Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-11-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ravens Draft Discussion

*Didn't see a thread like this anywhere here... My bad if there is one*

This season has gone a lot better than I expected. Flacco is a stud, the rushing attack is just nasty (including McGahee's slack off ass) and the defense has returned to its feared form. The upcoming draft should provide the team with a lot of nice options because there are no dire needs at the moment. Right now I'd say things go like this...

1. Cornerback - McAllister and Rolle are oft-injured and nearing the end of their respective careers. I'm not to high on Samari Rolle anyway, I don't think he's a great number two. Regardless, Fabian Washington has been solid, but the rest of the corners are lackluster to say the least. If a guy like Vontae Davis dropped into our laps, I wouldn't know what to do. The more likely scenario is a guy like Alphonso Smith out of Wake Forest. Great cover guy, but lacks ideal measurements. Regardless, I think he'll be a shut down type player with Landry and Reed in the secondary behind him.

2. Wide Receiver - Obviously Mason doesn't have much left in the tank and Mark Clayton has been slightly disappointing until the past few weeks (even then, not so great). I think the fact that the team is 9-4 despite problems on the offense shows that wide receiver isn't really a number one need. However, if Darius Heyward-Bey fell here, wide receiver might leapfrog corner for the top spot. If it comes to a Maclin/Harvin who will be mainly utility players for their first couple of years, then this is definitely a secondary need. Hopefully a Kenny Britt could fall to the second round.

3. Linebacker - One of Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs is probably leaving, and it will be a tough call to make. Lewis is the heart and soul of the defense, but nobody will be able to provide a pass rush like Suggs. It helps that Jarrett Johnson and Bart Scott are still around to lessen the loss, and adding a ball hawking tackler in the middle rounds (to replace Lewis) or a pass rusher (to replace Suggs) would lessen the pain a bit.

Just my thoughts. Discuss.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lewis and suggs stay scott goes
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
lewis and suggs stay scott goes
I don't think Scott's contract is up until next season.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im pretty sure scott lewis and suggs and landrys contract are up this season
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

he resigned in 2006 3yr deal so would that count the 06 season he resigned march of 06 before the season??
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would agree with you rankings and needs

but i guess my worry is the offseason and free agency... could it be a possibility that we lose ray ray or tsizzle?

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=LB&y=2009

dont know how accurate that is but this is what i found
John Wall
Old 12-11-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
i would agree with you rankings and needs

but i guess my worry is the offseason and free agency... could it be a possibility that we lose ray ray or tsizzle?
i think we sign one and franchise the other
John Wall
Old 12-11-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think we sign one and franchise the other
i could see that happening
you think lewis would mind being tagged? cause i would love to tag him and sign suggs to a deal

Go Ravens!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

well i think it dont matter because im sure we will def sign suggs and offer lewis a deal and if he dont like it tag him i mean i hope he just does what he needs to to stay on the team i mean we need him for support and morale not taking nothing away from his skill hes still top linebacker but suggs is a monster and young and you cant let that get away
John Wall
Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im pretty sure Suggs will be re-signed. If we dont, there goes a HUGE part of our Defense, as for Ray, hes a raven for life. My main concern is Jason Brown, hes been a great player on the o-line this year and I think it is vital that we re-sign him as well as Suggs and Ray.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the draft, Im starting to like Alphonso Smith but I don't like his size and I get the feeling that he could be overpowered but the WR's in the game theses days. They are huge compared to him (around 6'2-6'5) and he is only 5'9. I wouldnt mind picking him but Id rather have a WR.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
As for the draft, Im starting to like Alphonso Smith but I don't like his size and I get the feeling that he could be overpowered but the WR's in the game theses days. They are huge compared to him (around 6'2-6'5) and he is only 5'9. I wouldnt mind picking him but Id rather have a WR.

i look at fabian washington and hes not to tall im not sure his exact hight but it could work out .........anyone think we should try to pick up a cb and draft wr??
John Wall
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
i look at fabian washington and hes not to tall im not sure his exact hight but it could work out .........anyone think we should try to pick up a cb and draft wr??
Most teams don't let premium corners walk. See Carolina signing Chris Camble's extension before Peppers'.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

yea i agreed
John Wall
Old 12-12-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, but C-mac is beong a little baby according to what Im hearing on Baltimores Radio. Seems like he and McGahee are the only ones who havent bought into Harbaugh and what he coaches. He coulda took care of his injuries way before the season started but he didnt. If he continues the attitude hes been showing. I wouldnt mind him gone.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah, but C-mac is beong a little baby according to what Im hearing on Baltimores Radio. Seems like he and McGahee are the only ones who havent bought into Harbaugh and what he coaches. He coulda took care of his injuries way before the season started but he didnt. If he continues the attitude hes been showing. I wouldnt mind him gone.
At this point McAlister isn't really expendable. Frank Walker and Fabian Washington aren't really going to be reliable #1 and #2 corners year in and year out. If we draft a Smith or Vontae Davis and they prove reliable, then I think that player and Rolle with Washington in the nickel can work out if McAlister continues to be a whiny *****.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

^True, we can't really do anything with McAlister in terms of trade or releasing him because of a cap hit, so I am thinking we will keep him, but I won't be a fan of it until he shows he can be a part of this team. If he stays, he's a huge asset to the defense and a huge part of what we do. I like him as a player and I think we can benefit from his prenense. Also if he stays, you guys really think corner will be a bigger need than WR? I mean look how well our depth is holding without him and it will only get better with him back in the lineup. So if he returns for next season, which I expect, I see the Ravens pursing a WR in the upcoming draft.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

honestly
i dont feel like we have any glaring needs

i would put reciever as our "weak" spot. after dmason, we lack consistency. i dont want another role player... i want a playmaker. who can be a calvin johnson or anquan boldin. we have a good amount of good role players at the receiving spot. Clayton would make a good slot and demetrius williams still has a lot of upside... we just need that #1.

Go Ravens!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

^ Exactly. Give us that elite WR and we are IMO a playoff team, easily. However I still think we should "consider" corner and defensive line big needs because they will be in the near future. Pryce is aging, Cmac and Rolle are too. This defense needs some youth put it fast.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
^ Exactly. Give us that elite WR and we are IMO a playoff team, easily. However I still think we should "consider" corner and defensive line big needs because they will be in the near future. Pryce is aging, Cmac and Rolle are too. This defense needs some youth put it fast.
we definitely need youth and wouldnt mind adding depth behind our vets to learn from the best

i think the best thing for us is to get sleeper type players with big upside and have them learn behind our current guys... so the transition wont be hard... while they are learning, they can make an impact on special teams

Go Ravens!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, thats something I can really see Harbaugh doing. Hes already started with Nakamura, Zibakowski(sp) and Barnes. And they (coaching staff) slowly rotating them into the defense to keep the players fresh. Its a great way to get younger players involved and learning.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be opposed to just getting new life to our CB spot and drafting a pure cover corner like Alphonso Smith round 1, and a physical corner like Macho Harris or Kevin Barnes round 2. At this point C-mac and Samari are worthless, Frank Walker is a nickel back, and Fabian shouldn't be starting, he would be a good 3rd DB. He's solid in coverage but owned by physical receivers.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say get a WR with in the 1st 2 rounds, IDC if we trade a pick for one or draft one and go CB w/ the other pick then the rest we mainly go BPA on defense.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tsizzle leaves in Free Agency I know we love Barnes, but I'd love to draft Clint Sintim at the end of round 1. I think he'd be a carbon copy of Adalius Thomas but with even better pass rushing skills.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote