Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think youre underrating your guys. Barton is having a career year, and Thomas is also playing great again now that your dline is respectable. The Jets generate a lot of pressure on the qb as well, and are great against the run.

Even without Gholston, that LB core has been good.
Barton racks up tackles, but that's about it, he doesn't make plays and he can't cover anybody, and Thomas got off to a good start getting 4.5 sacks in the first 6 games, but he hasn't had a sack since.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Denver being 5...is a lack of respect they have played against TONS of Dline talent and only have given up NOTHING..but 2 sacks i believe
Old 12-12-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
dhp318
Rookie

dhp318 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Pittsburgh (by far)
2. NYJ
3. Dallas
4. Miami
5. SD

I can't see how Miami, SD, and Dallas have better 3-4 LBers than Baltimore. I also think SF has better LBers than SD (w/o Merriman) or Miami. I mean SD has gotten abused this year.
dhp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
I think Denver being 5...is a lack of respect they have played against TONS of Dline talent and only have given up NOTHING..but 2 sacks i believe
what dline talent? the ones that reside in the AFC West? if anything i gave them too much credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp318 View Post
1. Pittsburgh (by far)
2. NYJ
3. Dallas
4. Miami
5. SD

I can't see how Miami, SD, and Dallas have better 3-4 LBers than Baltimore. I also think SF has better LBers than SD (w/o Merriman) or Miami. I mean SD has gotten abused this year.
Ive stated already that i considered Baltimore to be a 4-3 team.

The recent hot play by SF doesn't warrant credit for a full season. Their LBs are not better than SD, or Miami.

SD's issues lie in the secondary. And the pass rush.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pittsburgh's D itself is in my opinion, the best defense we've seen since maybe the 2000 Ravens. Its that good.
I think a big difference is our ST's coverage and secondary...

The secondary is playing lights out. Had 2 CB's go down (McFadden and Townsend) and second year man Willie *** stepped in and looked great.

Fernando Bryant was... there.

And Troy is having a career year. I haven't checked yet but, I think he's leading the league in INT's.

I think now that we can really generate a true passrush only bringing 4 guys and the 2 OLB's are getting after the QB... Troy can actually roam free in the secondary.

If they draft a guy like William Moore (If he were to fall) or Derek Pegues this year to replace Ryan Clark in a year or two, that secondary will be disgusting.

But the P coverage is 3rd in Return yards, and K Coverage is #1 in the league IIRC.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
I think SF deserves some mention for 3-4 LB core although I understand that they are an irrelevant team right now...but...

OLB - Parys Haralson - Has been a solid pass rusher and all around player - 7 sacks this year so far.

ILB - Patrick Willis - Possibly the best linebacker in the league regardless of scheme.

ILB - TKO Spikes - Has played the TED LB spot very well for us this year, really has been a pleasant surprise.

OLB - Manny Lawson - Started the year slow due to recovery from the torn ACL, but has really back into form as of late. He is more of a coverage/run stopper...but has some pass rush ability.

I think they might beat out the SD this year for your #5 spot.
I'm really thinking that Lawson should go to strongside ILB and draft a true passrusher. His forte doesn't seem to be getting after the QB as much as his superior coverage ability and from what little I've seen he seems to sift through garbage to stop the RB.

Just doesn't seem like the passrusher he was drafted to be.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

DLine (4-3): 32: Washington Redskins

fail.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
dhp318
Rookie

dhp318 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
what dline talent? the ones that reside in the AFC West? if anything i gave them too much credit.

Ive stated already that i considered Baltimore to be a 4-3 team.

The recent hot play by SF doesn't warrant credit for a full season. Their LBs are not better than SD, or Miami.

SD's issues lie in the secondary. And the pass rush.
pass rush comes from the LBs...
dhp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The redskins only have 1 good LBer im not sure how they made the top 5
Old 12-13-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kicking:
1. Detroit
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
The redskins only have 1 good LBer im not sure how they made the top 5
Don't flame. Rocky McIntosh is above average, and HB Blades is solid. Are we top 5 no, top 10 probably. It's just Marcus Washington who drops us when he's playing. Also there is a lack of depth. Ravens though should definitely be there with Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Terrell Suggs, Jarrett Johnson, Antwan Barnes, Jameel McClain.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the saints have no businness being the 2nd receiving corps in my mind. They have good receivers in moore and colston but there are plenty better units. I do think the Saints dline might find a place up there. The rest of the defense not so much

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Don't flame. Rocky McIntosh is above average, and HB Blades is solid. Are we top 5 no, top 10 probably. It's just Marcus Washington who drops us when he's playing. Also there is a lack of depth. Ravens though should definitely be there with Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Terrell Suggs, Jarrett Johnson, Antwan Barnes, Jameel McClain.
The hell about rocky mcintosh is above average? We might have a top 10-15 LB core but it sure as hell isnt top 5.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Kicking:
1. Detroit
NFC North has the best kickers

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where are the ravens LB's?????
i think its a statement of the entire defense that the ravens have the least amount of tackles this year. we just make plays and get the offense off the field

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote