Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.
Default Illinois OC Locksely to take New Mexico HC job

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3754006

Reason I posted it here...Locksley is one of the main recruiters for the Illini...so this could hurt Illinois getting a some of those Virginia/DC/Maryland kids in the future

Last edited by dansaint : 12-08-2008 at 11:37 AM.
dansaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

definitely will hurt recruiting in that DC area... i don't know that those players will be looking to go to New Mexico though... this could help Maryland and Penn State more than anyone else.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.

we've been talking about that on IlliniHQ (not everyone is sad to see him go. Some think maybe it's a change in offensive philosophy that is needed).

One name to replace him is Jim Pry? I'm unfamiliar with that name. Most think it will be in-house regardless of who the replacement is.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Kills the Jelani Jenkins dream

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

wasn't even a fleeting dream? I mean...I know he kept us on his list...but he had half of 1A and 1AA on his list. I think Mount Union was even listed at one time

lol
Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Kills the Jelani Jenkins dream
It aint nowhere near dead...
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
It aint nowhere near dead...

Locksley was the main recruiter on him as he is with all east coast players. You already lost one of his recruits. It was a longshot already andthis really hurt no matter how you wanna look at it.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-10-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Locksley was the main recruiter on him as he is with all east coast players. You already lost one of his recruits. It was a longshot already andthis really hurt no matter how you wanna look at it.

It was a longshot in the beginning, and Locksley no doubt got UI in, but I can't for the life of me see why you can't get the fact that Illinois is a legit contender. Ok, even if you haven't heard anything, all the stuff I've said aside, he's still visiting Illinois on Jan. 23rd. Is that not enough to make you see? I mean, I really don't care but I just don't understand how you say Illinois isn't a contender, they're a longshot, etc. I already said there is no doubt Locksley would help even more but Illinois is in despite the fact that Locks left. Everybody including Jenkins, his family, etc. knew there was a pretty good shot of Locks leaving. Illinois is in it and will get Jenkins IMHO.

Also, who is this recruit Illinois lost? There aren't any official de-commits. The only one I can see de-commiting is Joelil Thrash and I'm not all that sure he will. If he does, it opens up another scholarship and Illinois can pull in someone like Brad McDougal, etc.

Also a FWIW, Locks wasn't the main recruiter on all east coast kids.

Last edited by bigbenn : 12-10-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
It was a longshot in the beginning, and Locksley no doubt got UI in, but I can't for the life of me see why you can't get the fact that Illinois is a legit contender. Ok, even if you haven't heard anything, all the stuff I've said aside, he's still visiting Illinois on Jan. 23rd. Is that not enough to make you see? I mean, I really don't care but I just don't understand how you say Illinois isn't a contender, they're a longshot, etc. I already said there is no doubt Locksley would help even more but Illinois is in despite the fact that Locks left. Everybody including Jenkins, his family, etc. knew there was a pretty good shot of Locks leaving. Illinois is in it and will get Jenkins IMHO.

Also, who is this recruit Illinois lost? There aren't any official de-commits. The only one I can see de-commiting is Joelil Thrash and I'm not all that sure he will. If he does, it opens up another scholarship and Illinois can pull in someone like Brad McDougal, etc.

Also a FWIW, Locks wasn't the main recruiter on all east coast kids.
Joelil Thrash is the one i was referring to, kwilk said that he is heading to WVU now in the recruiting thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post

and apparently illinois commit joelil thrash has decommited and commited to wvu
From everything I have gathered it seems Michigan, Stanford, Florida, Penn State, and Virginia Tech are the main players in his recruiting.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-10-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Joelil Thrash is the one i was referring to, kwilk said that he is heading to WVU now in the recruiting thread.

From everything I have gathered it seems Michigan, Stanford, Florida, Penn State, and Virginia Tech are the main players in his recruiting.

Ok I didn't see that thanks. WVU better be wary, because even if they did pull Thrash away from Illinois, they better watch Locks at NM. Deon Long was going to visit and most likely wind up commiting to Illinois when he did, but now this. I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see Deon Long head to NM with Thrash, Darren Jones (Illinois is trying to figure out what to do with him), his teammate Jamal Gray (Wasn't going to get an Illinois offer but is a decent prospect), etc. and Locks will have a pretty good core to start with. Also, I guess that's your opinion on Jenkins, but we'll just see.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Ok I didn't see that thanks. WVU better be wary, because even if they did pull Thrash away from Illinois, they better watch Locks at NM. Deon Long was going to visit and most likely wind up commiting to Illinois when he did, but now this. I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see Deon Long head to NM with Thrash, Darren Jones (Illinois is trying to figure out what to do with him), his teammate Jamal Gray (Wasn't going to get an Illinois offer but is a decent prospect), etc. and Locks will have a pretty good core to start with. Also, I guess that's your opinion on Jenkins, but we'll just see.

That is my opinion and as you have pointed out he has been quiet on his recruitment so anyone could be right at this point, my opinion right now is just based off what has seemed to be most likely.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul