Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't feel like quoting that huge post, but Browns fans are anything but loyal.

I was at the home opener against the Steelers last season. Before the first half was over they were chanting for Anderson. Then by the end of the 3rd they were chanting for Quinn.

Selling out a stadium doesnt make fans loyal. Booing the teams starting QB, booing players that get injured, and turning on players like Braylon arnt very loyal at all.

I can't think of many fanbases that are worse than Clevelands. They have alot of fans, but they all seem to hate their team for some reason or another.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Don't feel like quoting that huge post, but Browns fans are anything but loyal.

I was at the home opener against the Steelers last season. Before the first half was over they were chanting for Anderson. Then by the end of the 3rd they were chanting for Quinn.

Selling out a stadium doesnt make fans loyal. Booing the teams starting QB, booing players that get injured, and turning on players like Braylon arnt very loyal at all.

I can't think of many fanbases that are worse than Clevelands. They have alot of fans, but they all seem to hate their team for some reason or another.

ever meet someone who was just negative all the time who just hated everything well those people have bad lives they live in crappy citys in crappy houses with crappy smelling air and have crappy football teams browns fans are those type of people
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think Browns fans might over exaggerate more than any other fan base in the NFL along with Steelers fans (not meaning to talk ****, but I know plenty of Steelers fans that live in the Cleveland area and they tend to thing an incompletion means the team sucks and they won't make the playoffs one minute and then think theyre the best team ever after a completion the next play)

I think most of the fans have problems with fans that are just uneducated idiots who think because they pay for a seat at a game that they are right no matter what they say. The best example of this is Derek Anderson. The guy is a class act, doesn't do anything controversial, never has been disrespectful to the PUBLIC, DISRESPECTFUL TO THE MEDIA... AND THEY KICKED THE KID WHEN HE WAS DOWN ON THE FIELD AND CHEERED HIM...... /Gundyrantover. Derek Anderson never had a chance to succeed in this town unless he was literally perfect (super bowl winner). This team wanted Brady to play all along, and thought that no matter what happened, the loss was squarely on Derek Anderson's shoulders.

The fans second favorite player to hate on has been Braylon Edwards. The guy has deserved the boos he has received, and part of the problem is Braylon NEVER mans up. When he does say he dropped a pass or screwed up, its like 3 weeks after the game he played horribly in and usually in a game where we either won or he played decent. For him to man up, its like "Yeah look at me i am mature i manned up for something that happened 3 weeks ago." He says he tries and gives his all every week, that is such bull **** its not even funny. He constantly quits on routes, constantly loses focus, constantly dogs it, constantly drops passes... That is the main reason why he gets booed.

I want Braylon Edwards to succeed, but it is not going to happen in Cleveland. He has been a marked man since day one, but the thing is if he could play anything like he did last yea he would be a hero to this city, and I do not think he realizes that. It's a shame that he has made an effort and the fans cannot be patient with him... I really do not think Braylon goes into gameday thinking "Hey, how many passes can I drop today." I think poor coaching has led to a majority of his problems, coaches shouldn't let him get so down and out of a game after a few drops or a few bad plays... It is also ridiculous that anyone is harassed like that in public, I have met Braylon on two occasions, once was just a wave and I wished him luck before the game, but another time I actually got to talk to him and he was a decent guy.

The Cleveland fan base and media is going to run the guy with the highest potential right out of town, he said he was ready to leave before last year, but that season and the way the fans reacted changed his mind. Now he is right back to wanting to leave, and its very obvious.

Thing is, if Braylon goes this year, and Derek goes this year... Kellen Winslow is gonna get all the hate directed right at him, no matter what the guy does... I've heard some pretty insane statements about him too, people still dwell on the motorcycle accident and what not.

To sum it up, Cleveland fans are douche bags.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
ever meet someone who was just negative all the time who just hated everything well those people have bad lives they live in crappy citys in crappy houses with crappy smelling air and have crappy football teams browns fans are those type of people
The west side of Cleveland is very nice, and I imagine that is where alot of the ticket sales go, so crappy citys, crappy houses, crappy smelling air are all negated.

Crappy football knowledge + OSU bias is the most annoying thing about fans in this area.

Most of the people around here fall into the following groups a.) Bandwagon OSU/Steelers fan b.) Bandwagon OSU/Fake Browns fan c.) Browns fan first, OSU fan second.

Category B. makes up most of the fans around here, and most of them are the rich business people that either sell their tickets to opposing teams fans or come in and talk nonsense because theyre absolutely ********. The sad thing is, category c. isn't much better when it comes to showing players respect or football knowledge.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 12-18-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
The west side of Cleveland is very nice, and I imagine that is where alot of the ticket sales go, so crappy citys, crappy houses, crappy smelling air are all negated.

Crappy football knowledge + OSU bias is the most annoying thing about fans in this area.

Most of the people around here fall into the following groups a.) Bandwagon OSU/Steelers fan b.) Bandwagon OSU/Fake Browns fan c.) Browns fan first, OSU fan second.

Category B. makes up most of the fans around here, and most of them are the rich business people that either sell their tickets to opposing teams fans or come in and talk nonsense because theyre absolutely ********. The sad thing is, category c. isn't much better when it comes to showing players respect or football knowledge.
i was joking cleveland dont have crappy houses there nice
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 12-18-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
i was joking cleveland dont have crappy houses there nice
Ya its a nice area to live in, Braylon lives in like the nicest development in my city on a golf course.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ya its a nice area to live in, Braylon lives in like the nicest development in my city on a golf course.
people give Cleveland alot of crap lol ive personally never been there.
John Wall
Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
people give Cleveland alot of crap lol ive personally never been there.
The city itself leaves A LOT to be desired.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't gonna read that whole post. Sorry simply to long to hold my attention.

But I read the last line and I completly agree. **** my Browns fan roommate.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I wasn't gonna read that whole post. Sorry simply to long to hold my attention.

But I read the last line and I completly agree. **** my Browns fan roommate.
Understandable... That post kind of snowballed, I just kind of threw out every thought I had into one giant post.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns fans are just flat out tired of losing. When you're continuously losing it's easy for the average fan to point out and boo the interception run back for a touchdown or a dropped touchdown catch. When it repeatedly happens you want to blame that person for the loss. For them it's hard for them to see the missed block or the poorly thrown pass or good defense.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Browns fans are just flat out tired of losing. When you're continuously losing it's easy for the average fan to point out and boo the interception run back for a touchdown or a dropped touchdown catch. When it repeatedly happens you want to blame that person for the loss. For them it's hard for them to see the missed block or the poorly thrown pass or good defense.
That's why they're being bad fans, because they just want to blame one player or take their anger out on one player.

I'm tired of hearing how we're sick of losing, how is booing and treating a guy with braylon edward's potential like **** going to help at all? It isn't.

I know this probably won't sound like alot to some people who have good teams or have had to put up with **** for alot longer... But I haven't missed a QUARTER of Browns football in over 5 years, I didn't cheer when Anderson got hurt, I don't boo Braylon every play, I don't sit back and yell "NICE PLAY CALL ROMEO YOU DUMBASS!" (Mostly because I know he doesn't call the plays...) But seriously, Browns fans yell **** just to yell ****, it gets soooooooooo annoying in the dawg pound with some of the crap I hear from the fans, they come off as a bunch of drunk clueless retards, and half of them aren't even that way because they're drunk...

I remember monday night football when we were destroying the Giants going to the bathroom and hearing from the fans "If Quinn was in we would be doing so much better." and it was agreed upon by everyone in there... They don't appreciate **** and want change all of the time.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's why they're being bad fans, because they just want to blame one player or take their anger out on one player.

I'm tired of hearing how we're sick of losing, how is booing and treating a guy with braylon edward's potential like **** going to help at all? It isn't.

I know this probably won't sound like alot to some people who have good teams or have had to put up with **** for alot longer... But I haven't missed a QUARTER of Browns football in over 5 years, I didn't cheer when Anderson got hurt, I don't boo Braylon every play, I don't sit back and yell "NICE PLAY CALL ROMEO YOU DUMBASS!" (Mostly because I know he doesn't call the plays...) But seriously, Browns fans yell **** just to yell ****, it gets soooooooooo annoying in the dawg pound with some of the crap I hear from the fans, they come off as a bunch of drunk clueless retards, and half of them aren't even that way because they're drunk...

I remember monday night football when we were destroying the Giants going to the bathroom and hearing from the fans "If Quinn was in we would be doing so much better." and it was agreed upon by everyone in there... They don't appreciate **** and want change all of the time.
I was agreeing that they're mistreating certain players but critiquing a play call or someone's playing ability is part of watching football (As long as you're questioning the right person and not yelling it obnoxioiusly).
Old 12-19-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I was agreeing that they're mistreating certain players but critiquing a play call or someone's playing ability is part of watching football (As long as you're questioning the right person and not yelling it obnoxioiusly).
Alot of people around me in the dawg pound will yell "NICE PLAY CALL ROMEO YOU FAT ASS WHY DONT YOU GO EAT SOME DONUTS."

The dude doesn't even make the play calls...

Old 12-19-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Take it for what it's worth.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

It's not just Browns fans who are douches....its most fans of most teams and most sports....because most people in general are douches.

I hate people...
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
It's not just Browns fans who are douches....its most fans of most teams and most sports....because most people in general are douches.

I hate people...
i know i wish people would die lol
then i would have peace
John Wall