Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chow.com/stories/11362/

Figured I would post this here.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think most of us here know how awesome trappist brews are.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article was about a lot more than just Trappist brews. I bet the majority here who read it took something from it. Nothing but great information and recommendations for the uninformed.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
That article was about a lot more than just Trappist brews. I bet the majority here who read it took something from it. Nothing but great information and recommendations for the uninformed.
Oh, I know it wasnt but I just thought of that after reading it. I didnt mean that like, "yeah... we know! Remove thy self!" Sadly I have no way to get any of the beers from the Belgian emulating places here in America. However, after reading it I did go out and look for a Belgian restaurant in the Dallas area for when I go back home and I did indeed find one that supposedly has amazing mussels.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Oh, I know it wasnt but I just thought of that after reading it. I didnt mean that like, "yeah... we know! Remove thy self!" Sadly I have no way to get any of the beers from the Belgian emulating places here in America. However, after reading it I did go out and look for a Belgian restaurant in the Dallas area for when I go back home and I did indeed find one that supposedly has amazing mussels.
Very nice, mussels are awesome. Seafood in general is awesome. I didn't think you meant all that, but it kinda came across that way so I thought it couldn't hurt to kinda say thanks to him for posting it.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay so I drove over to Wisconsin tonight and found that Dogfish IPA. It was 8.99 for ONE 12 once beer. Is it always that expensive?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Okay so I drove over to Wisconsin tonight and found that Dogfish IPA. It was 8.99 for ONE 12 once beer. Is it always that expensive?
Yes it is. Which is another reason I like the 90 minute better. You can get a 4 pack of the 90 minute for 9.99-10.99.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
nice road trip. did ya hit up the liquor store in hudson? can't remember what it's called but i've heard of a lot of people from the wrong side of the river swinging over to hudson for beer runs.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shiner is worth over an 8 hour drive?
No, but chicago in general is worth an 8 hour drive.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I really want to visit Chicago. My friend at Northwestern has nothing but good things to say about it.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I really want to visit Chicago. My friend at Northwestern has nothing but good things to say about it.
milwaukee >>>>>>> chicago.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
milwaukee >>>>>>> chicago.
Wait, is this a serious comment, in any way shape or form?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was in Chicago this summer. To hell with Chicago and O'hare.

Quote:
nice road trip. did ya hit up the liquor store in hudson? can't remember what it's called but i've heard of a lot of people from the wrong side of the river swinging over to hudson for beer runs.
Not much of a road trip as I can see Wisconsin from my bedroom window. Didn't go to Hudson this time.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

American Ale, how is it? I'm guessing there was a discussion on it earlier but as far as Budweiser out of a bottle goes, its probably my favorite. Is American Ale as good?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Wait, is this a serious comment, in any way shape or form?
well yeah. this is the beer appreciation thread. not the 'over rated pizza and stadiums that look like spaceships' thread :)
Old 12-04-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
American Ale, how is it? I'm guessing there was a discussion on it earlier but as far as Budweiser out of a bottle goes, its probably my favorite. Is American Ale as good?
Its about as good as a anheiser-busch product can get.But still not very good.

they get smoked.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Its about as good as a anheiser-busch product can get.
id est, not good at all

Old 12-04-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was in Chicago this summer. To hell with Chicago and O'hare.
O'hare isn't even technically 'in chicago'.

There is a stretch of road between ohare and chicago 'mainland' which is actually still technically chicago.

You don't know chicago yet bub.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
O'hare isn't even technically 'in chicago'.

There is a stretch of road between ohare and chicago 'mainland' which is actually still technically chicago.

You don't know chicago yet bub.
Hence Chicago and O'hare, bub.

I'm actually mildly excited to be promoted to bub from brah.

they get smoked.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Chicago. Just not the pizza.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Hence Chicago and O'hare, bub.

I'm actually mildly excited to be promoted to bub from brah.
the loop isn't chicago though.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

according to some people, chicago represents the entire state.
-what state are you from?
-chicago.

i can't count the number of times this has happened.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I love Chicago. Just not the pizza.
chicago pizza>>> NY paper thin.

they get smoked.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
chicago pizza>>> NY paper thin.
this is why i like you.

at least it's not st. louis pizza. or pizza thats crust tastes like saltine crackers.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
according to some people, chicago represents the entire state.
-what state are you from?
-chicago.

i can't count the number of times this has happened.
chicago is the greater chicago-milwaukee-south bend-south western michigan-rockford illinois area.