Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never gonna happen but, can you imagine if Marty signed on to be our D. Coord. That would be crazy but, it would never ever happen. I really want us to get Stewart in a more serious sense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dat Nguyen named linebackers coach for you guys. That seems fitting, a guy I always rooted for.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

Draft:
1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
7. BPA
7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.
Oh yea sorry I forgot I put the signing of Hamlin, in that case I would take Tank Tyler in the 2nd.
You really need to learn to read. Tank is gone at 26 in scotts mock. He won't be available at our second round pick in real life either.
Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. I don't give a crap what Scott says. Is Scotts mock the bible? No offense but Scott is no expert. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Coming into this season Scott didn't even have Newman in his top 15 CB's after giving up no TD's in a whole season, 1st time in NFL History, and will be the only time in a long time. Now if you call that an expert, good luck with that.

:roll:

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.
no offense but neither are you
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
Dat Nguyen named linebackers coach for you guys. That seems fitting, a guy I always rooted for.
One of my all-time fav players no one worked harder than the man. He'll make a hell of a head coach one day, IMO.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-13-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft:
7. BPA
7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.
Oh yea sorry I forgot I put the signing of Hamlin, in that case I would take Tank Tyler in the 2nd.
You really need to learn to read. Tank is gone at 26 in scotts mock. He won't be available at our second round pick in real life either.
Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. I don't give a crap what Scott says. Is Scotts mock the bible? No offense but Scott is no expert. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Coming into this season Scott didn't even have Newman in his top 15 CB's after giving up no TD's in a whole season, 1st time in NFL History, and will be the only time in a long time. Now if you call that an expert, good luck with that.

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.

Um... Listen, you haven't been around very long, so let me fill you in. Scott is an expert. He really knows 1000 times more than you will ever, so I'd respect his opinion. BTW, this is pretty funny. I considered putting it in my sig, but I decided not too. Now, please. PLEASE don't try to act like the expert that you think Scott isn't.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
One of my all-time fav players no one worked harder than the man. He'll make a hell of a head coach one day, IMO.
I really like this move, too. I think he can be a heck of a coach.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft:
7. BPA
7. BPA

The point for me saying you needed to read was D-Unit's statement that started this whole thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Ok... Let's play a game...

You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
But if you want to continue making ignorant statements thats your doing. Tank Tyler might not have the talent level of a first round pick...however NT value in this draft is nowhere to be seen on the first day...so someone will reach for him due to his size alone. He will be a top 40 pick.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Quote:
Yipee I can't wait to seeing him in Texas Stadium again.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring in some coaching positions.

Quote:
The Cowboys will also interview Oakland Raiders running backs coach Skip Peete, Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst and University of Virginia assistant head coach for offense/wide receivers coach John Garrett.

Peete joined the Raiders in 1998 as running backs coach. He is the brother of former NFL quarterback Rodney Peete.

Garrett is the brother of Cowboys assistant Jason Garrett.

Inside linebackers coach Vincent Brown will not return to the Cowboys staff.
I had a feeling Brown was out. Parcells pulled him out of the high school ranks last year if my memory serves me right.

Phillips wasn't lying when he said he wanted the organization to be like family.

We also signed a couple people.

Quote:
The Cowboys hired two assistant coaches Tuesday and are expected to add a third soon.

The Cowboys hired former linebacker Dat Nguyen as defensive quality control/linebackers coach and Wesley Phillips as offensive assistant coach/quality control. Wesley Phillips is the son of head coach Wade Phillips.

Tennessee wide receivers coach Ray Sherman, who interviewed with the Cowboys Tuesday, is also expected to join the Cowboys staff as receivers coach.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16691545.htm

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Bring in some coaching positions.

Quote:
The Cowboys will also interview Oakland Raiders running backs coach Skip Peete, Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst and University of Virginia assistant head coach for offense/wide receivers coach John Garrett.

Peete joined the Raiders in 1998 as running backs coach. He is the brother of former NFL quarterback Rodney Peete.

Garrett is the brother of Cowboys assistant Jason Garrett.

Inside linebackers coach Vincent Brown will not return to the Cowboys staff.
I had a feeling Brown was out. Parcells pulled him out of the high school ranks last year if my memory serves me right.

Phillips wasn't lying when he said he wanted the organization to be like family.

We also signed a couple people.

Quote:
The Cowboys hired two assistant coaches Tuesday and are expected to add a third soon.

The Cowboys hired former linebacker Dat Nguyen as defensive quality control/linebackers coach and Wesley Phillips as offensive assistant coach/quality control. Wesley Phillips is the son of head coach Wade Phillips.

Tennessee wide receivers coach Ray Sherman, who interviewed with the Cowboys Tuesday, is also expected to join the Cowboys staff as receivers coach.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16691545.htm
That one gave me a good laugh. About Sherman, I have mixed feelings about him. He's alright, but I'm not really pumped. If I could have one coach from up here, I'd have Craig Johnson, the QB coach. Now he's a good one. He helped develop Steve McNair into a great QB, he made Billy Volek into a good QB, and now he's really done wonders for Vince. I'd love to see him in Dallas to tutor Romo. But as far as Sherman goes... ho-hum.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hell yes, he was always one of most underrated MLB when he played. I was real upset when he had that injury last year, I knew we lost a great leader. I still remember the days Dat and Dexter Coakly used fly around all over place making plays with there speed, which was only a few years ago, but still. They were both undersized, but still they were big part of those Dave Campo defenses. Not to mention he was hero and role model to the large Asian community here in the Metroplex area.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you think will be the DC?
I hope Dat will be our DC in the future.. I've red his book last year and I think he will be an hell of a coach. He got heart and passion and he works so hard.. He was a leader in HS, college and NFL. Even if everytime there was someone saying he was too small to play.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Are you serious? I mean really... R U SERIOUS???

Tyler won't be there for us in Round 2. I just can't fatthom it... and I'm willing to put up any bet.

Secondly, we don't need to focus our entire draft on our OL. We need to address our defense. Our defense let us down in the end. Our offense was 5th in the league in putting up points.... alls we need is a Guard in FA.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft:
7. BPA
7. BPA

no offense but neither are you
I know I am not, but I don't think Scott is anything special. Tank Tyler as been falling, I'm pretty sure he will go in round 2.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
Oh I didn't see those rules, sorry. In that case, this is how my off-season would go:

FA: Kris Dielman, Ken Hamlin, and John Brown

Draft:
Round 1: DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, NT, NC State
Round 2: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
Round 3: Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennesee
Round 4: Andre Allison, WR, East Carolina
Round 5: Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
Round 6: A Center
Round 7: More O-line Depth
Round 7: A linebacker
Round 7: BPA

Hows That?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Tyler won't be there for us in Round 2. I just can't fatthom it... and I'm willing to put up any bet.

Secondly, we don't need to focus our entire draft on our OL. We need to address our defense. Our defense let us down in the end. Our offense was 5th in the league in putting up points.... alls we need is a Guard in FA.
The way Tank Tyler preformed in senior bowl, I don't believe Cowboys will spend any first day picks to draft him, he can't push any OGs in one on one during the practice as well as in the game. Who's the coach in senior bowl? Wade Phillips.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
Quote:

The way Tank Tyler preformed in senior bowl, I don't believe Cowboys will spend any first day picks to draft him, he can't push any OGs in one on one during the practice as well as in the game. Who's the coach in senior bowl? Wade Phillips.
Thank you, but Wade Phillips did not coach the Senior Bowl. But thanks for saying Tank will fall, because he will.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hell yes, he was always one of most underrated MLB when he played. I was real upset when he had that injury last year, I knew we lost a great leader. I still remember the days Dat and Dexter Coakly used fly around all over place making plays with there speed, which was only a few years ago, but still. They were both undersized, but still they were big part of those Dave Campo defenses. Not to mention he was hero and role model to the large Asian community here in the Metroplex area.
Dexter and Dat wow those were the days of LB's, imagine them and Ware together for a few years wow that would be dominating if they were as oung as he is now. What ever happened to Dexter? I know the Rams picked him up but nothing since.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mike Zimmer to interview for Chargers job.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-14-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you, but Wade Phillips did not coach the Senior Bowl. But thanks for saying Tank will fall, because he will.
This is very bad.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So first you say, he will be there for us in the second... then you back down from that a little and say he will be in the second, not necessarily when we pick... and now you say... he will fall...

Lemme ask.. Fall from where??? Fall out of the second round? You can't say that you meant "fall out of the first"... cause you never thought he should be in the first round to begin with.... So what do you mean when you say he'll fall?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously hope you guys aren't dumb enough to say that just because Scott has Tyler going in the first round, then there is no way that he will fall. No disrespect to Scott, but that is just stupid. No one knows what is going to happen on draft day, even the day before the draft when everything has been said and done and all the evaluation work is compiled and all players have been cemented as exactly what they are going to be. Things still happen from out of nowhere. And right now we haven't even seen the combine workouts or the individual pro-days, and a ton of evaluators are still trying to get up to speed on the under-classmen. Let's get real.

If you remember, at this time last year Scott had one Gabe Watson projected as a late 1st round pick, and--unlike Tyler--he actually was one of the most impressive players from the Senior Bowl week. We all know how that turned out, and everyone on this board would have been skeeting all over the place at the opportunity to get him with our 3rd rounder, had we done that. In addition, Scott had Jason Hatcher as a late-round/project guy who did not have the necessary explosiveness to be an impact pass rusher in the league, and probably wouldn't contribute much for his first season or two. We all know how that turned out.

So, to say that because he is not available after #26 by Scott's line of thinking does not mean that he won't be there for us in the 2nd round. Personally, I think he will fall way down to at least the mid-late 2nd, and maybe all the way to the 3rd. He did nothing to impress at the Senior Bowl, and likely will not put up anything impressive in his workouts. As such, I would not be comfortable spending either a 1st or a 2nd on him. But, then, I'm no expert.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So first you say, he will be there for us in the second... then you back down from that a little and say he will be in the second, not necessarily when we pick... and now you say... he will fall...

Lemme ask.. Fall from where??? Fall out of the second round? You can't say that you meant "fall out of the first"... cause you never thought he should be in the first round to begin with.... So what do you mean when you say he'll fall?
He will fall out of the first round.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
I seriously hope you guys aren't dumb enough to say that just because Scott has Tyler going in the first round, then there is no way that he will fall. No disrespect to Scott, but that is just stupid. No one knows what is going to happen on draft day, even the day before the draft when everything has been said and done and all the evaluation work is compiled and all players have been cemented as exactly what they are going to be. Things still happen from out of nowhere. And right now we haven't even seen the combine workouts or the individual pro-days, and a ton of evaluators are still trying to get up to speed on the under-classmen. Let's get real.

If you remember, at this time last year Scott had one Gabe Watson projected as a late 1st round pick, and--unlike Tyler--he actually was one of the most impressive players from the Senior Bowl week. We all know how that turned out, and everyone on this board would have been skeeting all over the place at the opportunity to get him with our 3rd rounder, had we done that. In addition, Scott had Jason Hatcher as a late-round/project guy who did not have the necessary explosiveness to be an impact pass rusher in the league, and probably wouldn't contribute much for his first season or two. We all know how that turned out.

So, to say that because he is not available after #26 by Scott's line of thinking does not mean that he won't be there for us in the 2nd round. Personally, I think he will fall way down to at least the mid-late 2nd, and maybe all the way to the 3rd. He did nothing to impress at the Senior Bowl, and likely will not put up anything impressive in his workouts. As such, I would not be comfortable spending either a 1st or a 2nd on him. But, then, I'm no expert.
What do you guys have to say to that?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine

The problem with Watson was that his play in college.... or lack of it... scared everybody from drafting him. Goes to show a Senior Bowl performance is not EVERYTHING. On the other hand, DeMarcus Tyler had a monster senior season and he's been steady throughout his career.

I also think that his performance in the Senior bowl is being overexaggerated... Somebody saw him get blocked in a 2 second highlight clip and that's it... they're all convinced he sucks... That's dumb. These practices are not the best indicator of what they can do. There is no game film study on their opponent, no preparation... just go out and go... I listened to an interview from Tyler from during the season and he talks about how much time he invests in studying his opponent. If you look up some scouting analysis from the Senior Bowl on Tyler you'll notice that Wednesday was his breakout day and he did very well after that... Just goes to show... he improved after getting to know his opponent, instead of the other way around.

That interview was great actually... he talked about how he plays the game... as the vocal leader on the DL... he spoke of his spitting acusation... saying that he didn't spit purposely, but that he talks loud on the field and in the moment, stuff might've flied out while talking to the OL he was barking to.