Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I used to think the same thing, but if we get a new coach, they will realize the mess we have at DE. You could say for us to go with OLB, but we drafted Bowen too. Granted Bowen was a 5th rounder compared to Ellis being a 3rd, but they are about the same in my mind. I don't think Ellis will be a force in the NFL. Bowen is a question mark that could be good if he adds a little bulk.

Besides, who are the possible new head coaches?

Cowher
Schottemheimer
Del Rio (If fired)
Steve Spagnola

I dont know, those are just possibilities. I want to get a guy has made a name for himself in the league before.
I think Cowher and Schotty are both going to fight for the Browns job
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schobel to IR. Very drawn out and predictable, but still sad.

But I just had a very random, exciting thought for next year:

Alvin Bowen.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Schobel to IR. Very drawn out and predictable, but still sad.

But I just had a very random, exciting thought for next year:

Alvin Bowen.
Think he can fill our hole at OLB for next year?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No.
But I'm pretty sure he puts our coverage unit from our current #2 spot all the way up to #1.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would you guys say the % is of Dick Jauron getting fired? Maybe a bit hasty since he's kept the Bills relatively competitive, but he's been a head coach for 8 years and has only made the playoffs once.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What would you guys say the % is of Dick Jauron getting fired? Maybe a bit hasty since he's kept the Bills relatively competitive, but he's been a head coach for 8 years and has only made the playoffs once.
Jauron doesn't get fired, but Turk Schonert does

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

AVPromotion! You know it's coming.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
AVPromotion! You know it's coming.
haha.....AVP has been around so long. Anyway, I think DJ gets at least one more year, as he should imo.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you losman

**** whoever called the play fake

******* give the ball to beast mode

**** this
Old 12-14-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow

im shocked

the coaches lost this game
if a player doesnt question the playcalling in an interview tonight, ill be surprised
Old 12-14-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Is it baseball season yet?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
wow

im shocked

the coaches lost this game
if a player doesnt question the playcalling in an interview tonight, ill be surprised

i wouldnt say that much....the playcalling did not help, but that was all losman. In that situation u need to know a sack is fine. DJ was going for the kill, not needed and stupid imo, but he has a right to assume that his QB will at least know to protect the ball.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at some point Losman has to realize there is going to be backside pursuit, and he either needs to try and run, or throw it away
anything but fumble the ball and lose us the game

on the bright side, did anyone else see Adam Sandler in the stands?
Old 12-14-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
at some point Losman has to realize there is going to be backside pursuit, and he either needs to try and run, or throw it away
anything but fumble the ball and lose us the game

on the bright side, did anyone else see Adam Sandler in the stands?
Are you sure that was not JP in the stands, and Adam Sandler on the field? Because whoever played quarterback for us today looked extremely pedestrian...

;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I wonder whats going to happen to Duke Preston? The ref had some severe turf burn on his face. His nose skid the turf for a good yard.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:24 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

0-5 in the division so far..

im seriously sick
Old 12-15-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goooooooo Bills!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, hope Marshawn does some legit stat-padding against the Denver D this week, if you guys stick it to Denver and the Chargers somehow get a win against Tampa Bay, week 17 is a winner take all in the AFC West with Denver at SD.

Fight on! Please?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Goooooooo Bills!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, hope Marshawn does some legit stat-padding against the Denver D this week, if you guys stick it to Denver and the Chargers somehow get a win against Tampa Bay, week 17 is a winner take all in the AFC West with Denver at SD.

Fight on! Please?
Its funny because working in San Diego I've had at least 4 phone calls and like 10 people ask me in person if the Bills will beat Denver next week.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Its funny because working in San Diego I've had at least 4 phone calls and like 10 people ask me in person if the Bills will beat Denver next week.
and how do you respond? :D

Everyone in SD loves the Bills this week. I don't think seeing them get a win is really impossible; Denver's D-line is not good, so teams can run and QBs can get pockets. That's the kind of scenario that the phrase "Any Given Sunday" was made for.

Oh well. Crossing my fingers for you guys...and of course for the Bolts to knock off TB. Pretty crazy that we can go from 4-8 to alive in week 16.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completed Trades:

Philadelphia Eagles get:

OT Jason Peters

Buffalo Bills get:

1st Round Pick (17th ovr)

Peters has not been playing up to his Pro Bowl standards this year, and it is no secret that he wanted out of Western New York

--------------------------------------------

Buffalo Bills get:

1st Round Pick (14 ovr)
DE Mark Anderson

Chicago Bears get:

1st Round Pick (12 ovr)

By trading down two spots, we also fulfilled a need for a DE. In Aaron Schobel's absence, we truly lacked a solid pass rusher, a role that will now belong to Anderson.

-----------------------------------------------

Buffalo Bills get:

G Charlie Johnson
5th Round Pick

Indianapolis Colts get:

DT John McCargo

McCargo has been a true bust since we drafted him with the 26th overall pick in 2006. For him we get Charlie Johnson, a very versatile lineman from the Colts, who we believe has the potential to be a solid starter

-------------------------------------------------

Buffalo Bills get:

1st Round Pick (31 ovr)
2nd Round Pick (46 ovr)

New York Giants get:

1st Round Pick (14 ovr)

By trading down, we got more picks to satisfy our needs. We already had the 17th overall selection as well, so we managed to still have two first round picks and now two second round picks.

---------------------------------------------

DRAFT

1a) Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

1b) James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State

2a) Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati

2b) Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

3) Edwin Williams, C, Maryland

__________________________________________________ ____

How we'd finish it:

4) Kraig Urbik, G, Wisconsin

5a) Pat White, WR, West Virginia

5b) Brian Toal, OLB, Boston College

6) Al Afalava, S, Oregon State

7) Dan Gronkowski, TE, Maryland

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Last edited by fischbowl : 12-15-2008 at 03:02 PM.
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Needs Drew Willy.

Really like McCargo trade, Johnson and a 5th is great return.

Dig the TE picks. Williams and Pat White are nice.

Anderson has gotten a lot less effective since entering the league, but it's a good mock. Between him and Ellis, someone would have to provide a spark. Hopefully.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Goooooooo Bills!!!!!!!!!

Fight on! Please?
Sorry Bills fans, no disrespect, but I must request you lose on Sunday. Or I will ban you.

Regards,
CutlerChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Sorry Bills fans, no disrespect, but I must request you lose on Sunday. Or I will ban you.

Regards,
CutlerChris

CC, I probably have a better chance of winning the mega millions than I do being banned.

And no, this does not mean that you can ban me if the Bills somehow go against all odds and win. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knowing the Bills, we will probably win the last 2 meaningless games.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I don't know, we tend to always lose at the end of the year.
We're definitely not going to beat the Patriots, that's just obvious. I'm positive that a feel-good win is impossible after the Jets game. And it's the Patriots. We'll probably find a way to beat Denver, just because the Jauron Bills have 7-9 written all over them.