Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 12-21-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man this team always finds a way to finish the season 7-9 or 8-8.

I actually think our offense is good for next year with the exception of a player or two on the OL. I think we have quality players at all the offensive skill positions right now. We really need to fix things up on defense though. Our secondary has been getting shredded week after week now. I'll have my new mock idea up soon
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Steve Johnson continues to work hard, he will be our 2/3 wr next season.
I think our offense will be fine, they arent doing TOO bad this year.... maybe a real T.E and a center

defense desperatly needs schobel back... then they need to draft a playmaker at DE, Selvie or Orakpo
also, they need to make another FA signing in leroy Hill at OLB
Old 12-21-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
if Steve Johnson continues to work hard, he will be our 2/3 wr next season.
I think our offense will be fine, they arent doing TOO bad this year.... maybe a real T.E and a center

defense desperatly needs schobel back... then they need to draft a playmaker at DE, Selvie or Orakpo
also, they need to make another FA signing in leroy Hill at OLB
I think our offense is fine with Robert Royal/Schouman/Fine at TE for now.

Honestly I'm thinking we should go with Taylor Mays with our first round pick. I've noticed that teams have been throwing deep over the middle against us with regularity and it's because we don't have an athletic centerfielder kind of safety back there. I think adding Mays to our defense will keep teams from trying to go deep against us and do to our defense what LaRon Landry is doing for Washington.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What good pass-rushing DEs would be available in the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
What good pass-rushing DEs would be available in the 2nd round?
Connor Barwin comes to mind.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe we can draft Taylor Mays, and then traded up into the 1st and grab a pure pass rusher like George Selvie...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
maybe we can draft Taylor Mays, and then traded up into the 1st and grab a pure pass rusher like George Selvie...
George Selvie shouldn't play DE in the NFL though. He'll be pushed around way too much
Old 12-22-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
George Selvie shouldn't play DE in the NFL though. He'll be pushed around way too much

yeah, i was actually reading up one the DE's

the one i actually really like if Everette Brown from FSU, hes explosive off the line, and he has a killer spin move
hes a really good pass rusher
Old 12-22-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

You know, I have been actually thinking about the possibilities of taking Mays aswell. Mays is the type of draftpick that could make an instant impact on a team and really push the Bills defense to reach elite status.

The only part I dont like about it is fact that we would be using yet another top pick on secondary. Maybe it is not a bad thing, but it does seem like an over investment.

If Mays isnt the choice I would really like to see our oline addressed, especially the interior, but a tackle is not out of the question.

What are your guys thoughts on the how to adress the online right now. Should it be done through the draft or free agency or both?
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

well, the offensive line..... i think one thing that could help them
is make them all lose about 20lbs this offseason
they (aside from butler) look so out of shape

also a center Like Mack wouldnt hurt
Old 12-22-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Too true. I was hoping after getting rid of *shudders* Mike Williams that we were moving in the direction of having an athletic oline. But after what I saw this season I couldnt agree with what you said more.

Yeah, Mack seems like a logical pick, but 12 or where ever the Bills pick would be too high for him and a mid second round pick might be too late.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Mack is a beast but I don't think there's that big of a drop off in talent at Center between him and say Antoine Caldwell in round 3
Old 12-23-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everette Brown is by far my most favorite DE in the draft. I am sure he will skyrocket before the draft though.

I did think of this,

Get Billick as the HC and get Nolan too.
Switch to 3-4 Defense
Sign Terrel Suggs (Billick would need to make a big push to get him on our team though)
Draft Tyson Jackson

Wow.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your thoughts on Jason Brown from Baltimore?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Hmmm. Not bad. Too be honest I've been leaning more towards wanting to sign a veteran Center rather than draft one early. I also like that he can play guard if needed.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly have not seen too much of him this year but I was a big fan coming into the season, and I don't think he's had a bad year. I'd be thrilled to get him somehow.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets try and use the draft thread......i know this is kind of all we are living for right now, but if that means this thread fading for a bit then so be it. I am not going to be a hardass on it or anything, but the thread does exist for a reason
Old 12-23-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
lets try and use the draft thread......i know this is kind of all we are living for right now, but if that means this thread fading for a bit then so be it. I am not going to be a hardass on it or anything, but the thread does exist for a reason
I post mock drafts in there. All other general draft talk I keep here though
Old 12-23-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright....maybe we can change that to a mock thread then....hmmm, I'll get on it
Old 12-23-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

just realized we had both a mock thread and a draft discussion thread, they are now 1 thread for mocks and we can keep all discussion here.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well... that was a... weird typical Bills season. Highs and Lows, no where in between. All the games had me shaking my head and pissed off at some point because of Jauron or Edwards doing something ******* ********.

Well... here are some things I have to say about what I'd like to happen for us fans...

1. Fire Jauron
We need a coach with some balls. I'm pretty sure Jauron has none and the only guy on the Bills staff I know has any is coach April. April needs another raise. He lost half his special teamers and still put out a great unit filled with first and second year players mostly.

Who do I want to be the new coach? Anyone who won't bring in a ******* Tampa-2, Cover-2 defense. I've had enough of this defensive scheme we are running. Dial up the blitz and get some pass rushers.

To throw an actual name out there, Schwartz is my favourite for the job. I'd actually prefer Spagnuolo but I don't think hes an option, he seems like an NFC guy to me, just a feeling.

2. Get a VP of Football Operations & a General Manager
I have no idea who there is that I'd like the Bills to pick up, but I'd just rather see something other than a handful of guys in charge of it. It just seems stupid to do it this way. Its nice to actually be able to blame individuals for failure rather than have it slowly sink through the group and just slow up things.

3. Free agency & thoughts
Get rid of Fowler and Preston. Sign someone who can play ball. We need someone with some POWER because the other 3 teams in the division all run a 3-4 with Wilfork and Jenkins holding the middle in NY and NE. The Dolphins will probably find someone solid there soon too. Apparently Matt Birk is a UFA, I know hes not a big man, but practicing against Pat Williams surely helped a bit... Of course Alex Mack is the one I really want though. That dude is MEAN out there and will definitely want a piece of Vince Wilfork.

The rest of the line I really don't have any gripes with. I know we were all hating Peters earlier and he didn't deserve that Pro-Bowl spot, but the guy IS a legit left tackle and has proven it. I'm not giving that away when there is no viable replacement for him. Not too big on the idea of never using the tight end and making them a sixth lineman like when Pennington was the right tackle.

The receivers, including tight ends... **** 'em. Not worth any investment at this point, there are other issues and theres some youth at TE already with Fine and Schouman, lets see where they end up.

Quarterback, I'm willing to ride with Edwards still, JP Losman is gone. Hadman isn't #2 as far as I am concerned. Bring a veteran in to be a backup. If Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich or Jeff Garcia want to come over and backup Edwards, or in the case of Garcia, try and beat him out in camp, I'd be happy.

Running back. LOCKUP ACTION JACKSON. Him and Marshawn are a hell of a combo and a great duo. Need them around long term. Both offer more than just a rushing threat with their hands and Action Jackson can return the ball as well if we are down a returner.

Cornerback is fine, Greer needs an extension if he doesn't have one already. I don't care if we're paying solid coin out to 3 of them, we play in a division that needs to stop the Pats and their spread. Reggie Corner might have made some plays in the Denver game but he got abused most of the time this season.

Safety, we need an upgrade at wherever Whitner isn't playing and we need to get Whitner healthy. He faded hard down the stretch after the first few weeks of the season. We've got a lot of marginally talented backups, but Taylor Mays would have me grinning for weeks. He is my dream pick. Not worth trading up for though IMO. Keep the other safeties on the roster, see who can earn it in Camp and bring something to the special teams.

Linebacker. Crowell is gone, Ellison should never have been starting this year. Hes a backup through and through. Theres no real guys worth targeting in FA yet unless we want to shuffle a bit in which case I'd gladly take Vilma.

Defensive Line. We need help here more than anything, more specifically in getting a pass rush from the left end spot. Kelsay is a backup. I know Everette Brown plays there in college, but he doesn't seem like he'll be able to stick there at 250 pounds in the pros. Julius Peppers is a dream scenario obviously and I don't see any scenario where he leaves Carolina. The draft is a more likely scenario here where we take a couple of ends and see who sticks around in camp. We've got Ellis already as a potential pass rusher. I'd take a shot on Will Davis from Illinois in round 3 and Kyle Moore from USC in round 5 as well. Clinton McDonalds from Memphis looks like a workout warrior based on reports too and I could see him as a 6th round option. I really wouldn't mind seeing us investing 3 picks on Ends even if not all of them stick around. At least identify a need like cornerback last year.

This team has a lot of pieces, very few stars and just needs someone to bring them together better than Jauron. Some star power wouldn't hurt though
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Am I the only one who would like to see Phil Savage brought in to be our GM? I thought he did a good job with personnel in Cleveland but poor coaching doomed him.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Am I the only one who would like to see Phil Savage brought in to be our GM? I thought he did a good job with personnel in Cleveland but poor coaching doomed him.
absolutely......he is a tremendous talent evaluator imo. I cant wait to see what happens with Juaron. My prediction is him getting another year.

Last edited by Rob S : 12-30-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Offseason plan:

CSPAN

Cut
Schonert
Preston
and
Neill

!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

nevermind.

Quote:
Quote: