Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-13-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy
As far as needs i'd actually put it like this.

ILB-We need a run stuffer.

DT-Pressure on the QB always makes CB's better than they really are.

CB-We just need someone who doesn't fall for every double move.
Yeah. I think we cut Fred Thomas this offseason due to him receiving the dreaded vote of confidence.

His Toast Has Been Buttered!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bucknut12
Rookie

bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.

I'd love to see us go after Dre Bly if the price isn't too high.
bucknut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Bly would be a stop gap due to his age. On top of that, i don't see the organization going after a player who is in his 30's when there are so good and solid CB free agents this year.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-14-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd for Bly. He's 30, so he might only have two or so years left in him..but he would be an upgrade. Even if we get him we'd still need to get a CB to groom in the draft.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hopefully, we will go after Bly...

he will deff improve our CB corp up.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a little tidbit to let you guys know but this weekend during NBA Allstar weekend Reggie Bush will be playing in the Celebrity game 7:00pm friday on ESPN, he better be careful cause Michael Clarke Duncan could end his career.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just as long as he doesn't get injured..
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
The dude in your sig, Aaron Ross, is the main player I want the Saints to draft.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-16-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What have you guys been hearing about our free agent moves and us franchising Grant?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I. Hate. Life.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 02-16-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Wow Reggie Bush sprained his ankle in the NBA celebrity game.

wtf our best players are getting hurt in meaningless exhibition games! He should be fine though.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
Wow Reggie Bush sprained his ankle in the NBA celebrity game.

wtf our best players are getting hurt in meaningless exhibition games! He should be fine though.
Haha lol, it looked pretty bad at the time but it was nothing, shoot he may be 49 but the Saints should try out Duncan Clarke for the O-line, he's bigger than any Saint.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Haha lol, it looked pretty bad at the time but it was nothing, shoot he may be 49 but the Saints should try out Duncan Clarke for the O-line, he's bigger than any Saint.
Lol, I don't know if he's bigger than Hollis Thomas, cause that's one big dude. 315 lbs is a bit generous for him. (#99)

Old 02-17-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
Quote:
Lol, I don't know if he's bigger than Hollis Thomas, cause that's one big dude. 315 lbs is a bit generous for him. (#99)

I think 415 lbs would be a bit generous for him. Anyone heard anything on Reggie? I mean I dont like him but I dont wanna see anybody injured.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Minor ankle sprain. He'll be just fine.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nVjwzOCxQU <<Aaron Ross Highlight Vid.

Opinions on Justin Harrell? he seems like a hard working player that fits into Payton's player mold. It shows a lot that he put off his surgery for a week and played through pain, to try and help his team win a big game vs. Florida.
Quote:
Has good size with long arms and the frame to bulk up further...Athletic with solid speed and good quickness...Is mobile with pretty good range...Plays the run well and is a good tackler...Will penetrate and make plays in the backfield...Tough and will play through pain...May have some versatility...Hard worker...Top intangibles.
Put off surgery for a week so he could help his team in a big game against Florida...Does everything well but doesn't really stand out in any one area
and here is my latest Saints 1st day mock.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

That sucks about Reggie Bush, but he should be fine.

BTW, Auron, I'm a bit iffy on Chris Houston. I think the best CB that is going to be there for us in the 1st Round is Aaron Ross as he is just the type of guy that we look for.

I don't think David Harris will last until the third round but he is a great player and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the black and gold.

And lastly, I like Justin Harrell and I think that he'd be a good fit for us. He seems like a Sean Payton kind of guy.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-17-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Here's the Reggie Bush injury, the first time you like in slo mo the replay it looks terrible like he could have broken it but you can see he simply rolled it and just had a minor sprain.http://youtube.com/watch?v=n8C3bUWolqI

Old 02-17-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

^ Ouch.

I'd be fine with either Ross, or Houston. As long as they take a CB 1st day, if they don't take corner in round 1, Jackson, Wright, Irons, or Bennett would be good in the later rounds.

Harris is a guy that might slide a bit after the combine because he won't put up amazing workout numbers.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Saints Dome Patrol and I are doing a fantasy offseason/mock draft right now on this website. So far, this is what has happened.

Saints offseason:

Free Agents Signed
CB Rod Hood (Eagles)
CB Jason David (Colts) (Indy receives 4th Rd pick from NO)
DT Alfonso Boone (Bears)
LB Donnie Edwards (Chargers)

Free Agents Retained
DT Hollis Thomas
DE Charles Grant
OG Montrae Holland
TE Billy Miller
S Omar Stoutmire
OT Jon Stinchcomb

Restricted FA Tendered
WR Jamal Jones
WR Terrance Copper
DT Rodney Leisle
LB Terrance Melton

Players Cut
LB Alfred Fincher
CB Fred Thomas
CB Jason Craft
TE Ernie Conwell
P Mitch Berger

I think the Saints did a terrific job this offseason.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-17-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

What about Danny Clark?

Old 02-17-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Here's the Reggie Bush injury, the first time you like in slo mo the replay it looks terrible like he could have broken it but you can see he simply rolled it and just had a minor sprain.http://youtube.com/watch?v=n8C3bUWolqI
hope reggie is ok ....ive been working at the nba all star all week i saw it personally when he got injured hope it isnt something serious!
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
What about Danny Clark?
Lost him. He signed with the Texans.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-18-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bucknut12
Rookie

bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.

[quote="Auron"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nVjwzOCxQU <<Aaron Ross Highlight Vid.

Opinions on Justin Harrell? he seems like a hard working player that fits into Payton's player mold. It shows a lot that he put off his surgery for a week and played through pain, to try and help his team win a big game vs. Florida.
Quote:
Has good size with long arms and the frame to bulk up further...Athletic with solid speed and good quickness...Is mobile with pretty good range...Plays the run well and is a good tackler...Will penetrate and make plays in the backfield...Tough and will play through pain...May have some versatility...Hard worker...Top intangibles.
Put off surgery for a week so he could help his team in a big game against Florida...Does everything well but doesn't really stand out in any one area
and here is my latest Saints 1st day mock.
[/quoe]I don't see Harris getting out of the 2nd round.
bucknut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I would love to have Ross, but his age is a sorta turn-off for me.