Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
according to some people, chicago represents the entire state.
-what state are you from?
-chicago.

i can't count the number of times this has happened.
Those would be the uneducated people of Illinois. Chicago is a great city, but it does have a lot of issues, just as any large city does. However, there are a lot of great things that one can take part in while in Chicago.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
chicago pizza>>> NY paper thin.
So it seems you like cake with sauce on top of it, not pizza.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Those would be the uneducated people of Illinois. Chicago is a great city, but it does have a lot of issues, just as any large city does. However, there are a lot of great things that one can take part in while in Chicago.
Like being awesome.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
So it seems you like cake with sauce on top of it, not pizza.
cake with sauce > flaccid crackers with sauce

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
cake with sauce > flaccid crackers with sauce
I don't know about the flaccid part. But that is basically what pizza is.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not quite sure what kind of 'cake' you eat, but last time i checked the "cake" in cake with sauce on it tastes like dough.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago deep-dish is so good. There is a wood-fire brick oven pizza place in town that is awesome. Also, I found a chain I can tolerate: Papa Murphy's, where you take it home and bake yourself: http://www.papamurphys.com/

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
according to some people, chicago represents the entire state.
-what state are you from?
-chicago.

i can't count the number of times this has happened.
if I said I'm from Arlington Heights, would you have any idea what I was talking about? No. If I said Chicago, would you know I was from Illinois? Yes. So it's either I say where I'm really from, get looked at like a ******, or I say Chicago, and get yelled at because I'm technically not from Chicago. God I hate Iowa. Wait, this isn't the pet peeves thread? ****......
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Chicago deep-dish is so good. There is a wood-fire brick oven pizza place in town that is awesome. Also, I found a chain I can tolerate: Papa Murphy's, where you take it home and bake yourself: http://www.papamurphys.com/
We just got a papa murphys close to where I live. Haven't tried it yet though.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Papa Murphy's is ******* awesome.

To bring this back to beer from pizza, tonight I bought:
-6 pack of Sam Adams Winter Brew
-4 pack of Dogfish Head IPA 90

I am drinking the Winter Brew now. It's not that bad, about what I expected and polishing off the other 5 shouldn't be a problem. I know this is crazy to say here but I have never had the IPA 90 before. It was either not on the shelf or sold out. So tonight I will try that for the first time.

By the way, does anyone know a good beer to drink with chili and corn bread?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way, does anyone know a good beer to drink with chili and corn bread?
I'd go with an IPA. Probably drink the 90 by itself, but just any regular IPA would go great with chili.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I'd go with an IPA. Probably drink the 90 by itself, but just any regular IPA would go great with chili.
Thanks man, I am about to make chili and I figured the IPA would work perfectly. Plus I hear people in this thread talking about DFH's IPA 90 all the time and wanted to try it.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks man, I am about to make chili and I figured the IPA would work perfectly. Plus I hear people in this thread talking about DFH's IPA 90 all the time and wanted to try it.
That is a great beer. It would go great with chili, though I'd probably go with a smaller and dryer IPA if I had a choice. Can't go wrong with the pairing you got though. Spicy foods generally = IPA, imo. I'm drinking a Great Divide Titan right now and man you just made me want some chili you bastard. Leftover chicken and potatoes for me tonight.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
you just made me want some chili you bastard.
Well, we had that cornbread thread not that long ago and it inspired me. Winter for me is all about stew, chili and casseroles, so I decided to make it. Also, my roommate recently bagged himself a nice deer and venison chili is epically delicious.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, we had that cornbread thread not that long ago and it inspired me. Winter for me is all about stew, chili and casseroles, so I decided to make it. Also, my roommate just bagged himself a nice deer and venison chili is epically delicious.
Damnit you bastard now you gotta rub it in with the venison talk!? Man I'm jealous as hell right now.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

I took pictures of my recent Abyss and Bourbon County Stout purchases to show off to you guys but for some reason my computer refuses to recognize the SD card.

That Bourbon County Stout is one hell of a beer. Gotta be at least 4000 calories in each bottle. Probably the only beer I've tried that I just have to stop at one. I'm glad they chose to put it in 12's rather than 22's but man the twist-offs got me looking at a wax purchase. Should have already done that though.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so I said I drove over to Wisconsin last night to pick up that dogfish head IPA. I also snagged a 750 of their Fort brew by accident because I thought I was buying something sitting next to it. I am still pissed off about that, I spent 16 bucks on some freaking raspberry beer that was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Of course I chocked it down on principle.

Also Brent I bagged 4 deers a couple weekends ago, I have venison for the rest of the year. So good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I bagged 4 deers a couple weekends ago, I have venison for the rest of the year. So good.
We went out to bowhunt on the last day of the first part of the season (8/30) and got a nice deer so we are good until the season's break stops.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

So yeah, that IPA Dogfish Head 90 was freaking delicious.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dogfish Head
Every time i see that i can't help but think bad. What does it taste like? I've never seen any of that around here.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Every time i see that i can't help but think bad. What does it taste like? I've never seen any of that around here.
I bought it at HEB. You should see it at your local one.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bought it at HEB. You should see it at your local one.
I'll pay closer attention next time. I hardly buy beer at HEB seeing as i live pretty far from the closest one. And even then, down here, 98% of the people drink Bud-Light, so that's pretty much all you find at stores. It blows.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok so I said I drove over to Wisconsin last night to pick up that dogfish head IPA. I also snagged a 750 of their Fort brew by accident because I thought I was buying something sitting next to it. I am still pissed off about that, I spent 16 bucks on some freaking raspberry beer that was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Of course I chocked it down on principle.

Also Brent I bagged 4 deers a couple weekends ago, I have venison for the rest of the year. So good.
Some of their specialty stuff they bottle in 22oz bottles can be gross. Lik the Fort. However the Red & White is very very good. Part of the beer is stored in pinot noir casks before being mixed back in with the rest of the beer.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Some of their specialty stuff they bottle in 22oz bottles can be gross. Lik the Fort. However the Red & White is very very good. Part of the beer is stored in pinot noir casks before being mixed back in with the rest of the beer.
Does that give it a wine-like taste? Some of the cask aged stuff,the fruit cask aged beers in particular, gets too much like wine for me and I don't like it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Does that give it a wine-like taste? Some of the cask aged stuff,the fruit cask aged beers in particular, gets too much like wine for me and I don't like it.
It gives it a hint of wine, good wine. It isn't fruity at all. After it is brewed, or at some time in the process, 89% of the beer is stored in regular casks, while 11% is stored in pinot noir casks. Then they are mixed back together when bottled. So since only 11% of it is stored in wine casks, it isn't overly strong. I really like it.