Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Belish
Rookie

Belish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Looking back at the 04 draft: QBs

This was debated so much after the draft and after Roethlisberger won the Super Bowl, but now that all four first-round QBs have had significant playing, I think we can decide which QB was the best pick in hindsight.

In terms of talent and everything, I'm saying Philip Rivers. He spends a couple years on the bench, and then explodes for 22 TD to 9 INT is what was essentially his rookie season with only 1 real receiving threat. Add in the fact that the Chargers also received the pick that turned into Merriman makes him the best pick of the draft.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Phillip Rivers.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

great, another poorly veiled low blow at manning.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Rivers has shown he can handle some pressure after Brees left, look at Rothlisberger this year no one has talked about him. Big Ben did win the big one but still.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The keyword in the first post was hindsight which very few football fans are capable of, you have to look at more than just this season.

Philip Rivers had a good season, but overall Big Ben has been the best. He took a team that was mediocre, and took them to the playoffs, and then the season after, he took them to the superbowl. Philip Rivers was a game manager for an excellent team this season. Ben was also a game manager for the Steelers his first two seasons, but like Ben's first season, Rivers and the highly touted Chargers had a dissapointing playoff performance. Roethlisberger and the Steelers won a Superbowl, and the Chargers and Rivers did not, so how at this point is it possible to say that Rivers was the better pick than Roethlisberger?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the Giants front office wants Eli to fail. They might be the worst coached team in the league, Coughlin needs to be fired. If it's best pick, it's probably Rivers if you factor in that they got Merriman and Kaeding with it, but if you just go by draft position, you can make a case for Losman. He had an excellent year with a much less impressive cast, and has finally come into his own. He obviously wasn't quite as impressive as Rivers, but he didn't have the best player at 2 positions on offense to help him out, either. Plus when you factor in that Losman was picked, what? 20 spots behind Rivers, he may have been the best pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll take the ring...after all that's the point right? (i am seriously doubting that people realize this)

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Eli Manning, I think most of his problems are just mental. He can correct them though, I know namesake got him some more recognition but I think some people are a bit too hard on him. He also needs to find consistency but once he does that, he'll be a pretty good QB.

Rivers played well this season and some of his late-season "struggles" can be directed at the Lis Franc sprain he suffered. It didn't hurt to have a record-breaking RB right behind him either. I also think he'll be a fine QB and this season really proved that. Once Jackson emerges. . . . .

Roethlisberger had to throw a little too much in the beginning of the season. He is a decent QB, hardly one of the best but I think that he's just going to be decent. He'll manage the game well, so to speak.

Losman really came a long way this season. He went from possibly being benched in favor of Craig Nall to being one of the promising players in the league. I think this year will really do well for him, if he develops even more. I don't think he's the best QB yet in this draft but we can start looking at him more seriously than we did before.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

1. Eli
2. Rivers
3. Roth.
4. JP Losman

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Right now...Big Ben is the best because he has a ring....untill someone else gets one from the 04 class, Big Ben should be the best right now.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Super Bowl rings make me really mad. ESPN said after Payton won that Terry bradshaw was a better overall QB.

Bradshaw had the same amount of TD's than he did career INT's and benefieted from one of the greatest teams of all time.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink

I voted Phill Rivers but it is probably Big-Ben cause he has the SB ring but im pretty sure Rivers will be the next 1 to get it.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya
Super Bowl rings make me really mad. ESPN said after Payton won that Terry bradshaw was a better overall QB.

Bradshaw had the same amount of TD's than he did career INT's and benefieted from one of the greatest teams of all time.

Different times man....

Next thing your going to say that Manning is better than Unitas because of stats.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god, how many times do we have to have this thread. :roll:

I've always liked Rivers the best, as I've stated time and time again, but don't feel like explaining my opinion on this anymore. :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rivers

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now:

1. Big Ben
2. Eli
3. Rivers
4. Losman

But if Big Ben has another year like this one, he drops far. I pretty much gave him a break since he had 2 great seasons and now a terrible one.

Eli is over Rivers because the difference in the 2 teams are crazy. Eli also outplayed Rivers in big moments as well and was great before the crippling injuries... Factor in that and the clutch factor, I go with Eli.

Losman had a pretty good season, but he needs to prove himself still
Old 02-12-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This topic is on a 3 month rotation

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan
Right now:
Eli is over Rivers because the difference in the 2 teams are crazy. Eli also outplayed Rivers in big moments as well and was great before the crippling injuries... Factor in that and the clutch factor, I go with Eli.
Are you crazy. River led the chargers to like 5 comeback wins. I can't think of any times where Eli has been clutch.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 02-12-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if this poll were done last year it would be close to a 100 percent big ben maybe not completely 100 for all the eli homers but Big ben and the steelers had a bad year with his motor cycle accident to everything else that went wrong for them i have to put my vote for him his first two years were great and i think he's going to bounce back and be the same old ben next year.
And Rivers is definitly behind him and better than eli
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Rothlasomething. The guy came in as a rookie and went undefeated in the reg. season.
Rivers had one good season but had to sit behind Brees for 2 years.
Manning will soon enough be a 30 TD type of guy and we should see him in the pro bowl soon. His career started with alot of incosistent play.
Losman is the most athletic of the group and probably doesnt get the publicity he deserves.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easy for me its Roethlisberger he already has a Super Bowl Championship and I think he will end up being a great QB for many years to come.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

MY QB rankings now
1.Rivers
2.Big Ben
3.Losman
4 eli

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
QFT
Old 02-13-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
QFT
Let's make a Michael Vick or Terrell Owens thread. YES!

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the long term my rankings would be:

1. Phillip Rivers
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. JP Losman
4. Eli Manning

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote