Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
With that said, I'm going to write down my personal favorites, not exactly the best , but my favorites to watch.

MLB (4-3):

1. Patrick Willis- I love this line backer, he does everything right, and really, is there a faster more athletic MLB in the NFL right now? He has the ultimate sideline to sideline ability, the strength to be powerful at the point of attack and the ability to chase plays down from behind. I love Willis. He is though, this year, being ran at much more, but his mentality and experience are catching up with his instincts and physical ability. Willis has become the gold standard for the position in the future when scouting and projecting middle line backers in the NFL. Willis has snatched the crown from Urlacher and Lewis and he wears it proud. It's scary to think that he plays on a piss poor defense, I can only imagine what kind of numbers he could talley on an elite defensive squad.

2. Kirk Morrison- He is more of an unknown under rated player simply for the reason that he plays for the struggling Raiders. But if your a AFC West team's fan then you know Morrison and I bet that if your a Charger, Bronco or Chief fan then you probably can't stand the dude. He is the perfect example of a player being over scouted and his production being over looked due to lack of competition in college. Remeber, Morrison, who is now one of the best MLB was picked after his counter part, Matt McCoy, who went to the Eagles in the 2nd round of the 2005 NFL Draft while Kirk Morrison went to the Raiders in the 3rd. Morrison is a monster and I can't say enough about him. It's a shame that he and Thomas Howard are all alone in the front seven. Had Morrison had a legit run stuffing/ pocket collapsing DT in fron tof him can you imagine how much more he would produce? He is the ultimate leader and has been the man on that defense since his rookie year and has yet to give it up.

3. Brian Urlacher- I know Urlacher has his detractors, but you have to admit, he is one of the best line backers of the past decade and he will in no doubt become a first ballot Hall of Fame inductee whe his time comes. There isn't a better middle line backer in coverage and for his size he has one of the best size to speed ratio's ever for his position. Urlacher is the pinnacle of instincts and diagnosing plays before they happen. Urlacher has that uncanney ability to be a game changing player on any given play. Urlacher also has that leadership that you only get if your born with it. He is a natural leader that not only leads by word, but by example. If it hadn't been for Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher would have been the best MLB in the last 25 years. He has sideline to sideline speed, he has outstanding coverage abilities, he has the explosion to get off the ball and into the back fied for a sack, he has the instincts that rival the greats, his passion for the game is unmatched and he has always been a loyal and team guy from the day he was drafted. And even now, getting into his late 20's, when the MLB are supposed to hit their down cycle, Urlacher still seems to be in his prime and still is the major driving force behind that Bears defense. Urlacher, to me, is one of the funnest players to watch live. He just makes you love football when you watch him play.
Morrison over Urlacher? wow. I would like to see Morrison put on an defense that actually have more then 3 solid starters in its front 7 and see if his stats continue to stay.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not sure I buy Morrison as a top 3 middle linebacker. I really like Kirk as a player and he's one of my favorite guys on the Raiders, but he's simply not a big enough force inside the box to be there yet. The potential is there, he's definitely strong enough, but he doesn't move into the hole very instinctively and it doesn't help that the defensive line may be the worst at gap-control in the entire league. He's a monster on the move and he's great in coverage. If Oakland had instituted a Tampa 2 offense before this season (as Kiffin planned on doing), we'd really see what Morrison could do. He's a fantastic open field tackler and great on the deep drop.

He's a defender I really like, but it's hard to evaluate him on this team.