Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 10 year extension doesn't mean anything. It's all going to depend on how much the buyout is.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's making over a million this year. His family likes it here and so does he. He has a disabled child and i don't think he really wnats to move him around the country. Right now he plans on staying here in his contract he is working out what new facilities he wants put in. Pretty much everyone thinks that BSU is going to the MWC this spring which will help him build the program even more. Peterson is in Boise and is here to stay.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also if he has any family values he would stay here where they want to be.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading today's San Diego Union Tribune says SDSU's leading candidate is Glen Mason formerly of Minnesota. They are also interested in Utah's DC Gary Andersen, but he's likely going after the Utah St. position
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

where was Glen Mason all year? i heard a rumor that he was coaching a highschool team this year, no real sources but it sounds familiar. Anyone have any info on what he has been doing this last year or so?
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:44 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
where was Glen Mason all year? i heard a rumor that he was coaching a highschool team this year, no real sources but it sounds familiar. Anyone have any info on what he has been doing this last year or so?
He was on Big 10 Network I think
Old 12-04-2008, 04:58 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Mason

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Completely idiotic move by Auburn. I wouldn't be surprised if Mississippi State offers him a job to keep him in the SEC and have him build that program up.

Word is that Auburn is going after Mike Leach. I think the better move would be to go after Turner Gill or Brian Kelly.

God i really hope so i would love Tuberville here. Although I don't think he will I think he'll prolly take a year off

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
God i really hope so i would love Tuberville here. Although I don't think he will I think he'll prolly take a year off
EDIT: Never mind, wrong sport.

Tuberville would be a good hire though.

Last edited by Sniper : 12-04-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chances Kragthorpe gets fired if he loses to rutgers tonight? Took an orange bowl champion to a 6-6 season and 5-11 seasons, back to back. Will he be fired? and who will replace him if he is?
Old 12-04-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Toledo hires Oklahoma State DC Tim Beckman to be their new head coach. I don't know if I'd want anyone in charge of a Big 12 defense as my head coach right now. Every game has been like 45-42 in recent weeks.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Toledo hires Oklahoma State DC Tim Beckman to be their new head coach. I don't know if I'd want anyone in charge of a Big 12 defense as my head coach right now. Every game has been like 45-42 in recent weeks.
His defenses have usually played well but you're right, a shootout every week doesn't make me confident in a DC ability.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

"Auburn's wish list could include Texas Tech's Mike Leach and Louisiana Tech's Derek Dooley, and Tulsa's Todd Graham and TCU's Gary Patterson are interested and will be considered by Auburn, sources told Schad. Current coaches-in-waiting Jimbo Fisher of Florida State and Will Muschamp at Texas are very unlikely to pursue the opening, although they haven't been ruled out entirely, the sources said."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3744885

The article also talks about how shocked the Auburn AD was that Tuberville resigned and how he tried to talk him out of it but that the reason Tuberville resigned is that he had lost the trust of some key members of the Board of Trustees.

I fail to see how anyone they could go after would be better than Tuberville.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
"Auburn's wish list could include Texas Tech's Mike Leach and Louisiana Tech's Derek Dooley, and Tulsa's Todd Graham and TCU's Gary Patterson are interested and will be considered by Auburn, sources told Schad. Current coaches-in-waiting Jimbo Fisher of Florida State and Will Muschamp at Texas are very unlikely to pursue the opening, although they haven't been ruled out entirely, the sources said."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3744885

The article also talks about how shocked the Auburn AD was that Tuberville resigned and how he tried to talk him out of it but that the reason Tuberville resigned is that he had lost the trust of some key members of the Board of Trustees.

I fail to see how anyone they could go after would be better than Tuberville.
Agreed. Bring back Terry Bowden!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3745354

Mike Leach and Pat Hill withdraw from the Washington HC job search. Looks like Washington will likely have to settle for whatever's left
Old 12-04-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Where does Tyrone Willingham end up?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Chances Kragthorpe gets fired if he loses to rutgers tonight? Took an orange bowl champion to a 6-6 season and 5-11 seasons, back to back. Will he be fired? and who will replace him if he is?
The current rumor is that if he loses he will resign. The rumors going around currently that his replacement would be either Steve Mariucci, Scott Linehan, Ron English or some people say Tuberville is also a possibility.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Whichever school is looking for a public relations gift
Old 12-04-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
booth for a year or two. I guess i could see him going to a smaller school right away though.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
100%. I mean he should've been fired by now. His offense blows and he ran all the top offensive talent out of town, and he's failed in developing Hunter Cantwell. English has done a good job with the D but you expect the offense to score under Kragthorpe. Then look at Tulsa who's doing better without him. To top it all off, he looks like a complete ass on the sidelines. Louisville was one of the fastest rising teams and unless they fire Kragthorpe they will fall right back to the bottom.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
100%. I mean he should've been fired by now. His offense blows and he ran all the top offensive talent out of town, and he's failed in developing Hunter Cantwell. English has done a good job with the D but you expect the offense to score under Kragthorpe. Then look at Tulsa who's doing better without him. To top it all off, he looks like a complete ass on the sidelines. Louisville was one of the fastest rising teams and unless they fire Kragthorpe they will fall right back to the bottom.
Tulsa's doing better because Todd Dodge has thrown defense out the window and decided it's easier to outscore opponents than stop them. Kragthorpe has a more traditional offense than Dodge's super spread
Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The current rumor is that if he loses he will resign. The rumors going around currently that his replacement would be either Steve Mariucci, Scott Linehan, Ron English or some people say Tuberville is also a possibility.
I always liked Mariucci, i would like to see him in the College game.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Sarkisian interviews for UW HC job. That would be a very good hire for UW and would be great for recruiting in the West.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...es?eref=fromSI

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Steve Sarkisian interviews for UW HC job. That would be a very good hire for UW and would be great for recruiting in the West.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...es?eref=fromSI
Wow. UW is the kind of job that will get Sarkisian to leave USC?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Wow. UW is the kind of job that will get Sarkisian to leave USC?
My question is if he does go to UW, what are the chances some offensive players follow him? If UW can lure him over, I find it a great higher. Then again, that is a big IF.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote