Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-06-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
http://spartyandfriends.com/2008/12/...ississippi-st/

FWIW...saying Peterson to MSU is legit.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

<--- I'm dancing like the guy in my avy hahahaha

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry Peterson was so mad by these rumors he had a press conference yesterday saying he wasn't leaving Boise. Sorry. Why would he go to a dead end job? Expectations too high.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Does anyone else expect Ron English to be offered a job soon?
my guess would be that he is going to EMU. Just a constant rumor i have been hearing.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No offense to MSU fans, but that job is almost impossible.

Too much competition. They will need to break some rules if they wanna turn it around.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a couple posters on the Rivals boards have said that Turner Gill would take the Miss State job if offered (say they heard it on the radio). Just stating what I read
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
a couple posters on the Rivals boards have said that Turner Gill would take the Miss State job if offered (say they heard it on the radio). Just stating what I read
I think it'd be a very good hire but I'm not sure of how successful he'd be in the SEC. If he wins 6-7 games a year as a coach, which I could see happening due to who he's recruiting against, then he'll be no better than Sly Croom.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
No offense to MSU fans, but that job is almost impossible.

Too much competition. They will need to break some rules if they wanna turn it around.
Haha none taken. Its gonna be a while before we're competitive. Asfor breaking rules, well, thats what got us to this point right now...

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-07-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...tz-to-syracuse

Skip Holtz to Syracuse.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
Thish shaining iszha a greatsszshsss shhiingingashhs

oh...SKIP Holtz. My bad.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good hire for 'cuse

granted, it's a step up from ecu, but that program is in very bad shape right now

no fan support, bad facilities, not near good recruiting spots, not sure about this

will take him a couple of years to turn it around

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3754006

Locksley takes New Mexico job.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
That's surprising. I thought he would have had a BCS conference team come calling.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would've stayed at ECU if I were Skip Holtz. Syracuse is a dead-end job right now. I'm also surprised that Locksley took the New Mexico job. He should've held out for a better one.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skip Holtz hasn't taken the Cuse job yet
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Mexico isn't a bad job personally. The Mountain West is a good conference to get in, the facilities aren't bad there, and they usually make a bowl game. I think with the right combination of in-state talent and guys from Texas and California that he could compete in the MWC.

Franchione used it as a launching pad to Alabama and Texas A&M. Marv Levy, Bum Phillips, Bronco Mendenhall, and Steve Fairchild all coached there as well.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 12-08-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Florida Offensive Coordinator Dan Mullen is the new head coach at Mississippi State. He'll be 37 at the start of next season.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Florida Offensive Coordinator Dan Mullen is the new head coach at Mississippi State. He'll be 37 at the start of next season.
I think it's a good hire. He's young, usually develops a good offensive game plan, yet I don't know what he's like as a recruiter.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-10-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I'm excited by this. Peterson would've been a perfect score but hopefully he provides a park recruiting and on the offense.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-10-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, MSU got a good one with Mullen. I wish him the best of luck (but not too much). He'll bring a great offensive scheme for the college game and should steal some recruits using the gaudy numbers his guys put up at UF in his offense as a selling point.

I'd expect to see Billy Gonzalez (the WR coach) to replace him. Has been with Meyer since BGU, and works with the wide receivers, probably the most important part of the spread.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Damn, MSU got a good one with Mullen. I wish him the best of luck (but not too much). He'll bring a great offensive scheme for the college game and should steal some recruits using the gaudy numbers his guys put up at UF in his offense as a selling point.

I'd expect to see Billy Gonzalez (the WR coach) to replace him. Has been with Meyer since BGU, and works with the wide receivers, probably the most important part of the spread.
*fellow Gator fan here*

i hope that Mullen does great at MSU but i wish that he would had waited for a better job in a less demanding conference. I mean it's low risk, high reward for both parties involved because the SEC West is stacked and he's got a heck of a task on hand. i don't even think he's a finished product as a OC yet
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Read a little more about Muellen.

He was Meyer's QB coach at Utah and followed him to Florida. He's known for his spread offense and for his work with QB's. I think that with the QB's at MS State already that those two could run the spread, but I'm not sure about the receivers. They do have some good RB's there so....

The SEC West is going to be very interesting next year.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read a little more about Muellen.

He was Meyer's QB coach at Utah and followed him to Florida. He's known for his spread offense and for his work with QB's. I think that with the QB's at MS State already that those two could run the spread, but I'm not sure about the receivers. They do have some good RB's there so....

The SEC West is going to be very interesting next year.
I think Mullen could have Mississippi State looking like this year's Ole Miss.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there's a little rumor going around that UCF is gonna have Charlie Strong replace O'Leary as HC
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's a good hire. He's young, usually develops a good offensive game plan, yet I don't know what he's like as a recruiter.
He's on the Florida coaching staff, under Meyer. He knows the principles of "recruit at all costs" aka cheat, lie and deceive.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the bottom line of NFLN, Shef reported that Saints OC Dough Marrone is taking over the Syracuse job.