Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
it would be funny to see osi go at a 5'6 110lb guy right??
I think that's why they created Pros vs Joes, a show I love btw.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
wow, that made no sense. NOBODY said Osi should've been DPOY because of that...the mathclub member analogy thing was pointless, not needed and pretty dumb.

If that's the worst game of OL you've ever seen, you really need to watch more NFL games. And you know, there are things as TE's, RB's, FB's and double teams, they help stop pass rushers...
That made plenty of sense. My point is that at a certain point, a sack isn't a sack. Competition means something, and the reason why sacks are so highly regarded is because of the difficulty involved in getting them. When basically all you have to do is run through empty air to get one, it isn't an accomplishment. And when you have basically as many sacks in one game as you have for the other 15 combined, then it is worth bringing up in conversations about the quality of your play. That's what I'm saying.

But by the same token, in 10 years when we're talking about sacks, very few people will remember this. They will just look at say "Oh, Osi Umenyiora had 13 sacks in 2007, he must have had a really good year." And that will be that.

....and I have to laugh at your suggestion that maybe I just haven't seen enough games. You simply can't watch more football than I do, unless you have 13 DVRs recording every game and you spend all week watching every play of every game. Please quit trying to defend that performance. Justice was a joke. He was not only below NFL-caliber, he wasn't good enough that day to be starting on any level of college football, either. It wasn't only the worst performance by an OL that I've ever seen, it was the worst by a very large margin.

Ask any member of this forum what is the worst game of OL they've ever seen and 90% of them will bring up Justice. Quit peddling nonsense.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Last edited by DMWSackMachine : 12-17-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: clarification
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I think that's why they created Pros vs Joes, a show I love btw.
lol yea great show

but i want to see osi of now hit someone that size and not an old retired osi lol
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
That made plenty of sense. My point is that at a certain point, a sack isn't a sack. Competition means something, and the reason why sacks are so highly regarded is because of the difficulty involved in getting them. When basically all you have to do is run through empty air to get one, it isn't an accomplishment. And when you have basically as many sacks in one game as you have for the other 15 combined, then it is worth bringing up in conversations about the quality of your play. That's what I'm saying.

But by the same token, in 10 years when we're talking about sacks, very few people will remember this. They will just look at say "Oh, Osi Umenyiora had 13 sacks in 2007, he must have had a really good year." And that will be that.

....and I have to laugh at your suggestion that maybe I just haven't seen enough games. You simply can't watch more football than I do, unless you have 13 DVRs recording every game and you spend all week watching every play of every game. Please quit trying to defend that performance. Justice was a joke. He was not only below NFL-caliber, he wasn't good enough that day to be starting on any level of college football, either. It wasn't only the worst performance by an OL that I've ever seen, it was the worst by a very large margin.

Ask any member of this forum what is the worst game of OL they've ever seen and 90% of them will bring up Justice. Quit peddling nonsense.
do you have 12 dvrs recording every game and do you spend all week watching every play of every game??
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 12-17-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
do you have 12 dvrs recording every game and do you spend all week watching every play of every game??
He clearly stated that it is humanly impossible to watch more football than he does. Obviously this guy is the end all on football knowledge. I think we should stop questioning him and bow down.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
He clearly stated that it is humanly impossible to watch more football than he does. Obviously this guy is the end all on football knowledge. I think we should stop questioning him and bow down.
well in order to absolutely know you watch more football than someone you have to have all that so thats why i asked lol
John Wall
Old 12-17-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Judast, very mature. The guy basically said that it was ridiculous for me to say what I said, and that only someone who doesn't watch much football would think that. I didn't say anything about "humanly impossible" or anything of the sort. I said what's true, which is that I watch football whenever its on, including catching at least part of nearly every game (don't watch much of the really bad teams at the end of the season, I'm afraid) on Sunday. That's my point. I didn't compare myself to him, I just said that, unless you record games and watch them later, then you can't watch more than I do, because I'm always watching. Its simple. Don't be a douche.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware

Last edited by DMWSackMachine : 12-17-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Judast, very mature. The guy basically said that it was ridiculous for me to say what I said, and that only someone who doesn't watch much football would think that. I didn't say anything about "humanly impossible" or anything of the sort. I said what's true, which is that I watch football whenever its on, including catching at least part of nearly every game (don't watch much of the really bad teams at the end of the season, I'm afraid) on Sunday. That's my point. I didn't compare myself to him, I just said that, unless you record games and watch them later, then you can't watch more than I do, because I'm always watching. Its simple. Don't be a douche.
football fans always watch unless there one of those fans who only watch ther team. so what im saying is you cant say you watch more because you think you do or because you watch as much as you can . you dont know if he watches more than you or less thats all im saying(unless you know the guy of course)
John Wall
Old 12-17-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

And my point is that I was never saying that I watched more or less than him. The "you" I referenced was the "universal you" used in all forms of rhetoric. It wasn't a comparison to the poster I was talking to, but rather to everyone, and I never said I watched more, I said it would not be possible to watch more than me without the help of recording equipment.

Do I really need to break it down like this? ****.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 12-17-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And my point is that I was never saying that I watched more or less than him. The "you" I referenced was the "universal you" used in all forms of rhetoric. It wasn't a comparison to the poster I was talking to, but rather to everyone, and I never said I watched more, I said it would not be possible to watch more than me without the help of recording equipment.

Do I really need to break it down like this? ****.
well i guess you did because i understand what you were saying now lol thats my fault
John Wall
Old 12-17-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

*sigh* It's just not worth it, it's really not.

This is the ******* NFL, every sack is earned against NFL players. Offenses run schemes, QB's change plays, there are double teams and backs to block.

I've seen much worse OL preformances from Giants games alone, lett alone primetime and other local games I watch.

And nobody who knows their **** will look back at the 13 sacks, they'll look at the 6 sack game and be like "hot damn, he was on".

Stop acting like you're hot **** and know everything and everyone else is wrong, very annoying.

And writing a novel everytime someone disagrees with you or badmouths a beloved Cowboys is annoying as well.

Maybe you should start another LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE thread, that was clever and hilarious
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
I've heard people say this before and I don't understand where it comes from.
Madden :D

Demarcus Ware is interesting to look at from a draft perspective. Great production and through the roof workout numbers but played in a division which is less than impressive. I'm starting to think more and more that if someone has the athleticism and production then their level of competition isn't that much of a concern as long as they are in Div 1. I mean is the Sun Belt conference really that much worse than the Big East or Pac 10 etc when evaluating prospects? In terms of size/speed (6-5 256 lbs with 4.54 speed and 32 reps), production (10 sacks) and level of competition (MAC) Trevor Scott would probably be the best comparison to Ware from the last draft and he slipped late in the draft and has been an absolute steal. It's so important to teams to be able to target these smaller conference players that can rush the passer in the NFL.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
*sigh* It's just not worth it, it's really not.

This is the ******* NFL, every sack is earned against NFL players. Offenses run schemes, QB's change plays, there are double teams and backs to block.

I've seen much worse OL preformances from Giants games alone, lett alone primetime and other local games I watch.

And nobody who knows their **** will look back at the 13 sacks, they'll look at the 6 sack game and be like "hot damn, he was on".

Stop acting like you're hot **** and know everything and everyone else is wrong, very annoying.

And writing a novel everytime someone disagrees with you or badmouths a beloved Cowboys is annoying as well.

Maybe you should start another LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE thread, that was clever and hilarious

Or maybe you could take off those big, blue glasses on your face and call a spade a spade. Do you see Winston Justice playing in the NFL? No, you don't, because the only time he got a chance he was horrible. He wasn't an NFL caliber lineman, period, and it wasn't even close.

Its not like I'm really even arguing with your point, really. Sure, a sack is a sack, and in the long term this thing will get swept under the rug and forgotten by all but serious NFL aficionados.

My point is that its certainly relevant to bring it up, and that if you don't admit just how awful Winston Justice was that night then you are clearly only defending an argument based upon how it makes your guy look. Any time someone on this board wants to make a joke about how bad an offensive lineman played in a given game, they pull out the Winston Justice card. Get in touch with reality.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 12-18-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Apparently Gathier has only given up 2 sacks this year, I wonder if Ware gets any on him?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Apparently Gathier has only given up 2 sacks this year, I wonder if Ware gets any on him?
Ware will also lineup in front of the RT (IIRC he had one sack against the Giants RT sunday) and Wade will use some exotic package (like our version of the 46) occasionaly. I really like when we put James next to Ellis or Ware because the OT can only block one of them.
Ware always gets at least a sack against the Eagles so I expect him to get at least one in week 17. If he gets 2 against the Ravens he has a good chance to break or tie the record.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Lionsfan93
Rookie

Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.

DeMarcus Ware should break the sack record, i mean he' been a beast of late and he's gotten at least 1 sack in 13 of 14 games played
Lionsfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
One interesting thing about DeMarcus is that he always seems to produce better sack numbers against good competition than against the really bad players. Its always bothered me. For example, going into last year the Giants were moving Diehl to LT, and most thought their OL would be mediocre at best (since proven wrong, but at the time that was the general consensus), and Miami was boasting one of the worst OLs in the league. Dallas started the season against those two teams. Sack city, right? Not so much. Ware failed to tally a sack in either game.

Later we play St Louis, who had been getting beaten down on the OL and giving up tons of sacks. Big day for DWare, right? Nope. He gets just one measly sack and not much else. Later in the year, we play Detroit, who has been getting Kitna KILLED all year long, giving up 6,7, 8 sacks almost every game. Ware goes nuts? **** no. No sacks. Also none against the horrible Jets offensive line.

Meanwhile, in games against Washington (Samuels), Philly (Thomas), Buffalo (Peters), New England (Light, when their OL was playing unbelievably well), Chicago (Tait), and GB (Clifton)--8 games total against excellent, even PB and All Pro caliber competition--he tallied 10 sacks. Compared to his performance against St Louis, Detroit, NYJ, and Mia, in which he tallied a grand total of 1.

This has continued into this year, as he absolutely killed Walter Jones, dominated Samuel, whipped Orlando Pace and just destroyed both McKenzie and Diehl (who have had very good seasons in all non-Cowboy games).

So it could actually be a good sign that Gaither has been playing well in pass pro. DeMarcus seems to respond against better competition.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 12-18-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tait sucks ass

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote