Reed,Rolle,McGahee,Scott all have not really bought into Harbuagh yet? Personally I think its the media trying to stir something up. McGahee has came out and said he has bought into the system and if Reed didnt buy in then he would have went on IR because he has a serious injury.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I said this earlier but I'll say it again. I can't understand why we took
Mark Clayton over Roddy White or Reggie Brown

But some other interesting players we passed on are

24 Aaron Rodgers QB California Green Bay Packers
28 Luis Castillo DE Northwestern San Diego Chargers
32 Logan Mankins G Fresno State New England Patriots

Man if we took Nnamdi Asomugha over Kyle Boller but who knew.
Laveranues Coles was the only player worth it at Wideout.

Players that would have been nice picks. But we had the best LB core
13 John Abraham LB South Carolina New York Jets
16 Julian Peterson LB Michigan State San Francisco 49ers
30 Keith Bulluck LB Syracuse Tennessee Titans
i mean... its really easy to say that in hindsight... but seriously.... did you think this back then?

i really liked both mark clayton and roddy white and i was happy with either... roddy probably would have made more sense cause we picked up dmason,but at the time... you cant blame the ravens...
wat i liked about roddy was wat i like about clayton... both are talented receivers with good character

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
has anyone else heard the rumors that Heap,Reed,Rolle,McGahee,Scott all have not really bought into Harbuagh yet? Personally I think its the media trying to stir something up. McGahee has came out and said he has bought into the system and if Reed didnt buy in then he would have went on IR because he has a serious injury.
hmm
interesting list cause all of the players named are having semi-down year statistically...

honestly, i feel like john harbuagh is a leader who had won over the locker room.... i mean, that list doesnt include ray ray... and ray owns the locker room, so he has the backing of THE man

Go Ravens!
Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
hmm
interesting list cause all of the players named are having semi-down year statistically...

honestly, i feel like john harbuagh is a leader who had won over the locker room.... i mean, that list doesnt include ray ray... and ray owns the locker room, so he has the backing of THE man
Yeah, Im not really buying into Reed, Heap, Rolle, or Scott. If they didnt agree with Harbaugh earlier I could understand that but after seeing him lead this team to a 8-4 record I think they would probably change there thoughts on him. I did hear however McAlister and McGahee never liked Harbaugh and didnt show that they were committed to the team and there new philosphy. I can believe McAlister because hes now on IR and even before that, he didnt play in all the games. I do think he might be done as a Raven. In my opinion, I think Harbaughs way of coaching is a great way to approach the game. They focus on nothing but there opponent for the upcoming week. They don't dwell over losses and overjoy on there wins, no matter how close the game was for how much they dominated. They simply put it behind them and move on. I think it has worked great and will continue to do so. I can't see how players wouldnt be happy with it.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Yeah, Im not really buying into Reed, Heap, Rolle, or Scott. If they didnt agree with Harbaugh earlier I could understand that but after seeing him lead this team to a 8-4 record I think they would probably change there thoughts on him. I did hear however McAlister and McGahee never liked Harbaugh and didnt show that they were committed to the team and there new philosphy. I can believe McAlister because hes now on IR and even before that, he didnt play in all the games. I do think he might be done as a Raven. In my opinion, I think Harbaughs way of coaching is a great way to approach the game. They focus on nothing but there opponent for the upcoming week. They don't dwell over losses and overjoy on there wins, no matter how close the game was for how much they dominated. They simply put it behind them and move on. I think it has worked great and will continue to do so. I can't see how players wouldnt be happy with it.
this approach is the reason why, IMO, we've dominated all the weak teams we've played.

Go Ravens!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

^ Yeah, Harbaughs a smart guy, this is the NFL, and any given day an NFL team can beat ya. He realizes that and makes it known throughout the whole team. Im sure we will not overlook Washington 1 bit. I love Harbaughs philosiphy. Maybe thats what Ozzie and Steve saw in him that made them sign him as HC.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes I think Harbuagh is a great HC.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

really random
but hows the weather in baltimore?
havent been home since august

going home in 1.5 weeks! woot

Go Ravens!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
really random
but hows the weather in baltimore?
havent been home since august

going home in 1.5 weeks! woot
Pretty cold...pretty cold...
Old 12-10-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Out of no where it got 40 degrees warmer today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be cold.

I just got my senior week house set up, does anybody have any stories/suggestions/comments about SR week. Its a house w/ 10 guys so it will be a miracle if we can get our deposit back.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Out of no where it got 40 degrees warmer today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be cold.

I just got my senior week house set up, does anybody have any stories/suggestions/comments about SR week. Its a house w/ 10 guys so it will be a miracle if we can get our deposit back.
Don't drink and drive!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

o yea 2 kids in my grade already got DUI. Ones dad was a high up police officer to and his bro is a cop as well. I mean our main transportation will be the bus, that is the great thing about OC the bus system. That bus system wouldnt work at other vacation spots, but the way OC is built is so nice.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes I think Harbuagh is a great HC.

yea harbuagh is nice im impressed go ravens
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell Suggs is crushing Anita Marks on his show right now for all her moronic comments. I LOVE IT! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

nice I never really liked her. I would much rather get someone who grew up here and lives and breathes baltimore sports, not some womens QB turned playboy model using baltimore to springboard herself to a national radio broadcast.

I love the location BigDawg.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
nice I never really liked her. I would much rather get someone who grew up here and lives and breathes baltimore sports, not some womens QB turned playboy model using baltimore to springboard herself to a national radio broadcast.

I love the location BigDawg.
Times change and people change. My only stipulation for Joe was to limit the turnovers, and since he seems content on that then I'll hold up my end and root for the kid. I support the Purple proudly and so does he. That said I still would have preferred Matty Ice but I'm not disappointed in Joe Cool.

As for Anita, GO BACK TO MIAMI YOU FRAUD! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before I get too pumped, good luck on Sunday fellas. Should be an old fashion slug fest. I hope I get to see the exciting game. First one to 10 wins?