Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Why do people insist on buying any beer with the word 'ice' on the end? It's ******* disgusting and tastes like piss.
So you've had piss before? ;)

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Yeah, you caught me. Haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've had Steel Reserve before. It might have actually tasted better coming out then going in.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it most certainly does.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought I'd give this thread a bump since beer is one of only three subjects I consider myself an expert in...and by expert I mean I've drank lots and lots of beer. I'll start of by recommending two of my favorites -

and

If you ever see these two beers...buy them!
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
My personal favorite, I always recommend it to people. Their tripel is also fantastic.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My personal favorite, I always recommend it to people. Their tripel is also fantastic.
Right on. How about the Three Philosophers, have you had that one? I
Old 12-21-2008, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I have not but in College Station, there isnt a huge selection of premium beers like that, I'll for it now that I am in Dallas for the holidays.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always think about buying Three Philosophers, but I like doing my research before I drop that much dough. what exactly does it taste like?
Old 12-21-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I always think about buying Three Philosophers, but I like doing my research before I drop that much dough. what exactly does it taste like?
Let me just say I'm not one for a fruit-forward type beer, but my favorite part of Three Philosophers has to be the finish, it's just the smallest hint of cherries, but its there and it's oh so good.

Before that though it pours dark; it's actually a hearty, full bodied beer covered with Caramel and Sour Cherry flavors. High Alcohol volume too, probably around 9%, but you only get a slight hint of alcohol on the nose.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Well, 2009 is here and this thread needs to be revived.

Shiner 96 was a Marzen
Shiner 97 was a black lager that became of their line up (Shiner Black)
Shiner 98 was a Bavarian Amber
Shiner 99 was a Helles
So what is 100? It's a Dopplebock.

Dark Lager :: 6.80% ABV

It's pretty damn tasty, if I must say so myself.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

minhas creek, live it, love it. i do.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I quit drinking until Memorial Day. So I may not be adding much to this thread for a few months.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I quit drinking until Memorial Day. So I may not be adding much to this thread for a few months.
resolution?
court ordered?
SXE 4 Life...or memorial day?
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
SXE 4 Life
straight edge people make me laugh

Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you all have BevMo near you all? Warehouse style liquor stores ftw!
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
we have wooman's. massive grocery store with a massive liquor store attatched.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
We have Spec's. It's nicknamed the "wal-mart of liquor stores" because their prices are so low they put all other local liquor stores out of buisness. The place is bigger than my closest grocery store.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
resolution?
court ordered?
SXE 4 Life...or memorial day?
Resolution. Save money, lose a little weight, and detox for a bit. I'm actually making a handful of exceptions between now and memorial day so I'm not truly quitting, but I'm cutting back huge. The handful of times I do drink between now and Memorial Day, I'm sure I won't be drinking anything spectacular.

I was at a place in Philly last weekend that had St. Bernadus Abt 12 on tap and I did not have any.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I was at a place in Philly last weekend that had St. Bernadus Abt 12 on tap and I did not have any.
That takes a lot of self restraint.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That takes a lot of self restraint.
I don't know if I could ever do that.

Anyone ever drink the Boulevard brews?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:21 AM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I've had Steel Reserve before. It might have actually tasted better coming out then going in.
Duce-11 = vomit but yea I used to drink that crap when I was a kid. Eventually I upgraded to Olde English to Mickey's and now I just drink whatever type of mainstream beer is on sale. I like High Life, Natural Light, Busch etc
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People need to start drinking more beer.

Anyone ever head the Surly brews? Probably those from Minnesota/Midwest. I had it for the first time this weekend and it was g-r-r-r-r-e-e-e-a-t.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has been a lot of beer mentioned so I'm not sure what more I can add to this. Anyone have that Sam Adams that costs like 100 something a bottle?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There has been a lot of beer mentioned so I'm not sure what more I can add to this. Anyone have that Sam Adams that costs like 100 something a bottle?
Two. From both years.

It's like. Not beer. And it's called utopia. and it is not THAT great. just pretty damn weird.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote