Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 12-08-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caught the second half of the game. I can't believe how close that game was. Worries me A LOT. Oakland and KC should not be difficult home games. Anyways, Cutler did show the poise to rally us to victory.

Questions: Word on when Champ is coming back (hopefully next week)? And what is the update on Hillis? I hope it's not serious, that guy has good vision and he's just a very reliable all-purpose back.

As for our draft, I hope we don't get William Moore. I think he's rather overrated. I honestly don't know how he's rated this high according to Scott based on what I've seen of him this season. I feel like Taylor Mays would be a MUCH better safety. I also think Cushing, Maualuga of USC would really help us at LB. And Hardy and Orakpo would be great fits as well. Other than them though, I really have little preference on who we can realistically pick. As long as it's not QB, WR, or TE.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
woodyard plays better than DJ. tell me i'm wrong.
I won't. I am a huge fan of WW. He is one of the bright spots on that defense.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's hard to deny... and he's just a rookie, who will improve with experience.

It will be interesting to see what happens. DJ -> SLB is the obvious move, but DJ pretty much said he hates that spot.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right.

Woodyard is a beast. While I love DJ, I think it might be time to move him to sam or mike.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Hillis is out for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3754789

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Move DJ to MLB, WW at WLB, and Winborn or Webster @ SLB.

Don't know about the rest of you but I was very impressed with Barrett's play yesterday. I thought he played an incredible game for his second start of the year against the premiere TE in the league. Pretty much had him on his own the entire game and had excellent coverage.

Sucks about Hillis.

Shon Greene in round 2 next year?
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People seem to forget DJ was playing pretty gosh darn good for us before he got hurt on the weakside.
I like what I see from Woodyard though.
Personally, DJ is a terrible MLB. I don't want to see him there. Move him to strongside if you move him. Woodyard is way too small to be moved anywhere else.
I do hope we don't go back to a fricken 3-4 defense because we have depth at LB, because we certainly don't have the DL personal to run that defense.
So to sum it up:
Keep Woodyard at WLB
move DJ to SLB
keep Larsen at MLB
Start freakin Barrett

See how things play out from there.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
move DJ to SLB
That's a problem, since he made it pretty clear he doesn't like the strong side. As njx9 said, moving him there is pretty much saying that he's done in Denver.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
People seem to forget DJ was playing pretty gosh darn good for us before he got hurt on the weakside.
I like what I see from Woodyard though.
Personally, DJ is a terrible MLB. I don't want to see him there. Move him to strongside if you move him. Woodyard is way too small to be moved anywhere else.
I do hope we don't go back to a fricken 3-4 defense because we have depth at LB, because we certainly don't have the DL personal to run that defense.
So to sum it up:
Keep Woodyard at WLB
move DJ to SLB
keep Larsen at MLB
Start freakin Barrett

See how things play out from there.
Larsen was a fan favorite but his play at MLB wasn't anything real great. Hence the reason he was moved back to FB before Hillis was even injured.

I think the best 3 LBs we can put out on the field are DJ, WW, and either Winborn or Webster.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:16 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think the chances are of trading DJ Williams?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Graham was signed for 5 years I think.
And it isn't about just fielding the best LB's, they have to be able to play the position. And with that Woodyard at weakside, DJ at strongside is the best with Larsen at MLB IMO.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
And it isn't about just fielding the best LB's, they have to be able to play the position. And with that Woodyard at weakside, DJ at strongside is the best with Larsen at MLB IMO.
Switch Larsen for Brandon Spikes and we'd be looking good.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
What do you think the chances are of trading DJ Williams?
In reality, I doubt it. In a Forum Mock, likely.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and then we "only" have to get DTs, DEs who can consistently rush (since we'll still refuse to blitz because shanahan's an idiot) and a couple of safeties who have actually played football before.

i'm not really that pessimistic. i think moss looked like he could at least be average. i think dumervil could be better if we didn't have to play him every single down. and i still largely like marcus thomas, although i don't know why.

i wonder if we could trade washington a 3rd and t. bell for landry and portis.
Hmm, I think adding Paymah will put this trade over the top!

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
and then we "only" have to get DTs, DEs who can consistently rush (since we'll still refuse to blitz because shanahan's an idiot) and a couple of safeties who have actually played football before.
LOL, yeah, well at least we'd have the LB corps solidified...

re: the DL - I agree, it needs 2 quality, every-down players

re: blitzing - in Shanahan's defense, our LB and S can't blitz worth a damn anyway... that's partly why I like Spikes

re: S - no question, we've got a craptastic group of safeties

I think we can draft just about any defensive position other than WLB and get an upgrade. That should give Shanahan plenty of freedom to look for value in the draft. Of course, he won't be able to resist offense... RB, OL and something else (I get the funny feeling it might be TE).
Old 12-11-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Taylor Mays is who we need to grab. Even though Dre Bly isn't great, I think putting him in one on one on his side, with Champ one on one on the other along with Mays playing centerfield will make us tough to beat through the air. Then we can bring Lynch back, stack the box with 8 dudes and blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

Interested note, Cory Boyd, will be the starter this Sunday against Carolina. Boyd was just signed off the practice squad after Hillis went to IR
Old 12-12-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Interested note, Cory Boyd, will be the starter this Sunday against Carolina. Boyd was just signed off the practice squad after Hillis went to IR
He's back like cooked crack...

Attitude aside, he looked pretty good at SC. Runs with power, can catch the ball, blocks pretty well. The start of his NFL career was, well, "inauspicious"... but he has a chance now to turn things around.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
other than that he apparently somehow sucks even more than i thought, any idea why bell isn't getting the start?
The quasi-official word appears to be Boyd showed a lot more in practice than the other backs did.

IMO, the issue with Bell is hesitation. Hawking cell phones doesn't do much for your football awareness. If Boyd came in and flashed some decisive running, it would've been an easy decision for Shanahan.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

What is this, like our 10th RB we've started this year?
Selvin Young
Michael Pittman
Ryan Torrain
Peyton Hillis
Cory Boyd

Did Hall ever get a start? Geez.

And defensively, I think we need to look at signing Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs at DE, draft a MLB and S high in the draft. I think we can get a pretty solid safety in rounds 2 and 3 IMO.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daryl Ga--... nope.
Jake Plu--no.
Ian Go--nope.
Rod Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
i've already given up on signing anyone decent.

shanny will fall in love with another worthless player (see: dan graham) and dramatically overpay him while ignoring players with actual talent who end up signing for substantially less money. we'll probably give like, boss bailey a $12 million dollar a year extension because he's really effective in the role of chief tackle misser.

does anyone remember the last good free agent we signed?
Stokley? 10
Old 12-12-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
i've already given up on signing anyone decent.

shanny will fall in love with another worthless player (see: dan graham) and dramatically overpay him while ignoring players with actual talent who end up signing for substantially less money. we'll probably give like, boss bailey a $12 million dollar a year extension because he's really effective in the role of chief tackle misser.

does anyone remember the last good free agent we signed?
John Lynch wasn't a bad free agent signing. He really helped the defense in 2005.
How about Casey Weigmann this year?
Brandon Stokley as well.

I just hope we don't look at signing a RB to a fat contract, like Jacobs. Hardly any FA RB has performed well in their new place.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
DJ has pretty much stated before he won't be playing strong side again.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
maybe he can fight winborn.

other than that he apparently somehow sucks even more than i thought, any idea why bell isn't getting the start?
Because Shanny has grown to love the power running game more and get consistent 4+ yards than the 1-2 yards most of the time and then the random 30-40 yard burst.