Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Forum Mock thread

Congrats to Bos and Dunagan.

So I was looking at the depth chart thread, and Fenikz has Leonard Pope on the trade block. What do you guys think?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His size is nice and he is a georgia boy, but honestly I have never liked Pope. Not very fast, not a dominant blocker and just doesnt make the plays that ppl would think he could w/ his size.

Again it all depends on value.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
His size is nice and he is a georgia boy, but honestly I have never liked Pope. Not very fast, not a dominant blocker and just doesnt make the plays that ppl would think he could w/ his size.

Again it all depends on value.
I thought he would be a terrific red zone threat for Ryan. We obviously seem to struggle there in the passing game (2 red zone ints) and a guy like Pope (6'9") would be invaluable there. If we could get him for cheap, then that would be awesome. We could focus the draft on D.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

From what I've seen, Pope is a surprisingly poor blocker given his weight - probably because of leverage issues with his height.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get on IRC, gogogogoogooo

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
icecoolmatty

well i will add my 2pence worth if you dont mind.

i dont think we should go after pope.

he will be a free agent at the end of the season so there is no point paying for him when we could try and get him. hes from georgia which i doubt counts for anything in this but i think we stand a good chance of getting him in FA.

also he is not a TE who fits into our system. our TEs need to be predominantly block first catch later players. that is why peele works well in our team whilst in another he would sink. also its seldom you seeour TEs in the slot it is because that is not how murlarkey uses them we have 5 good WRs who all bring something to the table meaning the TE is not used as much.

in the draft there will be quite a few TEs falling into the middle rounds who are block first TEs. they naturally do as they dont have the numbers or the measurables to wow the GMs. i personally like ryan purvis from BC he is a big target who can block well and also worked really well with ryan and was one of his favourite targets.

well there my thoughts. im new to this but am i correct in believingthis is part of a mock draft done on this site and is there any chance i can lend a hand.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolmatty View Post
well i will add my 2pence worth if you dont mind.

i dont think we should go after pope.

he will be a free agent at the end of the season so there is no point paying for him when we could try and get him. hes from georgia which i doubt counts for anything in this but i think we stand a good chance of getting him in FA.

also he is not a TE who fits into our system. our TEs need to be predominantly block first catch later players. that is why peele works well in our team whilst in another he would sink. also its seldom you seeour TEs in the slot it is because that is not how murlarkey uses them we have 5 good WRs who all bring something to the table meaning the TE is not used as much.

in the draft there will be quite a few TEs falling into the middle rounds who are block first TEs. they naturally do as they dont have the numbers or the measurables to wow the GMs. i personally like ryan purvis from BC he is a big target who can block well and also worked really well with ryan and was one of his favourite targets.

well there my thoughts. im new to this but am i correct in believingthis is part of a mock draft done on this site and is there any chance i can lend a hand.
It is part of this site, but it's not a mock draft that you see on the front page, that one is done solely by Scott Wright. It a mock draft that the members are doing. This is what we've done so far:

- Traded pick #20 and 5th to Ravens for Todd Heap and #28.

- Three team trade where we had jets move down to #20 and then traded pick #28 and a 3rd to jets for #20.

- Selected safety, William Moore.

- Then traded pick 50th to jaguars for pick #67, #90, and 7th rounder.

To see everything, go to the fantasy section > forum mock

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 12-14-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:30 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Great job getting Moore and Heap. Probably need to address DT... but a pure run stuffing DT can probably be found in the 3rd.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Great job getting Moore and Heap. Probably need to address DT... but a pure run stuffing DT can probably be found in the 3rd.
With pick #67- Took center Eric Wood, Louisville (center went fast)

With pick #90- Took OLBer Zach Follett, Cal (missed out on Ron Brace)

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

I can see how that happened, but I really can't see us not addressing DT.

I guess we must have picked up Haynesworth in FA, right? ;)
Old 12-16-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
I can see how that happened, but I really can't see us not addressing DT.

I guess we must have picked up Haynesworth in FA, right? ;)
Either that or hope Trey Lewis is a monster when he comes back. The thing is, there really arent any good NT that will fit other than Raji, and Brace would be a reach at 67.

Quote:
we all hate you